THIS GAME SUCKS TUNER UPDATE THING

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by officialmark07, Sep 14, 2016.

?

BETTER DESSERT

1. CAKE

60.8%
  2. PIE

39.2%
  1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,043 / 114 / -859
    Correct

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. SJUSoccer9

SJUSoccer9 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SJUSoccer9#5071
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 10 / -12
    ooook, but at some point in time during all the testing PRE-BETA, it was in fact 100% faster than it is right now, is what you're saying - we the public just didnt play it when it was faster because both the beta and right this very second, is "exactly the same".

Agree to disagree on that, because a shit ton of people feel the first couple of days of the beta and right now are definitely different. Maybe they're not telling you the whole truth when it comes to the game speed. With that said, I played 2 games on the PS4 last night and it 100% felt like I was playing NHL 16 (which is not a good thing). I also then tried a couple games on xb1 last night and the game felt way better than what I had just witnessed on the PS4. then again, the PS4 vs xb1 feel could be completely different tonight. tomorrow. the next night. etc. I feel like its a different game almost every time you turn it on.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Merle

Merle Your favourite player's favourite player Platinum

Discord:
    Gibby#7847
    Ratings:
    +2,554 / 38 / -91

Wouldn't it have to do with the load/bandwidth (wrong terms maybe) at each point we've been playing? Beta would theoretically have a fairly low load on servers with minimal people playing the game/game mode therefor EASHL is running at peak potential. Early access being a similar situation with most likely more people on the game at that time but still nothing really stressing things. Then you have release day/week/month which potentially is the heaviest load on the servers causing things to slow down quite a bit.

I remember last year having things like captain lag and lag all night till about 3am est (when everyone who isnt a virgin turned their box off) and things seemed to be quite a bit better.

Im not gunna claim i this is proven or that i truly know what im talking about but i think its quite plausible given the trend of complaints and gamechangers saying nothing was changed.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  4. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    While we're discussing great features and consistency, EA should bring back player intimidation. That was hot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    BLicK1252
  5. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    How about they just stop being lazy and bring back customization to the fullest. Height, weight, attributes. Cap it out again. If a guy is 6'9 220 he should be slower then molasses in January. Maybe it should cap out at say 84 speed and 87 accel. These pre build bullshit is also what scared away some of the LG/other virtual league players.

Granted some people will exploit it, but at the same time people exploit other shit that's in this bad game everyday.

The right stick twirl to make people bubble off them when going for a hit. Among other things.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    cross_x_check
  6. cnumartyr85

cnumartyr85 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 2 / -8
    I want people's screens to shake and it to go blurry for a duration based on how big the hit was.

Game feels different than beta. It's not like the builds feel different, everything feels clunkier and slower.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    cnumartyr
  7. Perrilyzer1

Perrilyzer1 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Perrilyzer1#2915
    Ratings:
    +600 / 16 / -19
    tips are way too effective, soft goals still go in, and wraps are really hard to save when u get the right wrap animation. Other than that, I feel like goalie is better than last year and can actually be fun. The stances feel like they give you a slight difference in movement and the positioning is much more important - you have to read the plays rather than just reacting. The game supports being square to the shot over moving towards it late. I also think sitting deep in the net is exposed this year, so not sure why the goal-line goalie argument was made now rather than any of the other previous years when it took 1 hand to play the position. At least from a goalie's POV, it feels like it will take some time to figure out but there is potential. But its early and this could all go to shit....who knows.

Bring back Titty Wells and the extra attacking pls.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  8. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,043 / 114 / -859
    I can give you what I know and what I'm allowed to discuss. From y perspective I'm not sure there is an advantage for me to be told things not true by EA. I'm pretty impartial on this topic because all I want is a good game. If the game sucks based on decisions they made that's not water off my back since I have a limited influence.

NHL 16 builds had 83 speed, 83 acc and I believe 88/90 agl.

When we beta tested 17 we tried all kinds of crazy stuff. What felt best to me was 90 speed, 88 acc and 90 agl. I felt that gave me the only NHL 14 skating feelings.

Coming into the beta and now the full game I am not 100% sure what the skating is at but I assume it's around the 86 acc, 88 speed, 90 agl mark. I am def in favor of increasing those number if those IN FACT the numbers they are using.

My theory on why the game doesn't feel as fast is based on the fact we played the shit outta NHL 16 so when we first jumped to 17 it was a major change. If you were like me you avoid 16 once your lg season was over therefore now you have nothing to compare really. They did add some more skating animations but nothing attribute based changed. I did feel it felt a tab bit slower when I got the game early too. But now it feels fast to me again. I'm not sure what else would contribute to that is feeling this way.

There is no advantage in spending the money to fly nuge and I to Vancouver every three or four months simply to lie to us about changes they did or didn't make.

It's a subjective topic but I do personally agree a bit more speed would be nice and seeing the LG community want that as well gives me more backing when I bring it to EA. It is early as well so I assume we see some changes and I'm going to try my best to ensure we don't see any drastic changes that blends the game into a water down version of itself

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  9. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,043 / 114 / -859
    That seems valid and is something I mentioned too

LeagueGamingOfficial
  10. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,043 / 114 / -859
    I wouldn't say the attributes are based on laziness. It's more based on a competitive environment they are trying to maintain.

I'm impartial cuz I like both systems but I do agree if we continue a preset world some changes need to be made in order to ensure there is more balance and give and take better builds.

Personally I think some of the big builds are too big. As well ass too fast for how big they are. I don't think it's accurate that a power forward is as fast as a two way dangler.

I'd love to see height and weight return even if it was adjusted in ranges deemed "realistic" but EA.

The build stuff is so subjective and takes a lot of testing to get right

LeagueGamingOfficial
  11. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    ^the problem before was that speed was too much of an advantage. They haven't yet found a good balance between power/size and speed.

• Winner Winner x 1
    BLicK1252
  12. cnumartyr85

cnumartyr85 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 2 / -8
    The balance shouldn't be speed, it should be accel and agi. Top speed should be the same, just make bigger guys take slightly longer to get there and take wider turns.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    cnumartyr
  13. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    So wait, why don't people put the time into making a build that's right for them? There's people who find exploits in certain attributes because they put the work into changing various things. If people would take a bit to figure out a build that works for them then this wouldn't be an issue.

Why make the Datsyuk(2way dangler) and Ovechkin(hitting sniper) type builds. This is EASHL where we create our own character. Why not have our own attributes? I could be wrong but I feel as there are more issues now that they have changed the attributes and shit then there has ever been.

• Like Like x 2
    cross_x_check
  14. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,043 / 114 / -859
    I see your point but disagree.

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  15. APsychicTaco

APsychicTaco Scrub Goalie Supreme

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    Maybe? But if you've ever played madden you can throw three different types of passes with one button. You can hold, tap, and double tap the button for three varying passes.

• Like Like x 1
    APsychicTaco
  16. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,043 / 114 / -859
    Cool concept

LeagueGamingOfficial
  17. APsychicTaco

APsychicTaco Scrub Goalie Supreme

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    It definitely is. They used to use a "Hold the button for varying power" but online it was difficult to use because of lag. It would definitely take out the current stick lift issue if it is revolved around the button pressing and not animations.

APsychicTaco
  18. Pure Pone

Pure Pone REALEST MAN

Discord:
    purepone#0
    Ratings:
    +409 / 1 / -7
    Preset builds are fine. I just use whatever build fits my playing style the best, and adapt (if that's even possible)

I feel the biggest problem is game speed. The game has to be faster. I find myself "ahead" of the game. It's to a point I have to slow my reaction time down in order to compensate which obviously in turn makes me 2nd guess whatever action I'm about to perform.

But still, in my opinion it is a better overall game than 16. Hopefully they bring it back to how the beta was and work off that than what is available now

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. REMPE TRAIN

REMPE TRAIN Well-Known Member

Discord:
    trouba_train#0
    Ratings:
    +3,138 / 76 / -140
    I love me some player intimidation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    gethesehands69
  20. SiIky Johnson

SiIky Johnson Player Hater of the Year

Ratings:
    +484 / 23 / -52
    do you guys take into account the server load when helping them make the builds? that would explain why the first day or 2 of beta felt great compared to the end. bump that shit up to account for the server delay. easy enough right?

silk_stalker