Wind

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour - PS4' started by nz-kraut, Sep 4, 2014.

1. nz-kraut

nz-kraut Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Is everyone getting the same wind for all these courses? I have had 12 plus mph wind for all my 4 rounds so far...sitting almost in last place. This shit is impossible, both boulder point rounds i played in 16mph winds..

If everyone else is getting nice 3 mph winds then this shit is never going to work.

No Streaming Account
  2. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    My wind speeds have been 10+ MPH all week.

fkncommishlb
  3. StenchMontana

StenchMontana Poker Player | Gamer

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    different wind speeds are realistic tho. if you go outside right now the wind speed can be much diff than 2 hours from now or 3 hours ago.

maybe we can sticky a "Live Scheduling" thread, so some of us can play the tour at the same time and it will show the other people as "Live" on the scorecard instead of "ghost"

No Streaming Account
  4. nz-kraut

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This game is all about everyone being on the same foot though. A tour should have the same wind for everyone. I have no problem with 16mph if everyone else had it also for that round.

No Streaming Account
  5. ACES-R-WILD-

ACES-R-WILD- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    i hadv a 9 10 wind on boulder and the other courses yea it was tough

No Streaming Account
  6. sarsdisease21

sarsdisease21 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I had between 10-14 on all my 8 rounds

No Streaming Account
  7. rickypro333

rickypro333 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    The wind is global. If you are playing your round at the same time as someone else, you should both have the same wind. What I will do sometime is come back later if I get to the first tee and the wind is high. The wind will change over the course of the day.

No Streaming Account
  8. Forthy

Forthy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +515 / 15 / -32
    This isn't how it works in real life either, to be fair. Certain players can get an advantage just by luck of the draw by getting an early tee time when it's going to rain or be windy in the afternoon. Quite often you find groupings of players near the top of the leaderboard who teed off early the first day and late the second day (or vice versa) simply because the weather conditions favoured those time slots. One of the biggest parts about playing a game outside.

• Like Like x 1
    jdforthy
  9. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    I am in complete agreement here, personally. Wind changes during tournaments in real life. I compensated and played my game in the wind.

It's just a game, guys. Not life or death, or paying our bills.
    [MENTION=12466]nz-kraut[/MENTION]

• Like Like x 1
    fkncommishlb
  10. BigDaddyMT

BigDaddyMT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't agree more. I like to play whatever wind I'm given. Seems more realistic to me this way.

Having said that, I'm also completely fine with the idea of someone exiting their round so they can try later with better wind conditions.

No Streaming Account
  11. jgainsey

jgainsey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I had pretty decent wind speeds for my first 7 rounds, and then I was rewarded with 1-2mph winds and a -13 in my final round.

The inconsistency doesn't bother me. It's random for everyone... Which means it will all balance itself out over enough time.

Besides, wind speeds are vary so much in real life anyways. I can be driving into 20mph winds one minute, and 2 minutes later someone I'm playing with will have like 5 mph.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    No Streaming Account
  12. nz-kraut

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

And how is that realistic. Kind of makes the wind argument redundant when everyone exits out until they get 4 mph winds.

No Streaming Account
  13. nevadaballin

nevadaballin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I've learned to deal with the wind for the most part. Shot shaping with the grid is your friend on a windy day. One thing I will do though, if I play the first round on a course and it is windy, I won't play the second round right after it. I'll come back later. But to be honest, if there is little wind, i will play the next round as well.

I will not back out of a first round though, I'll play it regardless of the wind. It's how I've learned to work the wind with the grid. the only time it really sucks is with a strong headwind on a long par 5. Hate when that happens lol.

I do believe HB Studios will eventually give tour creators the opportunity to determine wind conditions some time in the near future.

No Streaming Account
  14. BigDaddyMT

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    It's not. But remember... this is a game that we play from our couch so I try not to overthink it.

No Streaming Account
  15. nz-kraut

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    When you said you couldn't agree more with eMLB who said "Wind changes during tournaments in real life."...kinda made me think you were comparing this game t real life...so not sure what you agree with now.

No Streaming Account
  16. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    I think you're overthinking this, and taking it a little too seriously. Don't "Live for It". Just have fun. Even if the wind varies coming back later, it's not something we can control (yet), and frankly I'm fine if it stays this way. Those who play the waiting game will just be risking non-completion of their rounds, and loss of points.

fkncommishlb
  17. BigDaddyMT

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    No need to get your panties in a bunch man! :)

All I'm saying is that for me personally... I play whatever conditions I'm given and don't exit out of a round to try and get better conditions later. I do this because I feel that it mimics real life and I tend to enjoy my games more when there's a higher sense of realism rather than a lower sense.

But the big picture here is that this is just a game for entertainment purposes. Just because I get a higher entertainment value out of playing it MY way doesn't mean that I look down on people who find a higher entertainment value out of playing it THEIR way.

The ONLY place that I draw the line is when I feel like they are purposely manipulating the game in such a way that it's not being played the way the developers intended for it to be played - like those using third party controllers that allow them to hit the ball perfectly straight every single time without even thinking about. THIS is an unfair advantage and kinda ruins the fun for everyone.

No Streaming Account
  18. StenchMontana

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Bottom Line: If you exit and come back later to play with a chance of lower wind speeds, then you are soft. You think real life players step up to the tee in real life at 8am and say nah you know what ill come back at 3pm maybe the weather will be better. Cant do that in real life and we shouldnt be able to do it here either. i mean yeah if you play 18 then have to leave for a little bit and finish the next 18 later on thats fine but dont determine it on 12mph just to come back and get 6mph. not that serious! and wheres the challenge?

some of these scores up there on the leaderboard already look suspect to me, but hey what can we do.

No Streaming Account
  19. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Nothing more suspect than that @Tris10 fellow's scores, eh? ;)

Hint: See XBox league.

fkncommishlb
  20. StenchMontana

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    LOL! suspectttttttttttttttttt jk tris

No Streaming Account