This league is in trouble...

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by TCTC2012, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    LG can never really be perfect when it comes to competitiveness, since leagues started there's always been issues like this. In a perfect world we would have 31 good top tier owners. Realistically we can only really have like 16-18 guys that can do a very good job. That just comes down to the people who apply. Trust me being on the side that has to decide who gets a team or not is never easy, especially when you get to the bottom of the list and you're just trying to scrap by with what you have. Tack on the fact that a lot of talented guys can't be decent people and you have a giant NML list that seems to be getting sorta smaller but its still way to large. Its easy to blame the league but our real issues are in the community itself. There's like 4-5 people on that NML that would be great owners but realistically speaking it just cant be done at this point. I don't think the league is 100% free of these issues but this is a community wide thing that hopefully but most likely wont ever be fixed.

As for players, the cream of the crop always rises to the top. If a player in a lower league does well they will get their shot in the NHL. The only way someone gets kept down is because they are an absolute goober or they aren't as good as they think they are and they've peaked in the lower leagues (Have seen this a lot over the years). There's also the players who purposely stay in the lower leagues because either their schedule works better with the game times or they just like bashing weaker competition and boosting their ego (acting like a goober). Would take a real community effort to fix all these issues but it just wont happen. Xbox still has these issues and that league (granted it was on another site) has been going since 2009.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  2. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    NOPE! I beat Freddy with a bunch of ECUs, TRASH!

OMG I'm so good, you all suck.

VibezEsports-

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    zubov_x_21
  3. ShawnGlade

ShawnGlade Hi

Discord:
    shawnglade#0
    Ratings:
    +342 / 180 / -302
    I'll never reach the NHL just because this season the Pittsburgh management couldn't figure out they're goalie situation. the Pens have used an ECU in net at least 30 times this season. I played against top lines and scary good teams. RIP my stats though, most managers in this look at your stats and decide right then and there that you aren't good enough without taking into account the team's record as well as the other players on the team

• Like Like x 1
    SGDragonSlayer
  4. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    If you're actually a good goalie than all you need to do is sit in shoutbox and play for guys when they say they need a G to get noticed... if that doesn't work then you're probably not as good as you think

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  5. MikeeTeeze

MikeeTeeze Seasoned veteran

Discord:
    mikeeteeze#0
    Ratings:
    +345 / 14 / -20
    Spending time in the shout box sucking off elites will get you to the NHL quicker than anything else. Just put your controller down, grab your laptop, login to LG and get your mouth ready.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    mikeeteeze
  6. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524

Sorry what ? Do you know how much time I myself and other owners put into scouting lol. Or looking over almost every name

Once the NHL adds a 32nd team thats 17 more jobs for more players to make the NHL in LG

TrooperPetterson
  7. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104

THEY TOOK OUR JERBS!

• Like Like x 1
    zubov_x_21
  8. zRobb-_-

zRobb-_- The Wayne Gretzky of sexual stuff

Ratings:
    +448 / 35 / -101
    After my ban when i returned season 4, i spent 3 seasons in the ahl on some really bad teams, and then when i finally made a good ahl team, the next season i was in the nhl. I agree that player stats are tough to judge people by when you have completely incompetent owners, but you also need to realize that jclaus and rico and woy and everyone from colorado will always be at the top because they are top players. If you’re truly a top player someone will eventually take notice and get you on their team, but there really aren’t many top players coming out of the woods anymore. You have good guys coming up and making some differences every season, but they are never really top players. Most of the players that get drafted every season wind up in the ahl anyway.

robshere
  9. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    I don't think you understand how many NHL clubs are looking for a consistent G to club with on a frequent basis.

Start responding to people when they are looking for a G and you'll get your name out there.

• Like Like x 5
    Sloshy97
  10. Scooooter10

Scooooter10 ScooTz#5149

Discord:
    ScooTz#5149
    Ratings:
    +1,263 / 75 / -193
    mgmt isnt hard, i dont know where u all get this shit from. being an owner is easy as fuck. even if u just have a free contract gm. the team essentially runs itself aside from trades.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
    scootz10
  11. KMAC5

KMAC5 Second coming of KMAC

Discord:
    kmac3323#0
    Ratings:
    +649 / 96 / -220
    League gone down hill since they locked up Capone

• Like Like x 1
    kmcdonald_55
  12. Markis

Markis Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 3 / -1
    Reading a stat line in Excel isn't what I mean by scouting. I mean knowing the player's attitude, play style and what kind of potential skill ceiling they have. Too many players in the lower leagues to get a proper evaluation on them so we do what we can with the stats available to us.

No Streaming Account
  13. xPolskaaa--92

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524

I mean for new owners sure, Ive seen many guys get promoted from ahl and chl as NHL owners and fail incredibly by giving the talent your talking about shots. Than there is other guys like Carolina aka Iowa Wild who can do it. I could gaurentee you if Hartford was in the NHL they would be better than most teams atm. So your argumenet is false. Long time owners who have been successful at the NHL level for many seasons running teams know talent pool.

• Like Like x 3
    TrooperPetterson
  14. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    It’s really not hard to figure out if a person has thumbs or not. Unfortunately this game isn’t really “the best” so perhaps not as much people are playing it as perhaps last nhl. But for goalies it’s got to be the easiest way to make it in the nhl. We have seen a lot of goalies come up big in this game you have @xUnknown_31 , @Cage , @Yoshi_swagger and @Faytal_Flow all cement themselves as top elite goalies. Fwds and D I can see it becoming harder to break into the scene as people generally club with the same people or have “shoutbox teams”. But if you preform at the AHL/CHL level no reason someone won’t take notice and at least give you a 500k bid. I’m not sure what the competition is in the AHL, but y’all are taking Ls to Hartford and Hartford takes Ls to random shoutbox teams so there might be a bigger skill gap then you think.
    As for scouting...who signs up for scouting games for the nhl? AHLers, CHLers and fringe nhl third liners. Like congrats you can beat people of your caliber or a nhl owner playing G or some other position they aren’t familiar with so they can see someone. This “scouting game” isn’t gonna tell me much if you can hang with a top NHL line unless we match with them in club which seems unlikely as nobody plays club. Also finally @SGDragonSlayer you used to be a AHL/CHL troll with awful connection and pretty poor thumbs, perhaps you have improved but that’s what I remember you for.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Nybarisny
  15. Markis

Markis Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 3 / -1
    My claim is that it's impossible to accurately scout 3000 players. What exactly is your counter argument here?

No Streaming Account
  16. xPolskaaa--92

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    Dude we are on our 8th season.... I guarantee you by season 13-15 all players will be in their right tier ... The league is just growing every generation.. With that said its still fresh and balancing it self out. Go to XBOX S30 and u will see what I am talking about

• Like Like x 2
    TrooperPetterson
  17. Markis

Markis Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 3 / -1
    Claiming everyone is in the right league over on Xbox is dubious at best. You have guys that were in the NHL last season drop down to CHL without stopping by the AHL at all?

https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums...eam_user&userid=17561&leagueid=39&seasonid=30

This player had an AHL S28 where he went 20-3-3.. goes to NHL to a poor season with a non-playoff team for S29... now he's in the CHL with a 15-2-0.

Do a large portion of players slot in where they should? Maybe. But to say everyone is where they should be is wrong.

No Streaming Account
  18. Oso-Sic

Oso-Sic RIP to Recki

Discord:
    Oso-Sic#4266
    Ratings:
    +601 / 6 / -39
    The issue isn't with players and the league they're in. If you have enough skill, decent availability, and can communicate like an adult, you will eventually make the top league. Top talent doesn't go unrecognized forever. If you think otherwise, I really don't know what to tell you.

The problem is with management. There are too many stupid owners who get their scrub buddies on their team. Not only does that hurt their own team, but they're essentially taking up spots of players that may actually deserve a shot in the NHL. There's too many people with teams that don't have a clue how to run an organization. You need to be smart to know how to manage your cap and actually put a team together. This community isn’t necessarily made up of a bunch of Wharton School hopefuls.

Keep in mind, I'm not blaming the league staff because they can only appoint teams to the people that apply to be an owner. They can't forcefully give teams to people. If someone could find a way to incentivize and convince the good players/quality managers to actually take on the job every year, well then they deserve a Clancy Trophy.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    HoustonOso
  19. Schwartz-74

Schwartz-74 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lil Uzi Vert#9513
    Ratings:
    +167 / 6 / -17
    or 5 days a week before the rule change.

lil_ubi_vert
  20. NYC_1Ts

NYC_1Ts EASHL Forward From The MFing Hood

Ratings:
    +66 / 3 / -13
    ^^^This.

also i will add that once people start treating this like "a Men's rec League" instead of acting like it is the pinnacle of competition in EASHL 6s it will be a step in the right direction.

from a players perspective, people have to have some self awareness. its a team sport as BBunny and others have mentioned, and one player (outside of 2-3 of them) is not going to be the huge difference maker over the course of the season. realizing that any new season ISNT actually your chance to "finally become known!" is another step in the right direction. I don't have the availability to play regular games 3 nights a week anymore, and so i had to leave the league (again), but nothing has changed. its still just a bunch of people thinking that this is finally the season when they can prove they're the next Jaqueezy.

just looking at the issues in this thread and the fact that everyone who's on the team is guaranteed playing time solidifies my stance. it isn't elite competition and most of us are just average dudes.

if you want to prove you're a star go play club in the pay-to-play tournaments. if you think you're a master GM who "knows talent" then go make a club and prove it that way. this league is "in trouble" because its become more about navigating the rules/procedures than it is being talented, but most of the problems caused by player revolves around "This teammate or this line is killing my street cred." massive detriment.

also if you're playing on a trash connection don't sign up. nothing worse than being scheduled for only an 11pm game that A) starts late because of a DC in the 10pm game, and B) has a DC during it so it doesn't end until about midnight eastern. that is a nightmare. and for what? 1 player on his mom's wifi to feel like he's a part of "The NHL"? huge waste of 11 other people's time.

flame away

nyc_1ts