Getting that 420 on?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Marauders, May 7, 2010.

1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Neither of us are scientists, but lets be honest. Any time you inject a substance that alters your conscious state, that has to be a bad thing (including Alcohol into that statement as well)

2. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    And habs suck

3. Habsolute

Habsolute SupaStar!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    But of course, you'll just dismiss this and call it bull****...

So here's another article...

Last edited: May 19, 2010
    No Streaming Account
  4. Habsolute

Habsolute SupaStar!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    then that must mean the Leafs blow? How's the golf course?

No Streaming Account
  5. whatsUPitsFARVA

whatsUPitsFARVA Katy Perry. NEW HOTNESS!

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Studies on anything are useless. For every study that shows they are more harmful, there will be another study that shows the opposite.

There is no way in hell I can believe that normal cigarettes are less harmful that normal pot. The amount of **** they add to cigarettes is staggering.

*Insert random Lewis Black health joke*(Lewis Black so probably NWS)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNGWn-aWn5g

No Streaming Account
  6. Habsolute

Habsolute SupaStar!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So Gerbox wants proof, how can you get proof if studies are all wrong?

No Streaming Account
  7. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Great, shot an 86 today!

8. Habsolute

Habsolute SupaStar!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not really fair that the Leafs and their fans get more practice and an earlier start than us Habs fans...

No Streaming Account
  9. o La Vie o

o La Vie o Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll comment on the gateway drug discussion.

I don't smoke pot, but i agree with gerbox. The personality traits of the people that try harder drugs are the type of people that would try them if Pot didn't exist on planet earth.

It would be *omit pot* and enter *new drug*. They are gonna try heroin or coke regardless.

I can't smoke pot, I have a sensitivity to it I really wish I could cause i'd smoke that ****.

My sensititivy is I get reeeeaaaaalllllly paranoid and randomly freak out haha. Ever heard of this gerbox? fix me :( I wanna smoke.

No Streaming Account
  10. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It wasn't just towards you.

I'm just saying that all he has to do is google 'marijuana smoke less toxic than cigarettes?' and he will get 100 studies saying the opposite.

The more we find out about shiit, the less we know.

No Streaming Account
  11. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    I've said this to my hab fans in real life and i'll say it here.

I'm happy with the direction the leafs are going in. I like the signings of Kessel and Dion. I think its a smart idea to build your offense around a young skater like Phil and your defense around the tough strong player like Dion. I think in a few years we will be a contender. But to get there you gotta throw in a few seasons.

In Montreals case, even despite the unreal success they are having in the playoffs, What's the point? They snuck into the playoffs on the last day by a single point. Although some say its always better to make the playoffs then not, i dont see why it's a good thing to be the 7th or 8th seed because its very unlikely to have much success. Granted this year is different, but the odds are stacked against you.

We know we are rebuilding and finally doing it the right way. What is Montreal doing? What's their 5 year plan? To keep making it in as a low seed and to get steller goal tending to beat the best teams? I think Ottawa is in the same boat, they are just mid-level teams and their best days are behind them for the time being

12. Habsolute

Habsolute SupaStar!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So why believe cigarettes cause cancer? People may be predestined to have cancer anyways, who says cigarettes cause it? I mean if studies are wrong?

No Streaming Account
  13. Habsolute

Habsolute SupaStar!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Leafs have been rebuilding since '67 and everytime they start over they think they finally got the right mix so I find it hard to believe this one is finally it...

The Habs did only make it in as an 8th seed but were hampered all season by injuries to their big players like Gionta, Cammalleri and Markov and "probably" would of finished a lot higher had they been healthier. Doesn't help losing your All Star defenseman first game of the season and having him gone for half the year.

In my opinion our 5 year plan looks really good, we have our big guns all signed for at least 5 years so no worries about that...

No Streaming Account
  14. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What you say here is kind of true. There are people that smoked 3 packs a day their whole life since they were 14 and never had anything wrong. A man/woman that never smokes can also get the same cancer. I think there are/aren't things in peoples genes that can make them more susceptible to certain diseases.

Cigarettes have shown to be helpful in tourettes patients and people with other neurological disorders.

One study says they are harmful and to not use them, another finds a reason to. The more we know, the less we know.

Side note: Marijuana has also been shown to reduce the tics and uncontrollable body movement in tourettes patients and people with cerebral palsy.

No Streaming Account
  15. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Come on, even you don't believe that. Pre-cap we were always in the top 3 in salaries spent. Heck i remember trade deadline day was basically like Christmas. So many last minute trades to get players like Francises Leetch ect. But to get those players we always traded away draft picks. You can't do that anymore. I think JFJ's tender here was a wash and did more harm then help, so we've "officially" been rebuilding since Burke took over a year and a half ago.

16. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Back in the late 1800's, you could go to the general store and buy marijuana, cocaine and heroin over the counter and there was no problem with people freaking out over it. I think that doing these things are not good for your body, but most start doing it because it is illegal. My personal opinion on this is that if you make it legal, the crime surrounding it will decrease and there will be less people doing it in 10 years than are doing it now. We saw with prohibition on alcohol in the 20's and what it did. There was ton of bloodshed in the streets over alcohol. When it became legal again, most of all that went away.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2010
  17. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Agree with that. It's the thrill of doing something you are not supposed to be doing.

My drinking decreased once I turned 21(after that first month).

No Streaming Account
  18. Gerbox 360

Gerbox 360 Gerbox is so 2009

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will infact call it bull****. I knew that was the sudy you we're talking about. I'm at work right now and don't want to get fired proving you wrong so it'll have to wait.

As it relates to the DEA. Yeah, no. They aren't allowed to be taken seriously.

No Streaming Account
  19. Gerbox 360

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you can find ONE case of lung cancer caused by marijuana I will drive to your house and fellate you...
    Done looking? Couldn't find anything. Cuz it's never happened. But but but, the DEA says its bad and has 400 chemicals. And those are my police brethren.

EVERYTHING HAS CHEMICALS. We are made of chemicals. Weed doesn't have embalming fluid in it. It doesn't have benzene, or CYANIDE in it.

No Streaming Account
  20. Gerbox 360

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So food HAS to be a bad thing?

No Streaming Account