Bowling for Columbine...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Babolat, Aug 21, 2003.

1. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ya i have been enlightened also. Canada has a lot less of what i hate about america today. Instead of just shooting someone because they "got up in your grill" they go duke it out in the parking lot. Also their media doesnt try to promote the fear like the stations out here.

No Streaming Account
  2. The Phat Bandit

The Phat Bandit Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, first of good job Juan on watching that movie I told you it was good.

I have seen this movie about 5 times and everytime i watch it there is something that I catch new every time. I agree with Micheal Moore on everything that he says and in my opinion I think that FEAR is what drives us to kill people and FEAR is what makes us buy guns. In the movie it actually says that in Canada they have more guns then in America but yet they dont have anywhere near the number of deaths by guns each year. If you ask anyone in the world they would tell you that they feel protected if they have a gun, I have to admit that I would to. But the question is why do we feel more protected with a gun? Because we know if the other person knows that we have a gun then they will not try anything on you or if they do then you can end it by ending his life. That right there is an example of the FEAR that we live in. Why would you FEAR some random person coming up to you and trying to mug you or kill you for no reason? Well, in some cases they would kill you if they were in a gang or something and you are wearing the color of another gang or enemy of theirs, but why would they kill you? Because they FEAR that you might hurt them becasue you are their enemy. The fact is that people FEAR other people because they think they are going to hurt or kill them. Now, what creates that FEAR? I do agree that the media has something to do with it, because they show killings and they tell negative news that makes you see that people are evil and they kill when they feel like they are being attacked. So that you makes you FEAR going outside at night because of the guy that you saw on the news killing someone else, so you have a gun just in case (worst case scenario) but you are basically in FEAR that YOU will be attacked. I do believe that what media shows on the news has to do with FEAR and that "Today two gunman robbed a bank and left two wounded." Ok, people that watch that are like "Oh my God, that was only five blocks away!". So they go and buy a gun just in case they are in that bank and it happens again, why? because they FEAR that if they are in that position they can defend themselves. I do not think it has to do with violent video games because, like in the movie, in japan there are like soo few killings and thats where those violent games are made, and thats like the capital of video games. I just think that if the media and people didnt create soo much FEAR then we wouldnt have anything to FEAR.

So thats what i think about that and as for the president and why the 2 boys did what the did at Columbine. I would have to refer you to the part of the movie when Mike was talking to Marilyn Manson. I agree with everything he says and the answer he gave to Micheal was as real as it gets. I love this movie, it totally changed the way I view America as a violent nation and what FEAR makes us do. For anyone that wants to think I recommend this movie to you.

Now one thing you guys must FEAR is................... The Phat Bandit :twisted:

No Streaming Account
  3. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL, I dont know if I would or not but there wouldnt be much to fear, cuz Canadiens arent killers.

No Streaming Account