Collusion Detection

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by TIN045, Dec 16, 2013.

1. GOW LIKE A BOSS

GOW LIKE A BOSS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Even if telling someone else not to scout is tampering, which it isn't, it should be allowed. Don't know about LG, but the VHL freaked out about tampering WAY too much. I mean if you even asked a player not on your team what their availability was, BOOM suddenly you were tampering. As if you'd trade for a player you didn't know was playing or not. Managers are always trying to screw each other over. "Player tampering" is often the only way you can even tell if you're getting a fair deal. Trading for a player based on their reputation alone is really risky.

If the owner really intends to bid on a player and wants to keep their bid low, they should feel free to tell the player whatever they want. The player is free to believe them or disbelieve them as they see fit. Other owners have no right to scout players who choose not to scout for them, nor should they. So if a player decides not to scout with team B because team A told him not to, then that's that. Team B's owner can't start whining that he really wanted to scout the guy and now he can't.

To settle the IRL vs. not-IRL issue, if the owner breaks faith, and chooses not to bid on the player, even though the owner told the player he would bid on him, and the player did not scout with any other teams as a result of that owner's request, then if you want to be real about it then it's a broken contract and the owner could be sued in court. The owner of a virtual team could be sued by a player in the virtual league IRL, for things happening solely on this virtual space. Since there aren't any real damages the player wouldn't win anything beyond like $1 in nominal damages, but the player would win and the owner would lose. So if you want to talk about IRL or not, there's nothing shady about the owner making the commitment to bid and the request not to scout for anyone else. The only thing that's shady (for which the owner could be sued in real life over this video game if the player chose to do so) is if the owner does all that then breaks faith and doesn't bid on the player, even after the player refused to scout for anyone else. It's all IRL.

No Streaming Account
  2. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    lol, wow

I think the concept and the point you are trying to make is right on...but boy are you way out in right field with any of your comparisons.

3. George l51l

George l51l Maple Leafs Owner

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    We should be aloud to tell players who DO NOT sign up for scouting, and take another players position who have signed up for it. That they are not aloud to participate in scouting games as well as future games with the team.

No Streaming Account
  4. P4ttelite

P4ttelite Well-Known Member

Discord:
    P4ttelite#8770
    Ratings:
    +2,051 / 230 / -350
    The owners that where chosen to do the job should not tell any players that they will pick them up in bidding keep it to them self simple has that put a role on that any management telling a player they will pick them up in bidding should get remove of ownership with proof but the scouting situation is up to the players to scout for who they want you cant force people to scout for every owner and it the job of every owner to know every players in the league all 30 owner where chosen because of that if some owners know no one they should get remove of the job.

xspezzal19lx
  5. GOW LIKE A BOSS

GOW LIKE A BOSS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    If by "my comparisons" you're talking about the other stuff I complain about being labeled "tampering" then I have to disagree with you. The tampering label is overbroad, and serves no purpose. The only stuff that actually might cause real problems is if one manager tells another manager's player to refuse to play for the team he's on, so his manager will be more likely to trade him. And there's a solution for that called a blacklist. Don't need tampering rules to prevent the only tampering that causes problems.

No Streaming Account
  6. Perrilyzer1

Perrilyzer1 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Perrilyzer1#2915
    Ratings:
    +600 / 16 / -19
    IMO its up to the player to scout in order to make sure he gets picked up. If a player scouts with 1 team and impresses enough for management to say "dont scout anywhere else we'll get you," then its up to him to listen or not. He's taking a huge chance that the owner may not actually end up bidding on him.

No Streaming Account
  7. THE IRON STUB

THE IRON STUB Playmaking Professional

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    the issue is not with the owners/management telling the player not to scout anymore, that's them trying to find gems instead of spending 5 mil per player. the problem is with how the player takes it...they could do one of two things once he stops scouting all based on mindset...

1) goes to a different team than the one he has been talking to and says screw this team requests a trade

2) goes to a different team than the one he has been talking to and stays there and plays there because he realizes that he was fair game in bidding and knows that just cause one owner wanted him that it doesn't mean his season is over if he doesn't go there

honestly its all players mindsets and it has nothing to do with the management saying don't scout...so if you want to enforce it then blacklist all the players that request a trade and all the assholes in the league but that's just 75% of the league...its like ive seen some stupid posts but some of the ones saying that this is unfair...my god

No Streaming Account
  8. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    i lernt a new word!

No Streaming Account
  9. Powdah P

Powdah P Hey Mom!!

Discord:
    Powdah P#2083
    Ratings:
    +501 / 0 / -0
    I'm new here first post etc.

This is how I heard of your league was in a lobby game there were some individuals recruiting and then instructing them not to scout, last time I played in a league(NHL12) scouting games were the most fun and well rounded. I hope the trend doesn't continue and the league can thrive.

No Streaming Account
  10. Hainers

Hainers Thad Castle

Ratings:
    +344 / 25 / -16
    Lets make a thread about banning tea bagging, I liked that one more than this one! 3/10

xOshie74x
  11. LIVE Jordan

LIVE Jordan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    LIVE Jordan#5415
    Ratings:
    +183 / 18 / -10
    I wish and owner would tell me not to scout with other teams......

Now Fighting
    No Streaming Account
  12. Boz E Coyote

Boz E Coyote The Worst

Discord:
    bozzzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +2,296 / 33 / -46
    take up goalie again

semi-srs

13. Pure Pone

Pure Pone REALEST MAN

Discord:
    purepone#0
    Ratings:
    +409 / 1 / -7
    This could be one of the more comical threads I've ever read on either LA or here...

Are we really talking about collusion in a virtual hockey league??

Boany found what he thought was a solid player that could help him on the cheap. Dude can say whatever he wants to the player, but it doesn't mean the player has to listen at all. If the player wants to listen, then he has to hope from now until bidding that Boany doesn't have the same thought of a new player he may find in scouting.

Pretty simple: Virtual hockey league, fake dough, fake contracts.

The only possible aspect I see with this word collusion is when players are all of a sudden not available often to play their games and demand a trade, and no that's not collusion, but it would be the closest thing to it being a player already has that dope virtual contract.

No Streaming Account
  14. TINO45CAL

TINO45CAL Warning Group

Discord:
    jfmartineau#0
    Ratings:
    +4,310 / 63 / -145
    Alot of you say "its just a virtual league" , I understand every management team is trying to ice the most competitive team out there. But we are actually contacting other human beings when we send messages to them . ( unless you message lan )

What im really trying to say, if you want to be one of the dirty ones ( reason we live in a effed up world ) at least make sure people dont know about it ... basically GG @ STFU. I have swept too many things under my personal rug. The snitching will continue, imo for the good of the league.

Remember , human aspect , be good dont be hood.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    tino45
  15. F5 Penguin

F5 Penguin #NoFilter

Ratings:
    +1,222 / 4 / -22
    Under the logic of this being a "virtual league" and "not real" then why bother with media, the constitution, the site, the forums or the countless MONTHS of effort people put in to make this fake shit work? This isn't a slippery slope fallacy, it's reality; there's lots of moving parts and one bad thing can ruin a league. Better to put it out in the open and get ONE more person to stand up to change it than to let the stupid things that ruin leagues continue on.

f5penguin
  16. ClarkesKids

ClarkesKids #6 LD/RD - Clarke

Discord:
    ClarkesKids#7109
    Ratings:
    +433 / 0 / -2
    Telling a player not to scout isn't the problem, its saying i will get you if you don't and then not picking them up, that's the only issue I see.

No Streaming Account
  17. B00GAARD

B00GAARD - TK

Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
    Brand new league with same people. A leopard can't change it's spots.

xB00GAARD
  18. helokityprinces

helokityprinces Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

No Streaming Account
  19. Audacity81

Audacity81 Official Dick Pick Provider of LG

Discord:
    audacity81#0
    Ratings:
    +2,430 / 157 / -263
    No Streaming Account
  20. I Beat Up Cakes

I Beat Up Cakes Coach Cakes

Ratings:
    +2,550 / 108 / -133
    get out there and find your gem, not sit here and waste "time" snitching on people, get over that the gems are trying to be hidden, id rather go for 1m than 3m, it helps the team be able to put more money out for the better players, its how its always been.

Its_cakes