*Please Vote*Potential Season 7 Idea : LG Players Association Implementation

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by John_SheIdon, Dec 21, 2017.

?

Do you want to see an implementation of a LGPA (League Gaming Players Association)?

1. Yes, I want to see an implementation of a LGPA as communication between

2. No, I Don't see the need.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. John_SheIdon

John_SheIdon Well-Known Member

Discord:
    John Sheldon#9411
    Ratings:
    +849 / 9 / -28
    Good Evening

@LG McDonald @Man-Bear-Pig @PlusSizePounder @Tris10

In regards to recent events that has caused some of the community members of LG to question the confidence among some of the staff. I would like to introduce a plan of action that could potentially unite the majority of the league members closer then what we already are today. @Tcx7 has brought up some very valid conversations among the LG Shout box in regards to decision making among the LG community by staff. @Tcx7 is not the only community member that has brought up some concerns but he has been the only one I personally have been able to communicate with constructively to figure out what everyone's displeasure is with current events.

I along with others I am sure would like to propose the introduction of either a LG Players Association (That once was within the LG ranks as I remember @PlusSizePounder informing me once about). I know that it was also once in the LG Rules under "League Structure" but I am not sure what happened to it. Now I understand that the Players Association would involve the following:

"Members of each LG club would elect a Club Player Representative and an Alternative Club Player Representative. Each Club Player Representative serves as a voting member of the LGPA Executive Board. The Executive Director also sits on the Executive Board as a non-voting member".

I would like to put a poll out in regards to this & potentially have a further discussion on the matter that is constructive to the league's progression moving forward. I think it would be the right time to implement a LGPA & Have a way of communication among the players in the league when situations occur that leave a lot of people in the dark. I understand that not everything is to made public but having individuals briefed on how certain rulings came to be I think would build a stronger bond with the staff & players a like.

The PSN LG community would like to have a discussion with this matter & some feel it will be immediately "Shot down" or "Pushed to the side" but I think we could potentially come to some agreement that communication between the league & it's players could improve. The BOG's have a lot already on their plate & some community members could be proactive with improving communications if given a chance.

Please post below with CONSTRUCTIVE comments that could help better put together a potential form of communication between the staff & players or a LGPA in a whole.

Thank you for your time & I am looking forward on hearing back from you all! ​

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    John_SheIdon
  2. radicalapex

radicalapex Well-Known Member

Discord:
    radapex#2090
    Ratings:
    +624 / 5 / -18
    In other words, do what the owners already do in discussing and voting on changes to the league? I don't recall there ever being a PA on PSN, so my guess would be that it was absorbed into the roles of owners on Xbox prior to the league branching out onto Playstation.

• Useful Useful x 1
    radapex
  3. John_SheIdon

Discord:
    John Sheldon#9411
    Ratings:
    +849 / 9 / -28
    @radicalapex

Yes & No

Yes - It would be along the lines of what is already there. Posting in a forum thread that @LG McDonald puts out & ask for certain potential changes.

No - It would involve a member or members to be part of meetings in regards to final decisions on certain rulings potentially either it be voice chat or a reason why & how a certain ruling came about so that the rest of the league is informed on the matter. Just to keep the community up to date on how they came to that decision. With the understanding that most might not like the ruling it is still important that the information & material gets out there to a certain extent. ​

John_SheIdon
  4. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    Can't even have enough guys suited for ownership or bogs that actually do shit yet you're asking for more people suitable to fill roles that we don't have the manpower for.

• Winner Winner x 1
    zChieef
  5. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    An LGPA wont work with the current staff here. You're adding another layer between the site staff and community. Not only that you're giving players meaningless titles just to give them the illusion that they matter. At the end of the day no matter what people vote the site staff will still do what they want, because our opinion doesn't matter and we're all replaceable according to them. I get you're trying to help John, but this just comes off as you more so protecting the league instead of the people that make this league go. We need the right people in place at the top, that starts with a red name and commissioner(s) that care.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  6. SelkeSean

SelkeSean Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SelkeSean#4027
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 41 / -70
    This is basically what the Owners are, so this would seem unnecessary. The problem is incompetent people like Hadji and MBP being in positions of power in the first place. Then giving out positions of power to people like Dekar.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    2wayhockey
  7. Zamne

Zamne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,169 / 43 / -56
    Good write-up John, I agree with most points you stated and think it is a great idea.​

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. SilKyy_97

SilKyy_97 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    _silkyy97#0
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 56 / -154
    We need @NoSleeves12 for this position. The guy is a perfect example of representing the people and having great hair.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    silkynsmarshshow
  9. Illyfilly

Illyfilly Brenty Gee

Ratings:
    +398 / 89 / -196
    I think it’s a little unfair to say Hadji and MBP do a shitty job. They do the job that no one wants to do. Someone has to draw a line and do what needs to be done. If it’s not Hadji or MBP, it’s someone else dropping the hammer. The LGPA is a waste of more staff’s time. I could agree to say the league should vote/recommend players to become BOGs/Staff...not sure how we would go about doing that. Players in this league already have too much power as it is...there is no reason for the LGPA to exist.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  10. John_SheIdon

Discord:
    John Sheldon#9411
    Ratings:
    +849 / 9 / -28
    @xChief 27

Those roles would be filled by the owners of LG. It could also be voted on other individuals outside ownership as well but we need to start getting competent owners in the LG for this to start.

@Tcx7

After speaking with you & hearing your concerns, I feel as if there is no pleasing you unless all staff members are replaced. That won't happen & personally I think some situations are clouding your judgement in regards to the staff. There is ways to be proactive within the league & adding layers that SHOULD be there isn't masking the fact that communication & the thought of "Us in the community mean nothing" should change. I think with that kind of mentality won't bring change to the current situation Tcx7. I think that if you can see past the idea of me trying to "protect" the league & realize that I am trying to start a discussion on HOW we can work with the CURRENT staff that's in place instead of wanting to get rid of everyone because of a few situations that you might not agree with that were handled a certain way. I don't have a personal vendetta against anyone in staff & I feel as if you have a disagreement on some of the ones in there. I think we need to start by TRYING to work with the current staff & go from there.

@I2I-Way-Hockey

I agree it does start with management being competent but I don't think the current ownership is really involved as much as they could be to involving the staff. I think the ownership could have more of a say / presence within the league but again that goes towards having dedicated, competent owners but with time that will happen.

In regards to the comment made in relation to @Man-Bear-Pig & @PlusSizePounder. I think that form the outside you don't see how much work is being done by them but as far as being a BOG goes, they have been a key part in the flow of reports that the community doesn't see. Could the communication be a little better in regards to some situations?! Of course but I think it goes to say that w need to find a way to work WITH them then against them.

@Zam x 93

Thank you for showing your appreciation. Hopefully we all can make something work moving forward. We just need to be consistent & come up with LOGICAL ideas on how to.

@SilKyy_96

I agree that @NoSleeves12 could potentially represent the members of LG. I think there would be a lot of great candidates out there that could do the job. It's just the fact that we need to find the ones that want too. We have a lot of people who want to complain about some actions that are taken by the league but instead of being part of the solution we need to NOT be part of the problem.

@Illyfilly

The LGPA would NOT be a BOG position. It will be the players making it up. I do agree that having a league vote / recommendation involving who is chosen for BOG is a very good thing. Again this is NOTHING against the current new BOG's but a potential new avenue of choosing who it will be is a good idea for sure. ​

• Like Like x 1
    John_SheIdon
  11. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852

I want to give the Community a back story on the PA. Where it began, why it began, etc. Then I'll touch on some of your points @John_SheIdon

Way back in the VHL days there was issues where Management were found to have WAY too much power and it was being abused. Most of the abuse was ban related, or players not being scheduled to play, or harassed and cyber bullied. The PA actually originated and was found by @PlusSizePounder in VHL. Some of his ideas were what lead to a lot of major changes in our systems.

He was the guy who had the Trade Request added, and also had the removal system changed whereby managers had to provide proof to have players removed. We switched the system to have the burden of proof to be on our managers. Excellent changes that I believe changed how our systems needed to operate to grow and become better.

In the beginning the PA also review our ban appeals which at times lead to conflicts between staff and the PA. After reviewing our systems it was determined that the system was designed for our managers to submit proof, our BOG to review proof and determine if the ban was legit. Therefore 99% of the appeals were invalid because our managers were trained well enough to only file complaints with correct evidence and on players whom were deserving of the ban issued.

The system has evolved now that I don't address or hand ANY of the removal requests with the exception of second tag issues. All appeals come to me directly and I handle them case by case. It allows me to ask more specific questions and ensure the info provided in the appeals are legit. All info I gather is also confidential between the person appealing and I.

That changed our PA's role to a public education / suggestion committee. That is why I post mid season review threads, rule suggestion threads, future idea threads like I made in the CHL Forums.

Overtime the interest level went away and we adapted the PA's role.

Your idea of having team reps is good. That is what Hadji did to back in the day. The comments about "this is what the Owners are for" is true in my eyes as well. I go to them for ideas and such and I have an expectation they are feeding info back down towards the community as well.

If the community feels that isn't the case and we require a level below the managers whom have direct access to me for questions, and ideas and etc that could be an interesting committee to form. Keep in mind we have 120 teams, so do we need 120 reps? The logistics would be difficult I think. But having one or two League Reps that have access to staff and I to get community answers and be league ambassadors I don't truly see being a negative for our community.

I personally feel at times the PSN community doesn't utilize me as much as they could. I don't own a PS4 YET(@Tris10 ;) Merry Xmas!) but when i get one obviously I can be more accessible to the community. But I handle less than 1% of the Xbox league issues on Xbox. Everything is handled here on LG or via discord.

Communication is important! Obviously some of the community has opinions about how the league is being run, or how certain people, me included shouldn't be in these roles anymore. Therefore some better communication I believe could change some of these opinions and help put us in a better place.

Is that kind of what you are suggestion John? Of did you have a different idea?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  12. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    I tried to get involved with the PA back in VHL.

It turned out the entire job was to answer questions from newbie CHLers or clueless AHL/NHL players that the BOGs didn't want to deal with so they'd forward it to us.

You had 0 voice in player related issues and had 0 impact on anything related to the league.

If that's what's going to happen again, RIP.

• Informative Informative x 6
    LazyPedestrian
  13. NoSleeves12

NoSleeves12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,802 / 16 / -41
    I would Love to apply for the ambassador position, A PR role that bridges the gap between the community and the staff would go a long way in calming the explosive blow ups going forward.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    NoSleeves12
  14. John_SheIdon

Discord:
    John Sheldon#9411
    Ratings:
    +849 / 9 / -28
    @LG McDonald

I think that covers exactly what I was trying to get at. I would also like to apply along with @NoSleeves12 if it is open for discussion. I think that the communication between BOGs & LG Community members could be more clear. I have seen some of the answers given by BOG's & I know the discouragement by some to have BOG's talk to individuals within the community but I think having better communication on ALL levels would ensure that we can have better / healthier conversations about certain issues.

I don't think directly bothering you for certain questions would be needed as long as we get a clear answer out of BOG's that are present. Trust me I know how much work is needed when being a BOG & I understand if non are available at times.

A good majority of the league can't be satisfied all the time but when I hear members feeling like they are nothing compared to BOG's it is a little discouraging. I feel that when a member asks a question they should at least get a somewhat professional answer in regards.

Thank you for the feed back!​

• Winner Winner x 4
    John_SheIdon
  15. SelkeSean

SelkeSean Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SelkeSean#4027
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 41 / -70
    Yeah this is all nice. Good to see that you guys still use all these damage control posts to hide that fact that you don't have a fucking clue about what goes on in this league, nor do you know or care what the players want. But its cool, Rico will save us all from the atrocity that PSN is becoming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    2wayhockey
  16. Illyfilly

Illyfilly Brenty Gee

Ratings:
    +398 / 89 / -196
    ^ Cause a post like this is constructive....

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    Fire Hadji

• Funny Funny x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  18. John_SheIdon

Discord:
    John Sheldon#9411
    Ratings:
    +849 / 9 / -28
    @I2I-Way-Hockey

Unfortunately what @Illyfilly stated above is the truth. What you wrote is NOT constructive in any way other then doing the opposite of what I have been saying. We need to work together instead of against the staff. Having the attitude of the league is awful & the staff in it are awful will NOT solve anything. Stating that the owner of the LG doesn't know what the players want is somewhat of a silly assumption considering he is ALWAYS asking for opinions. @LG McDonald puts posts out informing us all what goes on within the LG community & asking for constructive conversations to be started over things but unfortunately we have negative answers attacking the efforts of staff that won't get us moving forward.

@xXLikeABOSSXx92

Ordering the replacement of a current staff member won't fix the immediate problem we have in regards to communication from Staff to Community. I understand your potential frustrations that might involve @PlusSizePounder but we should focus on how to build better relationships with our current staff & share ideas on how to better communications from the top down. It seems the majority feel left out or feel they have no say in what goes on. In some instances when it comes to the LG Rules being broke you don't really have a say. The Rules are in place for a reason so don't brake them or else you will be held accountable as one should be. We need to have constructive conversations when it comes down to the leagues progression. If we can't have those then how are you suppose to think the league will take other serious?! ​

• Winner Winner x 1
    John_SheIdon
  19. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    Tbh they have been saying lets try communication since i was 23 i am 25 now lol . Half the time do you ever see Hadji ever write anything in any PMs I question how lost he seems. Only his BOGs reply and half the time they make up rules as they go

• Like Like x 2
    TrooperPetterson
  20. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Damage control? What I wrote was exactly where the PA began and ended.

Then I was curious as to what John would like to accomplish with the new PA. Just wanted to ensure I understood where he felt the issues lie.

I don’t have a clue what goes on in a league that I helped build? What I don’t have a clue about is what your issue is? I’ve never heard anything from you. I’ve never seen a single message to me directly about what problems you have.

Now you think I don’t care and the league doesn’t care?

Please I am all ears what problems you see with the league and what you feel can be done to fix these problems.

• Like Like x 2
    LeagueGamingOfficial