What is going on, for real?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by l HowieDoo l, Dec 6, 2016.

1. l HowieDoo l

l HowieDoo l Pylon here!!

Ratings:
    +1,461 / 57 / -75
    Spam it? I made one post in the chatbox. It was a joke amongst buddies. Even @LG McDonald laughed about it and joked about sending an alert to the entire league about it. @Nightmare xX even had a laugh about it. So i dont know why that is even mentioned.

• Like Like x 2
    HowieDoo
  2. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,043 / 114 / -859
    Why was I tagged?

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  3. HobO0nurporch

HobO0nurporch Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hobooo#0
    Ratings:
    +810 / 89 / -75
    #FreeZacha

• Like Like x 2
    miT_
  4. GreasyGogan

GreasyGogan Chief of Heimbecker

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 66 / -49
    I used to really love this sort of shit back in the day. I feel old and disengaged now. My AHL return needs to happen ASAP

• Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    Jay_Rulez
  5. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,043 / 114 / -859
    I've watched it and the thread was moved to a staff forum. Tris and I both took the time to listen to all 2.5 hours of it.
    What does this hut stuff have to do with anything?
    Appreciate your 2 cents and being honest and respectful. Nothing is being swept under the rug. In fact I think tiddus spent the entire weekend explaining why the decisions was made and based on what. Also keep in mind that "not agreeing" with a league ruling isn't us sweeping anything under the rug...

The NHL community on LG this season has been awful. The amount of good members whom don't even want to play or us the forums anymore is beginning to be alarming. Some can play the game for not creating a competitive environment to participate in and other think it could be cause of people getting bored with the league or that they just don't agree with those people in authority roles. Whatever the reason is at this time we have already seen Pro Series basically fold because of the community coming together to fuck Nuge who did nothing but dedicate time to ensuring there was more to play for. We had LGHUT fold last night do to community related issues...now what?

I respect that you don't agree with the decisions or rulings but if you don't see an issue with the community in general right now and don't agree it does need to be addressed I think you aren't seeing the entire picture.

LG was put together to give players a reason to actually play NHL... there isn't anything really offered to those whom want a competitive hockey experience yet LG continues to try and offer that. The site and league wasn't put together so a group of friends can get drunk and have a racial slur fest and call it league media, then say it's not league media because it coulda been any leagues ahl and it wasn't on our YouTube channel..

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  6. Riemersmaa

Riemersmaa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +977 / 45 / -27
    Miss you bb

• Like Like x 1
    Riemersma11
  7. l HowieDoo l

Ratings:
    +1,461 / 57 / -75

I agree 100% that the toxcity of this league is at an all time high, and that things need to be done or addressed. My main problem is that some people were punished such as Zacha when all he did was chirp alittle using no racial slur and others werent such as Viva La Rangers....same with Danky who used many racial slurs but nothing was done to him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    HowieDoo
  8. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,043 / 114 / -859
    I'll assume you still have a copy of the video.

If so go through it again and send me time stamps of when dank and others went off racially and examples of when guys like zach were live and didn't say anything.

I can't promise it'll be this week that I can review it all again. But I wil during the break.

I know I was doing league stuff when it all was going on and the entire two hours was a shit show of bs and drama that literally was the breaking point for me.

When are we going to all realize as a community we are ruining this for ourselves?

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  9. l HowieDoo l

Ratings:
    +1,461 / 57 / -75
    I do not have a copy of it any more due to it being deleted, and that is disheartening. What i do have is a pm between zacha and tiddus where tiddus tells him he is not being banned because of racial comments but because he participated in it(the site will not let me post it for some reason). And if that is the case then Viva should also be banned because he participated.

Anyway you look at it, all points back to this is rediculous that this happened. People should know better and punishment should be given out. But reasonable punishment should be given. And people shoildnt be guilty by association.

• Old Old x 1
    HowieDoo
  10. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    Yeah the video was taken down I asked buck

mattyhandz
  11. I Am Wonger

I Am Wonger 2 Time Champion

Discord:
    wonger8214#0
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 36 / -57
    How bout that pin system amirite ?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. DrugMonkeyRX

DrugMonkeyRX Grind Line

Ratings:
    +244 / 6 / -10
    I would like to see more bans with no buyouts being handed out.....just take out the trash and make sure the back door is locked.

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Drugmonkeyrx
  13. Crankov

Crankov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 22 / -61
    If guys are getting banned for being racist and attacking people personally. Then staff should take a look at the chat. Guys get attacked every day on it. Staff should be more consistent on punishments. Not this one gets off with a warning while other guys get a ban. That's why people are in a uproar.

If some guys get banned for being on the show why aren't all of them banned?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,763 / 76 / -125
    First I'm not commenting on the few guys that were banned from the video here. This is a problem bigger than them. I think we can all agree that the "online bullying" and shit talk is way outta hand. First and foremost that needs to stop. I can certainly take a joke and I can certainly dish them as well but some of the things I read in the chatbox, forum or more often than not group me/whats app etc are way past the line of humorous. When did we start being blind to that line? When did it become acceptable to just say things because were trying to get a reaction? I hope it gets under control and soon. Whether removing the few bad apples will solve that or not I don't know but it needs to begin somewhere. Lets all try to dial it down a notch and find a better way.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    notoriousfat00
  15. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,043 / 114 / -859
    Common misconception

Staff and site admin have no way of knowing what goes on 24/7 on the site. So if you have an issue when no one is around take some screenshots and let us know

LeagueGamingOfficial
  16. Nightmare xX

Nightmare xX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +414 / 33 / -38

I am not random thank you very much .

@Zacha l 37 l @Bake703 @l HowieDoo l @Soapy412

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. bMaJuH

bMaJuH Free Agent

Ratings:
    +1,972 / 47 / -79
    Hi there,
    I know I haven't been around much but now that I'm caught up I feel I can someone say my 2 cents without looking like a complete idiot.

First Off, we can say what we want too. We can say that they didn't mean anything by it or whatever, the problem is that they did it. They represented it as AHL Media by mentioning is as the "AHL Roast" and posting it in the forums.. therefore whatever the punishment for that part of it all was is fair. Now before you grab the pitchforks and torches, let me also say this. I know a lot of the guys on this podcast. Guys such as @Dan Hutton @Da Young Buck and @Zacha l 37 l and they probably know that what they did was really stupid... and I mean REALLY STUPID ; but these guys were probably just drunk as fuck and didnt mean to offend anyone (at ;east I would hope not).. they seem like ok guys from my experience and this doesn't seem like their characters by any means but hey, I didn't watch the video so I cant judge that or what they said.

Secondly, we have to be honest and look at ourselves in the mirror. Is the league, or even this community anywhere near user friendly anymore? Thats just a blatant NO. N-O. We all signed up to this league for fun, competitive hockey to meet new people and play with some of the best of the best (depending on what you want to do with your virtual career) but if things like that podcast are what people see? Or the stupid shit in the threads and shout boxes that some people post are what people see... who would want to sign up for something like that? The community has really taken a turn for the worst. First it was Pro Series.. then UHL last night... and what do you think the reason is? Because it sure as hell isn't the staff that work their asses off day and night for this league.... WITHOUT PAY, so everyone has a good league to play in. So don't you think there is a reason that we see people slowly leave or hesitate to sign up?

Lastly before this post gets any longer the it needs to be, I first off agree with @DrugMonkeyRX 100%.... PLEASE GET THE SCUM OFF OF THIS SITE AND DON'T GIVE THEM CHANCES TO COME BACK. People that are being pieces of shit to others on purpose and have valid reason to be punished need to be removed. We need players obviously but not that badly, not badly enough to tolerate what we've seen the past few months. I feel this debacle is the wake-up call that the LG Community has needed for a while. Even though it is unfortunately at the expense of some of the members, we needed to open our eyes here for a problem that i feel has been pushed aside for way too long. We have to all better ourselves and make LG friendlier and more user-friendly. Get the toxicity out of this league and keep it out. If you cant handle yourself then you shouldn't be apart of LG. Enough said there. Also huge thanks to the staff for the work they put in on a daily basis (@LG McDonald @Tris10 @Tiddus and everyone else)... sorry for such a long winded post but this has really been on my mind for a very long while now... and I feel it needed to be said. Thanks for reading this if you did :).

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 10
  18. DrugMonkeyRX

DrugMonkeyRX Grind Line

Ratings:
    +244 / 6 / -10
    No clue how the staff here lasted this long handling this type of nonsense over and over and over again. I give you props for sticking it out but eventually these guys are going to bail as well..and for what?

Once someone gets banned he should not have an option of buying back in the next damn day. His option of buying back into the league should be AFTER his suspension has been served then Allow them a ONE TIME buyin option...if he gets banned again he's gone for good why is this so hard to do? Lol

You will see how fast everyone gets in line.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Drugmonkeyrx
  19. Skizzostone

Skizzostone Well-Known Member

Discord:
    skizzostone#0
    Ratings:
    +714 / 82 / -72
    You realize that when you quit you got banned for 3 seasons (or should of idk if you did or not) so calling all these guys scum isn't the smartest IMO.

Zacha didn't do anything that's been done 1000 times before on this site. he called some kids bad literally happens daily but he's got a 3 season ban and is now labeled as scum give your head a shake.

You think buck and Dan did the show because they wanted to say a bunch of dumb shit and get banned? no they live for nhl and like to blabber about it.

Now the racist thing is where it gets dumb because it's stupid. But when you pool in known trolls like @Danky who's a known racist (Idk if you guys remember but a few seasons ago he got banned for joining multiple league members parties including BoGs and yelling racist and derogatory words) is just asking for trouble. unsure why he isn't banned again but eh I'm not worried about it.

My point is don't shun good guys like Dan, buck and Zacha for one night of getting too carried away at 2 am ranting and raving about the league that they literally volunteered hours to yearly. Guys who quit I'm all for not having a buyout because that's scummy. Guys who get banned for cheating 100% no buyout but cm on don't forget that these guys have all contributed to this league and shouldn't just be thrown aside when they're not on the greener side of the pasture at the moment.

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  20. Crankov

Crankov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 22 / -61
    I totally understand that staff can't be around all the time. Staff already give up their spare time for free.

It may be time to get rid of ban buyouts. I know I used it once. Guys quitting and coming back hours later. Other guys getting a ban as punishment isn't really a punishment when they buy it out. I understand it's a source of income also.

Make the buyout only available during offseason and don't make it a option for guys who are serving it as punishment. Up the price to $50. Easy way to get rid of the bad element. It's a start.

Even the 3 strike method for chat box. If they get chat banned 3 times in a month then give them a season ban. Options to think about.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account