Sportsmanship

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by dvdguy, Nov 3, 2003.

1. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if someone feels the need to compensate for thier small uhhhh feet by throwing bombs when they are already up by 35 the so be it. Just ignore it and laugh at them.

No Streaming Account
  2. goalie

goalie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah - i chuckled when it happened to me...

but then i just figured it was a good way to continue to work on my pass defense!

No Streaming Account
  3. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    I don't need to throw late TD passes, i have a miata to help compensate!

4. cocoman

cocoman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Make that 21 :wink:

You guys should try playing non ranked games with the EQ turned on. It's a much better online experience IMO...and it's about the only way I can play this game without a degusted look on my face. I'll give you an example...I have a friend that is a decent player (he knows football) and likes the Carinals and I like the Raidas and I'm a much better player then him. He does not stand a chance of beating me as long as he uses the Cardinals, fact is he has never beaten me until we turn on the EQ. Out of 7 games with EQ off I won them all and most were determined by half time, making the remainder of the game no fun. Out of 10 games we played with EQ on I won 8 games and ALL the games were very coemptive and fun. I see turning on EQ as a true game of skill versus skill and if I lose I come away satisfied with the results. This my opinion and it won't change by someone telling me I need to play better D, O, or I need to practice more...BULL#^@(! The game is FLAWED!

Edit: Lets keep the language clean.

No Streaming Account
  5. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I know my last game, the chargers I think, I was down by 3 TD's, it was 4th and 8....and he went for it.....that drives me crazy!

Gajeske85
  6. dvdguy

dvdguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, this is exactly the kind of crap I'm talking about. I'm playing a make up game against the Cardinals owner right now... the game is still going, but I'm not playing.

7-3 First Quarter, he goes for it on 4 & 6
    14-3 Second Quarter, he goes for it on 4 & 5
    31-3 in the FOURTH FREAKING QUARTER and he goes for it on 4th & 12.

I joined a league to play SIM ball and avoid this crap from the lobbies.

No Streaming Account
  7. IndigoVDub

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There is definetely and issue there, i will talk with him about it.

No Streaming Account
  8. MixMasterMike

MixMasterMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Umm I don't remember this... heh. I'd never go for a 4th down late in the game when I'm ahead... ever. And if I am ahead late in the game I'll just keep doing run plays.

On the run plays late in the game I do try and score on them... I mean I wouldn't want someone who's whoopin' on me to take it easy all of a sudden... we're playing a video game and it all takes practice. When a person is running it on me I want them to be trying hard so I can get practice on my defense. I take it as more of an insult than sportsmanship if the guy doesn't try to score on a run late in the game because it's telling me "well I could score on ya again but nahhh don't think I will this time."

My 2 cents, lol.

No Streaming Account
  9. IndigoVDub

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    damn mike i wish more people thought like that. Now for those that like to take chances (ie going for it on fourth) just make sure that there is a reason behind it please. Nobody has a problem if the game is tight and you do it but when you are dominating please punt the ball away. It isn't a rule but it should be an unwritten rule atleast i would hope some of you have figured that out by now. You are only making youself look like a prick by running up the score on purpose. I have no problem with you running the ball all 2nd half but if you are already up by a lot then please punt it if a 4th down comes up, or if possible go for a field goal.

No Streaming Account
  10. Skater

Skater LG Vet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I already explained all of them
    first quarter I went for it because it was a close game at the time and I wanted to make it a 2 score lead
    2nd quarter I went for it because it was too far for a fg but too close for a punt
    and 4th quarter was because you downed it every play in the third quarter after I intercepted you. And when you downed it, you didn't let the time run down, you just downed it again right away so I saw no logic in that....sounds like thats amazing sportsmanship on your part

No Streaming Account
  11. dvdguy

dvdguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Twist it around however you want to, but I did not walk away from the game until after you went for it on 4th and 12 in the fourth quarter, up 31-3. I walked away from the game to sign online to ask you what your problem was. You replied by blocking me from your messenger. So I tried another, and then you just signed off.

I started downing the ball because I was writing this post and seeking one of the admins to talk to. I was playing as best I could with the crappy Browns up until that last straw of you going for it on 4th and 12 in the fourth quarter, up by 28 points. You wanted the ball so bad, I gave you the ball back. I needed to talk to the admins.

No Streaming Account
  12. Skater

Skater LG Vet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I went for it on 4th and 12 with 2 seconds left in the game because I was pissed that you weren't choosing plays on defense and downing it everytime on offense...and back to what I said...why didnt you run the clock down if you kept downing it? You just kept doing them similtaniously without wasting anytime
    oh and by the way, the cardinals are the lowest rated team in the game so you can't complain about having a crappy team

No Streaming Account
  13. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    dvdguy, just let it go for now. Just keep playing the best you can and finish out the season. I'm sure some people will drop and there might be a chance of you getting a new team. I give you mad props as it is being 0-11 but still playing all your games. Just hang in there bro.

Gajeske85
  14. dvdguy

dvdguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's not the one I'm talking about. You went for it on 4th and 12 with 4:56 left on the clock in the 4th quarter, up 31-3. THAT'S the point that I walked away from the game and started downing the ball. I left the game to sign online to ask you why in god's name with a 28 point lead in the 4th quarter you felt like you had to go for it on 4th and 12 with 4:56 left on the clock in the 4th quarter, up by 28 points.

No Streaming Account
  15. Trigga Happy

Trigga Happy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well if either of you played with mics then you wouldn't have had to sign on to aim to talk to him

No Streaming Account
  16. skornzbolt23

skornzbolt23 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yea...... i have noticed that alot with basketball. i find myself aggrivated alot when i don't know what kind of guy i am playing. but most of my friends on my list are the ones who i can talk to and laugh with, keeps the game fun, which is why we're here. if you ask me, i think like mp has said, headsets mandatory, and if not? you receive a loss. that's how big of a deal i think headsets should be. xbox made headsets a viable part of online gaming. i'm glad they have it, along with online broadband play.

No Streaming Account
  17. Ted Danson

Ted Danson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When people go for it on 4th down in their own end of the field, I welcome it... even if I can stop them only 25% of the time. Sucks for them, right? An easy score for me.

As long as there is no cheesy glitch plays being executed (of which I am aware none), I think everyone should just play to win, but not blow out. You never mentioned the field position of the Cardinals on either of it... if I have the ball on my opponents' mm 36-40 yard line and it's 4th and short, depending on the pace of the game and how well my D is doing, I would consider going for it.

I dunno, I guess all I want to say is that I don't think we should restrict 4th down decisions. The score wasn't that much of a blowout anyway.

Just my two cents.

No Streaming Account
  18. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just don't start the game unless they guy on the other end has his headset on and is responding... that's my policy.

No Streaming Account
  19. skornzbolt23

skornzbolt23 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well what if they don't ever use it? do you not play the game and get a loss like the rules state? i just don't see what's so hard about talking to fellow leaguers you know? :evil:

No Streaming Account
  20. IndigoVDub

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very good points. FYI, there will never be a rule against 4th downs. We would just appreciate it if people wouldn't try to run up the score.

No Streaming Account