* New * Season 37 [XBOX] - Season 15 [PSN] - Signups Open!

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by LG McDonald, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    I'm in Vancouver and get better ping to QC than I do to central lol. Hopefully they fix the servers up a bit.

Also @LG McDonald, I'd recommend making the signup choices show each server not just west-central-east. There are 5 servers in north america: Canada east, USA east, "central", Canada west, Canada east. That would be the best way to maximize the fairness, if you're set on the nobody gets to choose the server thing.

Really hope they add another true central server but I doubt it. NHL uses Amazon servers and they only have servers on the coasts essentially so we're shit outta luck.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    eamonnjcf
  2. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    It'd be central in that situation. Doesn't help the west people out at all but it would knock a bit of ping off of the east guys I guess lol.

• Like Like x 1
    eamonnjcf
  3. bonwl

bonwl Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bonwl#9306
    Ratings:
    +956 / 37 / -74
    An even bigger flaw in all this is that there will no longer be any west lines made up of 6 west coast players in the same game. West guys will be "lucky" to get central servers. They will be forced onto far east servers majority of the time.

• Like Like x 1
    Bonwl15
  4. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    • Like Like x 3
    eamonnjcf
  5. Hypnxtiikz

Hypnxtiikz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 5 / -2
    Real question is does ea actually care about 6s enough to invest in new servers

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    Well they did manage to add more servers in the middle of nhl19 I believe. I think there was only cali west and an east server at the start of 19. And then they added some more when HUT got servers. So there is some hope.

eamonnjcf
  7. SmearedPap

SmearedPap Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xdoughty8x#0
    Ratings:
    +391 / 34 / -48
    Bonwl hits the nail on the head right here . You are alienating all of northwest Canada if you implement this. I personally am an NHL AGM right now. I 100 will quit / retire if this goes through. I've played LG since S5. Haven't missed one season. But I don't agree with the discrimination and will just chose to play another league if this is the case. Central is 85-90 ping for any western Canadian. How is that even close to fair gameplay. It's not that often you have to actually play a west line. Bonwls numbers show that. Let the community play some games on west for a change. Or just discriminate and I'm sure you will lose a lot of player base in doing so

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    SmearedPap
  8. Watrbouy

Watrbouy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    probably a stupid thing to suggest, but how about a seperate West league? guys from Canada/US west can sign up. do you have general numbers of how many west coast players there are? there are probably enough to form a few teams at least. then there are more guys to play in their own regions, and there isnt as much bitching about connection. personally, i get 20 on west, 70 on what i assume is central and 80 on east. like its been mentioned, ive grown to get used to it and had varying levels of success depending on the day. it is funny how a guy from QC or the East lose their shit when they have to play on anything more than a 25ms connection.

No Streaming Account
  9. Hypnxtiikz

Ratings:
    +28 / 5 / -2
    I would love an lg west league but the there isn’t a big enough of a player population to keep it competitive the skill gap on west is huge unless they let central guys play in it and East guys that don’t care about playing on west then maybe they can build big enough player base but it doesn’t seem like lg cares about west players so i doubt they would waste their time building a league for them.

No Streaming Account
  10. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    Love this post. Should be called "Come here to cry if you're one of the 12 west players in the community and feel like you wont be able to compete without a 80MS advantage."

• Dumb Dumb x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. bonwl

bonwl Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bonwl#9306
    Ratings:
    +956 / 37 / -74
    It's not about "not being able to compete without an 80ms advantage" it's about being forced to play with an 80 ms disadvantage. There's a huge difference between the 2.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Bonwl15
  12. SmearedPap

SmearedPap Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xdoughty8x#0
    Ratings:
    +391 / 34 / -48
    Your an idiot if you think that all west players even get to play on a west line. There was 3 west lines in the while NHL PSN. Meaning 18 west players out of probably hundreds of west players in the whole community in LG. It's players that don't want to play every game on central at 85-100 ping. Pretty much all of western Canada will be pushed to playing central servers. East guys will be on 35 and west guys on 85-100 and McDonald saying this is making things more fair for the player base is a joke. Only thing it's changing is there will never be west games unless you have 10-12 west games in a match which is like 1% of the time. So say goodbye to west. And hello to central server with even more ping for westies.

• Like Like x 2
    SmearedPap
  13. Born2skate_

Born2skate_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 3 / -6
    It’s not about west players, it’s about west lines. Do you guys see lines of 5 qc run into lines of 5 west on QC servers often in LG? I don’t. Having west players playing with central or east players doesn’t ruin the league. Maybe it isn’t nice for that person but atleast it doesn’t end up 14-0.

turmoilzzz
  14. Goofy_indian

Goofy_indian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 1 / -3
    the reason Nav is saying this is because the QC server which is northeast gives better connection for west players than central which I get 70 on, Qc for me is 45 and I’m central

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  15. bonwl

bonwl Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bonwl#9306
    Ratings:
    +956 / 37 / -74
    You're completely missing the point.

"Having west players playing with central or east players doesn't ruin the league"

It ruins the league experience for west players who's ONLY option now is to play on 80+ to 100+ ms. Every. Single. Game. LG is ruined for them. This isn't fair to them at all.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Bonwl15
  16. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    It only ruins west lines. Which should have never been a thing in the first place. PTP, Keeks, KingClutch and those guys on PSN never needed to send people to Mars to dominate. They adjusted and are still considered top players. They play with a small disadvantage, but all other 10-11 players on the ice are all somewhat balanced internet wise. Crazy how at works eh?

But you guys are crying about west lines. Especially losing the formula where you guys play all 27-28 games at a 80 MS advantage not for 1 guy, but 6 guys against 6 other guys at a huge disadvantage. One thing even the east coasters with Bell Fibe don't get (Cause yes it ain't just the QCs, most QCs actually get 18-32). So no nobody feels bad for the small minority you guys represent.

You wanna play with your west friends, play club. Play west wagers. You wanna play LG, play on the central server. Simple.

• Dumb Dumb x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Mugfxrd

Mugfxrd Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Discord:
    Mugfxrd#3022
    Ratings:
    +371 / 17 / -74
    All these west people bitching, but in all reality 90 PERCENT of the top teams that make it each season to the conf finals/do the best in the regular season/ have the top scorers (past-present) (diamond,senko,jensen,nav,jodach,etc)/ win most of the award etc.. Have a crazy west line that ruins the league for the rest of the top teams, go look at the scores of most of the west games.. 20-4, 14-0, 10-0, etc.. Yes there are alot of west guys who have to play on east servers, but if west wasn't so prevalent then most of the stanley cups won, awards won, records set and overall success in the league wouldn't be held by west players. The advantage is still huge looking at the big picture.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    MUGF0RD
  18. Hypnxtiikz

Ratings:
    +28 / 5 / -2
    I would love a central server if they had one but our reality was if we wanted to play on good ping was to have a west line we don’t care about the advantage we just want to play on decent ping if we had a true central server we wouldn’t bitch

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. bonwl

bonwl Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bonwl#9306
    Ratings:
    +956 / 37 / -74
    You named off some of the best players in the world, it's very easy to cherry pick. Also, PTP and Keeks aren't west.. they are central. I don't know what ping they get exactly but I'd imagine it's around 50-60, whereas west players will be getting 80-100 now.

The rest of the things you say are fair points, but it's a disadvantage for that east line maybe one time a season, often times 0 games a season. This is giving every single west player a disadvantage in 100% of their games. How can you not see how that's different?

And trust me I know all about Bell Fibe, I'm one of the guys with 4ms. But i'm also not selfish or stubborn and I can acknowledge how this is extremely unfair to a decent chunk of LGers. Sure, it's the "minority", but it's still a large chunk of players. This change negatively effects all LGers in the area's scribbled in red:
    upload_2020-8-24_22-49-16.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Bonwl15
  20. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    KingClutch, Senko and Diamond were all good players without the west. Now Senko and Diamond do be abusing the West, but they'd still be good players without it. The funniest part is all the CHL and AHL lifers mad af about this because their only reason to be in the N is that they're 500k players that grants Senko's and Diamond's of this world a HUGE advantage. Without the west host, these guys would never play with any of them. Their only purpose is internet based. Has nothing to do with skill. And I've had that confirmed by many of those "good" west players.

That's the issue. It's not skill based, strictly
    geographical. Where as nobody else but westies create teams based on internet lmao.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account