OFFICIAL League Address; Second Tag Issues from S28(X1) and S6(PS4)

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by LG-McDonald, Dec 14, 2017.

1. VerbalCheatcode

VerbalCheatcode Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Verbalcheatcode#7882
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -3
    I say make it 50-100 for a ban buyout

verbalcheatcode
  2. Tha Party Poopa

Tha Party Poopa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 2 / -7
    LOUD NOISES!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Advancedhuman

Advancedhuman Director of LG Fun Development

Ratings:
    +55 / 8 / -25
    The whole argument about the other team keeping their stats because their team didn’t cheat, in my eyes won’t work. Sure if your teams wins, you’ll want those points and see it as a punishment. But if your team got cleaned 8-3, I bet you don’t want that plus minus to count. Unless the site is planning on taking all the stats away from the team with the 2nd tagged and not the other so, in my example above although the game was 8-3 for the double tagging team, the site will make it 3-0 for the non cheating team. Otherwise I can’t see how this would work. It’s one of those all or nothing type deals. That’s my thought on it
    Advanced

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    advancedhuman
  4. BacKLuND x 22

BacKLuND x 22 FA RD #7

Ratings:
    +775 / 63 / -45
    I told you guys about Watman like 3 seasons ago, you just batted an eye

• Informative Informative x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    @PieR Talent also told them about Vargy and them in Florida because Gibby ratted them out and they batted an eye. Also batted an eye when some pretty harsh comments were made towards Pier from Draisaitl.

• Funny Funny x 2
    cross_x_check
  6. Mazzatti

Mazzatti Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 14 / -17
    We all know it's just a game but is serious because we devote time to it. That's time that we schedule out of our lives to try and have fun. It's a shame that hardly anybody reads or respects the rules. This season I watched an awful GM basically dismantle my team, anybody talented got traded or requested a trade. Most of the team was tc's by the last month and many have up on playing, no shows, forfeits, etc. Even the GM checked out with 2 weeks left. There's nothing more aggravating to me than to rush home to play my scheduled game and guys no show. This should be more strictly enforced. We all know emergencies happen, but with all the ways to communicate with your team it's inexcusable in my opinion to not show up and not say anything. I had the same thing happen to me as GM last season where guys went on vacation for a week in the summer and never told anybody. I think there should be harsher penalties for not signing up and not making games. Either that our loosen the amount of times ecu's can be used in a week. Something has to change there.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  7. MIKEHANCHO56

MIKEHANCHO56 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I dont like the rule on lag out games...(currently you play from the first period...of the next loaded game and lose the final minute of the third period) lag out games should have the clock be run all the way down until the specific period the player...lagged out in...then team captains can agree themselves, about what minute in the specific lag out took place. From there the lagged player should take the penalty. Leaving any games should fall further victim to a team memeber lagging out...none of which lose out on the benefit of a FULL FINAL MINUTE PERIOD...

Just a thought,

Hanch

MIKEHANCHO56
  8. DC_Lumpy

DC_Lumpy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 6 / -8
    Even if the second tag was created in season two, the season six team gets punished... That's why I have a hard time coming to grips with the punishment. I personally was the goalie and lost quite a few wins from the games he played in. I didn't get any assists on his goals or score from a pass from him.
    Not sure how realistic it would be to do this, but could the punishment just be that you void any scoring plays he was a part of. And then you re tally the score and have that be the outcome of the games. It would give back his linemates points they got without him. And lessen the blow to he rest of the team that had nothing to do with him cheating

No Streaming Account
  9. CAPTAIN TURTL3

CAPTAIN TURTL3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 8 / -10
    If you think about it though, maybe more extreme ban buyouts would increase second taggers. If its $20 its reasonable to pay that to play LG. If its $100 it makes it more enticing to just create a 2nd tag to use for a few seasons. Same thing with a permi ban.

captain_turtl31
  10. SiIky Johnson

SiIky Johnson Player Hater of the Year

Ratings:
    +484 / 23 / -52
    make the 2nd tagging ban buyout a mandatory $500. see how many people cheat then.

• Winner Winner x 2
    silk_stalker
  11. ItsKingLyme

ItsKingLyme twitch.tv/itskinglyme

Discord:
    ItsKingLymeTTV#5441
    Ratings:
    +419 / 6 / -19
    who was CCM them?

ItsKingLyme
  12. CAPTAIN TURTL3

CAPTAIN TURTL3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 8 / -10
    I think that would just end up in 3rd and 4th tags....

• Winner Winner x 1
    captain_turtl31
  13. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Lazy pedestrian is right. We allow such a loophole for probably the 1% of players who somehow can not make NHL times that are 9-11.

The AHL no longer serves the purpose it is designed for. It is basically a completely separate league. Maybe the AHL should just become LGHL v2 because the current AHL sure as hell doesn't do what it's supposed to. I truly think the reason why people play AHL is because they want their friends and they want to win. Simple.

Not only that but add this up.

- Due to late sign ups. Half of the bidding pool is completely fucked because there is no competition. 3rd line guys hit 1st line prices.
    - AHL has preference on who ECUs for NHL. The NHL can't take who is available to ECU. They have to wait or put a random line in.
    - All these AHL resigns and multiyear contracts keep good players hidden in the AHL. Also creating super AHL teams( Which should never be a sentence).

I can almost guarantee if you get rid of these situations that the NHL would improve greatly. You would have better NHL teams and MGT. The NHL should come first. And if it doesn't then when will it? What is it going to take to convince you ?

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  14. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    - AHL has preference on who ECUs for NHL. The NHL can't take who is available to ECU. They have to wait or put a random line in.
    - All these AHL resigns and multiyear contracts keep good players hidden in the AHL. Also creating super AHL teams( Which should never be a sentence).

Those two points can be address via rule changes and improvements. I also don't believe in cannibalizing the AHL to slightly improve the NHL.

There are a fair share of AHL players whom prefer the mind set and community of the AHL over the NHL. Can you blame them at times? We have a lot of negativity in the NHL. I think the bad apples in the NHL have created the situation and lack of desire to play in the NHL many people have.

I've played in both the NHL and AHL, and I can see the differences. There are alot more clicks in the NHL and more egos that just don't appeal to a lot of players. Many will argue the game doesn't support a competitive environment either which has pushed away of of the more competitive and talented EASHL players whom normally would sign up to play at this tier.

Don't forget you were once a die hard AHL guy, I think a lot of what I am saying you can relate with.

I know myself personally I prefer the AHL times, the AHL community and being distanced from the NHL to ensure that when situations like FLA or TOR occur I am so disconnected from the results of those actions it doesn't leave any debate of bias or my own "personal" benefit for blowing those teams up.

What happens when we put a hard deadline up of NHL bidding or you fall to the CHL? You know guys will just say fuck it and play CHL over AHL... so your suggestion of hard deadline doesn't solve anything...

What I believe needs to occur is NHL managers need to scout AHL talent and encourage or recruit those players to come to the NHL bidding. Wags brought a handful of his AHL guys with him. So if you see a guy whom has had two or three seasons in the AHL that were good maybe reach out and see if he will come up. Or maybe we should just cut our losses and cut the NHL to a 12 team roster. So there isn't such a skill drop from line one and line three...

I do agree we have issues in the NHL, but I don't agree with your solutions to just force people into a situation they do not want to be in. Keep in mind right now we have a stable NHL, AHL and CHL. Why risk the middle tier being weakened or changed for such minor improvements? If the AHL players WOULD ACTUALLY sign up for NHL bidding IF forced to, then yes I would agree we'd see DRASTIC improvements. I just don't see forcing the way to do it. In my eyes we just do it slowly. We replace the scum bags and cheaters with the top AHL guys. Bring in the 4th lines, Hilly's, etc to fill the voids we have in the NHL. Then those hopefully can turn into the Bakes, and Wags, whom can offer an experience the AHL guys are comfortable with at the NHL tier then we eliminate the cancers and hopefully regain that tier back for those who actually care.

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  15. a1xFREAKx13

a1xFREAKx13 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    a1xFREAKx13#5407
    Ratings:
    +1,168 / 18 / -72
    should have to serve the entire ban be4 coming back maybe they will have more respect for the league, caught again should be auto lifetime ban, yes it sucks losing some elite players but there will always be more elites coming through the ranks..

@Lazy Pedestrian ilike the auto resignup idea just have a button on the signup page where players who choose not to resignup can just uncheck it and not be forced to signup, then no one can say shit i forgot..

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    You are exactly right. I was one of those AHL guys I am advocating against right now. I know exactly what they are feeling and exactly what they are doing. The fear in this entire league is bidding. Not ever knowing where you are going or what is going to happen. Perhaps the whole reason egos are such a main presence is because alot of the good dudes are in the AHL? Im not saying we should gut the AHL but at the same time we need to make it undesirable to play in the AHL. NHL comes first and everything will fall into place.

We need an overall better a relationship between the owners and players.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Choco Brown6890

Choco Brown6890 A little Chocolate?

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    to be honest... buying out bans is great for money for the site... maybe have it as once you receive a ban you are banned from the NHL altogther whether you buyout or not...

This way the top league is cheater free

No Streaming Account
  18. VerbalCheatcode

VerbalCheatcode Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Verbalcheatcode#7882
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -3
    See I’m all for making cheaters pay but again it should go
    Gone forever. Like if you’re borrowing daddy’s wallet of TWO HUNDRED FUCKING DOLLARS.
    Fuck outta here with that shit

verbalcheatcode
  19. K11LA K

K11LA K The Golden Bull

Discord:
    k11la_k#0
    Ratings:
    +1,399 / 101 / -76
    Think you should start using some of that ban money you get to create a prize pool. Offer a monetary incentive to people who know about second tagging to out the people breaking rules. Sometimes a little motivation can go a long way.

• Like Like x 1
    K11LA_K_915
  20. Pure Pone

Pure Pone REALEST MAN

Discord:
    purepone#0
    Ratings:
    +409 / 1 / -7
    And then you would just have people rat out one guy, get paid, and then they 2nd tag and then say oh well, got my monies worth.

Problem with the league is it is way over saturated. Been saying it for years. The CHL is a borderline shit show, the AHL doesn't have its true purpose, and the majority of the NHL is corrupt/kids who come on here just to troll and not really use the site for its true intention(s).

I am probably one of the most honest and easiest going guys in the league, and have been around for a very long time. All you read and see is how something is messed up with the league and how it is just not running correctly because people just want to come on here to abuse the fun that it is supposed to be, and each season (forget the NHL series itself,) its getting worse and worse.

I am sure I am in a higher percentile when you have more guys like me who are going to consider retiring because at this point coming on to play in the league is more of a hassle than it is fun.

No Streaming Account