EASHL servers vs. Lobby servers

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by dleague17, Dec 11, 2013.

?

Should LG switch to club servers?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yevtyy

yevtyy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I like the idea, tired of lagging every game i play and can't do much since its about a two second delay each time.

No Streaming Account
  2. Nemzer 89

Nemzer 89 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +185 / 0 / -0
    Never gonna happen here.

No Streaming Account
  3. officialmark07

officialmark07 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,854 / 33 / -93
    I think it should be in lounges because club benefits good players because there is less lag. Where is the parity?

No Streaming Account
  4. Baghdelii

Baghdelii Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Baghdelii#5074
    Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -2
    This is a topic worth revisiting, now more than ever. I believe the majority of players on here will attest to the fact that these 6's leagues have taken precedence over club. Very few people actually care about their precious club stats anymore. If the league decided to move to club, I can definitely see a majority of those players giving that up to play anyway.

There are positives and negatives associated with either arrangement. In my opinion, the positives highly outweigh the negatives when it comes to moving to club. It's not that hard to set up a club for each league team and arrange club hops accordingly. It will require some work, no doubt about that. That said, the benefits will be more than worth it.

No Streaming Account
  5. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    As Oshie pointed out, if this is something serious to think about doing alternate rules could also be made.

- Use of clubs for league games
    - If there is a situation that prevents it, a lobby in lounges would be used as back up.

Think and write it out, don't have to wait til game time to make up a back up plan.

6. o TheRedViper o

o TheRedViper o Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 1 / -1
    Could also stagger the lobbies. Something like a Western Conference home team puts up a lobby in Lounges, and an Eastern Conference home team puts theirs up in Geography. Would theoretically split the amount of games in each lobby just about in half (unless one conference had all home games in a given night).

No Streaming Account
  7. x SMP 7 x

x SMP 7 x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,300 / 4 / -2
    Once again, we are having an "in an ideal world" situation. Let's play out this scenario:

It's 8:55. A player is on his way home from work. He gets stuck in traffic. He texts you he can't make it for the 9. It's now 8:58. You need an ECU. You hit up 1 or 2 guys from the AHL, and both don't want to leave their club. All of a sudden, it's 9:03. You now have to, hypothetically, message the other owner that a room needs made because your AHL guys won't leave their club. He is appearing busy and doesn't see your message. It's 9:05, and the other team is calling a forfeit. Then we have a huge dispute.

I'd love to play in club. However, because of situations like this, it is a really stupid idea and I'll rage if we implement it.

No Streaming Account
  8. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,041 / 113 / -854
    This idea has been beaten to death. This is something that doesn't need to be changed.

Closed

LeagueGamingOfficial
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.