Question

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by nosice, Aug 24, 2004.

1. burntCanunck

burntCanunck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i just finished a 7minute game on all madden with canehdian and i had 95 yds rushing.

the db's played better and it was better to have to use a whole playbook rather than the same 3 plays over and over in different formations.

the db's got smart to a play and started cutting routes off instead of letting the wr's go through constantly.

No Streaming Account
  2. burntCanunck

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i just finished a 7minute game on all madden with canehdian and i had 95 yds rushing.

the db's played better and it was better to have to use a whole playbook rather than the same 3 plays over and over in different formations.

the db's got smart to a play and started cutting routes off instead of letting the wr's go through constantly.

No Streaming Account
  3. t_roy

t_roy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Were you excited or did you just double post ;)

No Streaming Account
  4. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, that's good to hear, really good.

We'll have to get more people to test out All-Madden 7min then and report back.

As long as the running game still stays as a viable option, that sounds pretty good (anything to make kicking FG's harder is a welcome idea too).

No Streaming Account
  5. CanEHdian

CanEHdian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well that game was a joke for my team. One of those stupid games where everything goes the other way and nothing you do works at all. I think I had one play over 20 yards and the running game was no where to be found for me. I'll try all madden again sometime and put some effort into it and see what happens :laugh:

BTW the kicking was just as easy as it was on all pro. Burnt and I both hit from over 50 with ease so nothing really changed there.

So if everyone else can have good running games in all-madden then I guess it would be ok. But as of right now I still like all-pro just for those people who haven't played this game as much as most of us have. It'll give them more of a chance to get some offense going, I think the people who've played this more will be able to shut them down pretty easily on all-madden.

No Streaming Account
  6. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Texans barely can make some yards on allpro.. But like canehdian said... if eveybody else has good success that's cooll

No Streaming Account
  7. burntCanunck

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    double post was accidental.. sorry

all madden will keep people in check on the "same play" nonsense.

it's not that much of a different game and linemen and db's as i said i think play smarter.

we'll see where this goes but i'm for all madden.

No Streaming Account
  8. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was just playing King Kobra on All Madden, but we had to cut it short (his kid was sick).

Kicking game is identical to All Pro, no change at all. I made a pair of 50yd FG's.

Running game looked about the same. I was able to rip off a couple long ones when he didn't call a good defense, and when he did get a good defense in there I was stopped easily or had a modest 2yd gain. Very similar to AllPro.

Passing: The DB's seemed to be a bit smarter and WR's didn't catch quite as much thrown to them. It was way harder to throw the deep ball, even 1 on 1 wasn't automatic.

So far, it looks pretty good on All Madden, but we need way way more testing (from everyone... the noobs and veterans).

I'll try and get a game in with windless tonight or tomorrow on All Madden and see if we still have a close game (we were pretty tight on All Pro, although I had no answer for him on defense sometimes).

No Streaming Account
  9. King Kobra

King Kobra Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry about having to leave Jon. My 10 year old boy wasn't doing too good. Started puking and the wife was freaking out. Had to get some lab tests done so she is fairly nervous today just like myself. But I thought I may be able to sneak in a game while he was sleeping to calm the nerves.

Oh well back to the subject. The only thig I noticed was the defensive backs making some plays (wacking it down) that I have been able to get away with on All-Pro. Other that that I saw no difference. Wel,, there was more sacks. Not sure why that was? Jon even mentioned that we had alot of sacks. Maybe because we were blitzing alot. Who knows?

Maybe we can do another sometime tonight Jon It was a close one 6-3 your way right? 2nd quarter about 3 mins to go till half. We were really eating up the offensive stats. :D

But thats the kind of game I like. Keep it close play field position, and maybe squeak one out.

Thanks for understanding about the situation Jon.

No Streaming Account
  10. stljohnson

stljohnson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think All-Madden is the way to go

No Streaming Account
  11. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. There were alot of sacks, although that probably had nothing to do with the difficulty level. Carolina's defense is rated #1 in the game I think, so that has something to do with it.

It was a nice close one though, all FG's. Should have been 6-6, but Kasay missed one wide left.

Not sure if I'll be able to slip away to the XBox tonight. My wife is leaving in the morning (w/ the kids) to visit her parents this week up in Destin, FL. so she'll probably want to see me most of the night. I'll be on XBL pretty much every other night this week though, likely all night, each night. 8)

I hope your son gets feeling better and it's nothing serious. Nothing worse than having a sick kid and feeling helpless if you don't know what's wrong w/ them.

No Streaming Account
  12. windlessmoney

windlessmoney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have posted a couple of 70 pointers and one was on socal and after the game I did apologize. That score I did intentionally run up the score. I was very upset with the comments he had made.

The other 1 I ran, for about 2 quarters but I broke a couple big ones. I didnt run up the gut every time which I guess I could have. But I think if someone was beating me and they broke and dove that would be a smack in my face. I wouldnt appreciate that at all.

I think from the games I have played thus far I have shown class. I am not one for running up the scores nor junk talking, I am a little crazy but thats it, but I am willing to play on any setting because I tell you guys again I am so please to be apart of league gaming and this conversation makes LG and this thing so great. We all have say in what goes on.

All Madden or All Rookie
    I am down.
    But hey I am willing to test it out, I am ready to play right now, if anyone want to play!!!!!!!!1:fjac:

No Streaming Account
  13. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i already think i know how this movie is going to end but figured what the heck. after dabbling with all-madden for a half hour or so i think we should keep it as is. after reading what jon and kobra put about there game i figured ok since carolina has 99 d id practice against them and obviously there excellent and things were alot tighter but overexaggerated, i.e. the entire dline at my front door just about every play action if not tackling vick before he even had a chance to hand off. so then i tried against arizona to see what i hoped to be marked difference since there d is in the 60's but i saw the exact same thing. i for one know atlanta isn't the greatest but there line ratings are decent but when i can't run for more than 2 yards let alone brake a tackle seeing this makes me wonder if all-madden is no more than the computer cutting more corners rather than the d actually getting smarter. i think using this difficulty is going to appeal greatly to the 5 or 10 that can practice this game religiously and fine tune all of all maddens idiosyncracies but for folks like me that get about a game a day in we are just gonna be chum for the sharks. the writing is on the wall though and i will honor my commitment.

No Streaming Account
  14. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, I don't want it like that either. It should be fun for everyone, not just the guys that go nuts and play 5x per night.

Did you try All Madden online though? I agree that against the computer they seem to cut corners and artificially make it more difficult, but playing with it online I didn't seem to sense that.

I'll try playing someone other than KK and see if I get sacked as much.

No Streaming Account
  15. windlessmoney

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I played twice last night on All Madden I really didn't see a big difference. I did notice that is was less tackles being broke. I think XBJ said that there were a few more dropped passes which I noticed, but I think the main difference in All Madden is the running up the middle will be obsolete. It seems to be no gut, or dive plays going for more than 3 which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing.

OH yeah don't prac. on All Madden because thats not a good similation of how it is 1 when you play a human, 2 when you play XBL so get a game or two on All Madden and see.

Once again I am down for whatever. I will be on at about 3:30 or so until I start falling asleep during the games. So I will be willing to play in type setting

No Streaming Account
  16. windlessmoney

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  17. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's no good. We need to be able to run up the gut, especially if teams are spreading the line to help shut down the sweeps and passes to the flats.

Doesn't sound like going to All Madden is making a huge difference in online play, so maybe we'll scrap that idea, I dunno... can't hurt to keep testing though.

No Streaming Account
  18. windlessmoney

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The running up the gut was ok, I can't remember if he was spreading the line, I know he had a couple up the middle for about 3 to 4 yards when I spread the d line.

I actually think I am an advocate for All Madden setting, I think that helped my defense catch the ball a litlle more.

No Streaming Account
  19. TMG620

TMG620 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    WoW !!!

I'm Dead !!!

But by God I'm gonna go out and have some friggin F U N anyway !!! :D

No Streaming Account
  20. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i can see why yourself or some of the folks that play alot would want all madden. personally i'd rather go out and lose putting up some points than get shut out each game by the few that have the fime to figure out the nuances of the game. and when a game negates a running back completely from even getting to the line of scrimmage when i could do in all pro i dont think that is realism. i see that as the way to make the d more intelligent at the sacrifice of the offense.

No Streaming Account