Will you buy EA's Latest Sports Title?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Bartlett89, Jul 26, 2007.

1. RAINMAKER512

RAINMAKER512 Da Pothead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the best thing was clinton portis saying he didn't see anything wrong with what vick did.

No Streaming Account
  2. pop0331

pop0331 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    While he's wrong and clueless, he's got every right to his opinion. As stupid as it is.

No Streaming Account
  3. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  4. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea, Vick is definatly in a heap of trouble. I bet Atlanta is kicking themselves now for trading away Matt Schaub. Looks like Harrington will be taking the first string snaps at camp. Well, on the plus side, if Vick is convicted we wont have everyone using Atlanta online in Madden 08 scrambling with Vick.

Gajeske85
  5. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Heck they better work out Daunte Culpepper too. Daunte on one leg is still better than Harrington.

No Streaming Account
  6. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I agree. They might as well sign him. Daunte is a good QB, he just needs to stay healthy. He also flourishes when he has a good WR (Randy Moss in Minnesota). Atlanta now having Horn would be a good target for him. Who knows, he would probably want a ton of money.

Gajeske85
  7. swiper19

swiper19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    do you remember the movie " The Program " about College Football , one of my favorite lines in that movie was " he's just a gang banger with speed " that is plain and simple for both Mike & Marcus Vick... gang bangers with speed.

you can take them out of the streets but you can't take the streets out of them.

No Streaming Account
  8. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Personally ive had enough of following athletes and thinking there great..

I Follow the team.. Buying Jersey numbers or names is only adding the ego that has been building for years. The best thing that america and anywhere else can do for these guys is to quit praising them and just follow the team..

I would sure like to see a website that could take all the good deeds atheletes do and give them some accolades for doing good instead of all this press of them acting like fools...

IM all for this new NFL commissioner.

No Streaming Account
  9. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think Goodell has done a hell of a job all things considered. Tagliabue was a little old school and wasn't prepared to deal with all the crap that comes with modern players. I think some players are worthy of admiration. But most act like starting a charitable foundation(which is just a huge tax shelter anyways) is enough, and that they can go out and do whatever they want. Both of the Vicks should be completely out of football. The problem is, the good press for positive things is not as compelling for television as crap like this. I'm a dog lover like several of us, and doing some of the things he (allegedly) did are sub-human.

No Streaming Account
  10. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if he would or not. You gotta figure no one is going to give him good money when they don't know if he can play. Atlanta could sign him to a one-year. If he shows good stuff and stays healthy, someone else would sign him for bigger money. Hes gotta know his best shot is with them, the Raiders have their guy, they just haven't signed him yet. Maybe they'll just sit tight, lose a bunch, get a top pick and take Brohm. You gotta figure the coaching staff has at least thought about that possibility.

No Streaming Account
  11. BxGngsta

BxGngsta Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I applaud Godell for trying to keep things the way the former commish started. Let's be real, we are talking about dog-fighting and not rape or murder here. I come from a culture where roosters are taught to fight and people gamble on it. Now if he was in fact killing animals, that's just totally wrong, but I'm sure it's part of the whole pitbull dog-fighting. I have gotten bit by a pit before so there's no love lost here. These dogs are naturally ~*~* and are great for fighting. If he was involved in a dog-fighting ring, he needs to get punished, but let's not crucify the idiot like he was a rapist or child-molester.

No Streaming Account
  12. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    These dogs are not naturally ~*~*. If a dog is "~*~*" its because scumbags like Vick inbred them. I own 3 of them, actually i rescued 3 of them. There is nothing ~*~* about them. People just treat them like crap because they are good fighters if you train them to be. Im sorry you got bit by one but whoever owned that dog didnt do a good job of raising it. I guarantee if i locked you in a room with my 3 dogs all that would happen is they would lick you to death and beg you to throw a ball for them. :)

OK great, he's not a child molester or a rapist, that will look good on his resume. I love reading all the Vick appolgists (not saying you are) whip that one out like its some sort of defense for what he did. Hey he didnt rape any kids lets cut him some slack!

I hope Vick and the other trash get serious time because he is a piece of garbage.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  13. BxGngsta

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm not a Vick fan at all, I'm just saying this to me is getting a little ridiculous. I didn't mean the ~*~* thing in that context. There are way too many instances of these dogs just snapping. My sister-in-law's son, a 3yr old, had her son attacked by their pit for no damn reason. The boy had to have plastic surgery on his face for crying out loud. Like I said no love lost for these dogs on my part. That's great if you have rescued some, hopefully they are all sane.

I just can't comprehend why people want this guy crucified for this? Are we for real? We let rapists, murderers, drug-dealers walk the streets, but let's make sure Vick does some really hard time and gets thrown out of the league as well. Come On!

No Streaming Account
  14. Drake

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What does one thing have to do with the other, your logic is lost on me. They should all go to jail. Im pretty sure if Vick had murdered someone that the outcry would be 100x worse. Or did you miss that whole OJ thing?

But what rapists and murderers walking the streets are you talking about, you must live in some rough neighborhood.

Im sorry you cant comprehend the fact that people want someone that tortures and kills animals to go to jail. Its really not that complicated.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  15. BxGngsta

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm from The Bronx, NY. More importantly NYC where guys get a slap on their wrists for things that I personally feel they should be locked up for life for.

I comprehend just fine. Let me help you understand my point. Vick has done something wrong, sure let him be punished, but I feel the media, the animal activists are calling for him to be crucified. Do you think he should? Why all the fuss over him? I fell he's getting more attention than other athletes have gotten when they have done things 10x's worse than this.

No Streaming Account
  16. nosice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bx when you say something 10X worse .. what could be worse.. other than rape, murder. Gambling isnt worse even though he is being tried on that. See where they're coming from.. they dont want to go to the electric chair but it was heartless to starve and kill the animals.

I dont agree that he's getting more press.. FOr weeks on end we heard of Michael Irvin and Kobe Bryant... Mark Chimera remember him.. dropped like a bad habit.. Pacman Jones, up until the vick issue, led all NFL stories, as well as the Tank Johnson fiasco... I think Vick is getting the right amount of press..

I think its a situation where I think Mike thinks he'll get away with it and everybody is telling him its worse than he thinks.. The attitude that he has might inflame the masses even more.

No Streaming Account
  17. Drake

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I feel that he should be punished. I dont know what you consider "crucified". Of course he shouldnt get the same sentence as a murderer or a rapist but he shouldnt get off just because you've seen some bad sentences. He should do some time, hopefully a few years. Dont forget he is not just facing the dog charges he is also up against running an interstate gambling ring.

No Streaming Account
  18. Probert

Probert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The situation is a bit more complex than this. Michael Vick is a public figure and a role model. Any such person should understand that they will come under very close scrutiny if they choose to break the law. Michael Vick has broken the law before, and swore up and down to the NFL and Atlanta Falcons that he had nothing to do with the dog fighting operation. Now there is very strong evidence, including testimony from Mr. Taylor, that indicated Vick was involved all along.

If Michael Vick weren't a public figure this case would have likely never garnered the attention it did. This isn't about race at all, it is about truth and accountability. From what I understand organized dog fighting takes place anywhere from urban metropolitan settings to the countryside, and sees participation from any number of ethnic groups. The government would have prosecuted this case if it were big Ben Rothlisberger just the same.

I have no respect for Michael Vick and how he has carried himself since he became an Atlanta Falcon (and got on my radar). He's made some very bad decisions and it doesn't appear as though he has learned from them. He seems to think he can do whatever he wants and get away with it, because he's Michael Vick (i.e. rich and famous). Which ultimately brings me to my last point: despite everything I've said here I find it difficult to accept that he is being prosecuted by the current US government administration.

We're talking about a President and an administration that has repeatedly lied to the public/congress/senate while shielding themselves from prosecution with questionable tactics. President Bush is the lamest of lame duck Presidents with little left to do but protect his cronies. His Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez has repeatedly lied under oath, and while this has effectively undermined him to the point where he is a powerless joke, he is still a free man earning a very nice salary out my tax dollars.

When Cheney divulged the identity of a secret agent who's husband is a politician who spoke out against the war he let his Chief of Staff Scooter Libby take the blame and the fall. Libby was convicted, but days before his jail sentence was to start President Bush stepped in and commuted his sentence. Libby, despite being convicted, is a free man.

The greater issue I see here is an amalgam of politics, sports, and entertainment in American culture. Every single one of these is dominated by money, greed, and a distinct lack of integrity if not downright cheating. Who would you rather be right now? Commisioner David Stern who's NBA is reeling from a nasty referee/organized crime gambling setup? Roger Goodell who's NFL is rife with thugs and criminals? Bud Selig who's about to witness the all-time homerun record shattered by a guy so jacked up on steroids he doesn't even look normal anymore?

This whole nation was built on Christian values, and these values continue to shape the hypocrisy of our society today. I know you guys remember a few years ago when Janet Jackson flashed a nipple on TV during the Superbowl. That was a HUGE scandal for this sexually repressed society of ours. I know you guys are aware of the HUGE debate in the US regarding what kind of history to teach in schools: shall we teach creationism? Evolution? Intelligent Design? How about we teach history in history classes, and teach Christianity in Christian churches?

I am sick and tired of being told how to live and what to do by a bunch of hypocrites! If people want Christian values in this country how about they focus on ethics and integrity? Bill Clinton lied about getting a ****ing blowjob in the oval office, and they tried to impeach him for lying. Our current President and administration have lied time and time again, yet where is the clamor from the moral masses? There were never any Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq. It is a documented fact that the President was briefed on New Orleans and Hurricane Katrina and the potential devastation on account of the levies BEFORE Katrina made landfall. It is a documented fact that he was briefed about the levees breaking within 24 hours of it happening, yet he is on public record claiming he didn't know anything about anything until at least 48 hours after Katrina hit.

I think every public figure in our great country should be held accountable for their actions, no matter if they are entertainers, athletes, politicians, or all of the above. Since many of our public figures are not held accountable, I have a hard time jumping on the bandwagon to convict Michael Vick, no matter how little I think of him and what he has done.

There must be equal justice for all. Until that day comes the judicial system will continue to be a joke, a capitalist puppet for the wealthy and privileged.

That's all. :mrgreen:

19. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Pete, you are preaching to the proverbial choir.

No Streaming Account
  20. nosice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let me say this as few words as it takes... Your full of it Pete!!!

Give me a break, This isnt democrat or republican arguement.. Or what admistration is in office or not.. It's RIGHT AND WRONG. It has nothing to with who's in office.

And its not the Christian Values that shape hypocrisy of the nation built on those values .. Give me a break its the guys that dont hold to those christian values.. As in saying they are christian when they are not. THUS Being a hypocrite. It's Not the values. It comes down to the individual to do Whats Right and Wrong..

And that's All..

No Streaming Account