Keeping Track of Forfeits

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by NugeTV, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    No thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  2. TH3 WID0WMAK3R

TH3 WID0WMAK3R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +505 / 20 / -14

do you plan on putting one up before the next pro series?

No Streaming Account
  3. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    No, not in regards to format

4. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    Im open to ideas on how to make the scheduled format work, I'm open to ideas for tiebreakers, and Im open to ideas to changing roster size or allowing more roster swaps. I'm not open to going back to a system that isnt competitive.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Hannah7Banana22

Hannah7Banana22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,417 / 191 / -360
    i like velvet's idea except the less $$$ part. At that point why wager at all? Keep it the same or make it more. I'd rather bet gobstoppers than $5

No Streaming Account
  6. BKGuapo

BKGuapo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bkguapo#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 73 / -57
    This thread spun way outta control, what happened to just trying improve going forward for next ps with input from people on how we can tweak the scheduled system, Every league is scheduled so you would think the most competitive one should be too.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. BKGuapo

BKGuapo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bkguapo#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 73 / -57
    i still think we should go to a lghl style schedule with set game times sunday-weds at 11 i think that would fix alot of the issues

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    Why is that better than having a schedule tailored to a team that they know at the start of the season, your whole team can put the schedule into their phone, write it on a calendar, etc. and know when they play.

9. Bane Dont Care

Bane Dont Care Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +321 / 14 / -16
    I'm just here for the gangbang

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. BALLZY15

BALLZY15 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Ballzy#3685
    Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -5
    Alright as most people know I am pretty outspoken, I agree with many different people on different subjects regarding this game. I think @NugeTV or whomever runs this thing has lost sight in what this league is all about,...... To play more competitive sixes games. The EASHL community was dying and this idea from Nuge originally was a way to resolve this. At the end of the day NHL is only a video game. We play because its fun and we like to play. SO THEN WHY REGULATE THE AMOUNT OF GAMES? Some guys want scheduled games to up the popularity of their stream and become "famous", well news flash we played in the first all because we want to play. Out with the schedule and back to the old format. Play as much as you like!!! Not only would this increase the skill of sixes teams (because they play more often), but teams are able to play at their own discretion. I applaud Nuge for getting this all together with other members, but I am afraid we are losing the REAL reason why the Pro Series league was started in the first place.

These leagues should appeal to the majority and I have a pretty big hunch this scheduling system is not appealing to that. I am not trying to rustle any feathers here just stating an opinion. I want to help grow the popularity of EASHL and Pro Series, not hinder it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. MattMurr

MattMurr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 3 / -3
    From the opinion of a player on one of the better clubs in the game, this new format is 10x more FUN for me personally than the old format. The games are WAY more COMPETITIVE because every game MATTERS. I really don't see the difference between playing regular club or pro series if the games DON'T mean anything. It makes it a lot more less competitive if its just a free for all. Even though our team is pretty much locked into a playoff spot, it still makes it fun to see the battle thats going on between the rest of the teams to try to make it into the playoffs. You wouldn't really have that to the effect we do now if it was unlimited games. Our team used to take forfeit losses (to match up with Nuge and the boys) because we didn't give a shit about the regular season because it was a joke.

The only reason people are bitching in this thread is because they are so incompetent that they can't remind themselves they have some games to play. If you want to play at your own leisure and not have scheduled games then play CLUB.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. JimmyGx89

JimmyGx89 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jimmygx89#0
    Ratings:
    +58 / 2 / -2
    Matt's post is on point. Every game means so much more. If you failed to get your teams availability down, you need to work on that. If you can't find the time to play, you need to step aside. It's not outrageous. We can reschedule games as much as we want. I can say this too, the teams are understanding and work it out and get the games in. Every team we've contacted about moving up or back games didn't pitch a fit because we couldn't make it. We worked it out and found time for the games.

If you cant manage and get availability of people you talk to on a nightly basis, for the most part, that's pretty piss poor.

I don't think the actual schedule itself was great, our times are really late, but that issue is more with the game and lag outs or captain lag causing games to leak into past 2AM. We'll adjust for the next pro series and anyone else with these types of issues should too.

• Like Like x 2
    JimmyGx89
  13. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    The league is about playing competitive 6s games, the previous pro series was about playing fuck around 6s games until the playoffs. It also relied heavily on teams to choose to be active, in NHL 16 with captain lag I find it hard to believe teams would be as active as they were in NHL 14 and 15. Teams wouldnt be playing 100 games per season even while losing which your teams were so good at in the past.

You're fucking welcome for saving the community, thanks for repaying me by not trusting me to improve upon something we already started, I clearly havent proven that I have any vision for the future with what I started.

You can play club whenever you want, you get 6 people in the dressing room and search for a game. This has absolutely nothing to do with individual people getting famous and everything to do with promoting the actual league to being bigger than it was, which so far is actually working despite peoples best efforts to make it fail.

I dont give a shit about your fucking hunches. Your post was so off base it required this response. I've explained the reasoning for the schedule 100s of times, the competitive teams that actually show up to games appear to enjoy it, the viewership of streams has increased, and the forfeiting teams will learn their lessons going forwards and if they wish to play again they'll figure out their availability in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tyy

Tyy McDonalds Frying Pan

Ratings:
    +1,528 / 6 / -15
    So Christian Mingle won't answer me for a reschedule and we play tonight at midnight. Are these guys just taking forfeits or what?

15. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    Those guys are done for the tournament, I may just move all their games to January 6th and have them be 1-0 wins, although games they already played will stay the same.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    I had a team volunteer to step into their spot, but not sure how teams would feel about 5 teams getting free forfeit wins, a bunch of others getting free wins because that team sucked, but then having to face a team that might be significantly more competent. My first instinct is to cut our losses, kick CM and just worry about the 19 remaining teams.

17. ReplayChr1s

ReplayChr1s Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +784 / 12 / -37
    For the integrity of the league please do not replace a team with another.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. Fr33kOnTheStix

Fr33kOnTheStix borkborkbork

Ratings:
    +726 / 8 / -21
    >EA killed community
    >Nuge Pro Series "Saved Community"
    >Nuge made the game
    >EA/Game ruined community
    >Nuge = EA = Game
    >Nuge Pro Series "Saved Community"

Sounds like you're about even.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  19. JimmyGx89

Discord:
    jimmygx89#0
    Ratings:
    +58 / 2 / -2
    Florida's finest is not in the list of teams right now. Taking the forfeit at this time.

JimmyGx89
  20. JimmyGx89

Discord:
    jimmygx89#0
    Ratings:
    +58 / 2 / -2
    12:35 with no contact with FF, taking 2nd game as forfeit

JimmyGx89