THIS GAME SUCKS TUNER UPDATE THING

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by officialmark07, Sep 14, 2016.

?

BETTER DESSERT

1. CAKE

60.8%
  2. PIE

39.2%
  1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    You guys are fucking crazy

Pie is way better then cake

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. NickyLeaks

NickyLeaks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 24 / -55
    Write-in vote

Chocolate Eclairs.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    @LG McDonald. Btw PB CC pie is def the way to go if there's no pumpkin around. My wife makes PB pie like no other.

• Winner Winner x 1
    cross_x_check
  4. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,041 / 113 / -854
    Everything we played pre beta was ping of 11-12 at EA, no sever load.

At home in Ontario I'm like 16-18. I don't feel a difference.

I'm away on course right now using internet I've been able to get into at a ping of 14-15 and I don't feel a difference here than I do at home.

Good points tho I'm just not educated enough in the field to comment

LeagueGamingOfficial
  5. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    So I didn't know this site used the xbox forums as the main forums, which is why I never read stuff over here. I posted a thread in the EA NHL series discussion forum looking for feedback on goalies.

I'm glad to see some feedback here that's not the same recycled garbage of people being bad at goalie. It's not perfect, it's better. Give it time to get used to. It's not 16 and that's a good thing.

If you have any goalie related feedback just @ me and I'll see it. I'll pass it on to the devs. Feedback from competitive goalies like ourselves means much more than the casual player in my eyes.

1. Lateral movement speed needs to be a touch faster.

2. The stupid butt thing was put in without my knowledge. It's bad, but happens way way less in the full release than the beta.

3. Hot garbage still goes in and it sucks.

Thanks @Perrilyzer1 and @PSYCHIC TACO 24

• Like Like x 1
    eashlgoalie
  6. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. officialmark07

officialmark07 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,854 / 33 / -93
    In Vancouver did they say anything about skate blade length for EASHL?

Not sure if it's true, but I heard Duchene has higher speed than McDavid because he has 9" skates and that makes him slower (more agile). Therefore they up'ed his speed to make him the same speed or whatever on the ice, but more agile.

Skating was solid in 14, and everything was capped at 90. Everyone also used 13" skates.
    I think everyone would be in agreement that if you could convince them to run 90/90/90 with 13" blades it would be ideal, and then do minor adjustments from there. Because whatever it is now, it's not even in the same ballpark. I feel like I'm running 75 75 75, I don't know why, but there is no reason I should have to play EASHL with players like Leo Komarov, and Patrick Maroon. Let me play with Crosby, OV, Karlsson etc.

Also, I doubt they do it because they're "understaffed", but they need to pick a height like 6' and give him 90 90 90. If you pick a player build that is smaller say you get 1 attribute in speed, accel, agl for every inch your player is smaller than 6'. For every inch a player build is above 6' they lose an attribute point. So a 6'4 dude would be 86, 86, 86. Not too far off, but enough so there is a reason for people to pick a variety of builds. Having said that if they keep struggling this badly they need to just bring back the creation zone, and let people do their thing cause EASHL has been shit since the 360.

• Like Like x 7
    No Streaming Account
  8. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,041 / 113 / -854
    The Mcdavid/Matty D debate I have No idea. I could ask but that sounds like a 9/11 conspiracy theory.

I get your point about speed and acc and I'll be sure to relay your ideas.

I also strongly agree with the size vs speed debate. I believe that everyone in the NHL to a certain degree regardless of shape or size come accomplish a similar maximum speed. On a straight away whereby distance was no object Lucic and Crosby both could accomplish a maximum speed of say 30KM/Hr

The difference then becomes acceleration. Obviously Crosby gets to that speed faster being more affective in video game hockey. Same can be applied to AGL. smaller guys can turned better. It's just physics. So I don't care if everyone has 90 speed. But I'd like to see some variation in acc and agl. So if I am standing flat footed on the blue line and I am stripped by a PWF already in full motion(speed bursting) I more than likely 9/10 should not catch him.

BUT when I am racing for a puck from a similar location whereby both players start from a turn and glide. 9/10 a smaller build should get there first.

Make sense?

LeagueGamingOfficial
  9. NickyLeaks

NickyLeaks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 24 / -55

Watch from 2:05 to around 2:30. Look at how the goalie is able to position himself from side to side unmolested by clunky movement animation. Movement speed is a very small portion of the issue. The main issue is movement in general. Goalie would be fine if movement was crisp, responsive, and free. Perri mentioned that goalie used to be able to be played with one hand, that was until anticipation stick came out and allowed goalies to slide left to cover a one-t while expecting the cross-body on the right side. Right now Goalie is pre-position while reading the play and hope it's not tipped in. If you try to play true to each shot angle you will get ROASTED.

To repeat - Angles can't be properly played because of the clunky goalie movement. I invite anyone to use proper positioning angle theory in NHL 17.

White ice goalie when the puck is at the point loses to literally every onetimer

Top of the crease when the puck is in the high slot loses to the corner onetimer

I can agree that the position is playable. I can't agree that the position is by any means polished at all. To be good at NHL 17's version of goaltending you need to work less on cutting off the shooting angle and more on cutting off the passing option angle. Why is that a good thing?

• Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    Cheesecake is the best dessert, and is good enough to carry the rest of the cakes ahead of pies.

Excluding cheesecake, pie is better.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Lundqvist 30 NY

Lundqvist 30 NY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 4 / -15
    CHEL 17 presents EASHL 17 where you can play as your favorite superstars such as: Tanner Glass, Marc Staal, Dan Girardi, Dion Phaneuf, David Clarkson, Jared Boll, Eric Boulton, Josh Georges, and more!

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    I dunno, Cheesecake makes you feel like jaba. At least (most) pies are made from fruits and or vegetables.

Plus no one ever made a movie about fucking a cheesecake

13. DDW-_-

DDW-_- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,499 / 73 / -89
    Game is fine

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    Have you ever had chocolate and peanut butter cheesecake?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. cup4blues

cup4blues cup4blues#5216

Discord:
    cup4blues#5216
    Ratings:
    +101 / 10 / -6
    So they made it so goalies have to challenge the shooter in order for the puck to not just find holes in them like swiss cheese, but at the same time reduced goalie movement speed so it's harder for us to keep up with skaters...

Right stick saves are completely useless for stopping cross creasers coming off the post.

I wish they'd just take whatever they did with goalie saves and change it back to what it was in the beta.

cup4bluesNHL
  16. officialmark07

officialmark07 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,854 / 33 / -93
    Yeah. Having said that the fastest guys in the NHL (McDavid, Duchene, Larkin, Kessel, Seguin, MacKinnon etc are usually small. You have a guy like Hall that is a bit bigger, but if you had Kessel vs Lucic in a race from 1 side of the ice to the other Kessel will win. Not only that, but Kessel would get to a faster speed than Lucic as well. It's also my opinion that SPD, AGL, ACC should all be the same because in years past that's when players moved the best, otherwise you start feeling bulky.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Conkies Revenge

Conkies Revenge Painfully Average

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -2
    @LG McDonald ....wouldn't a simple fix for the stick lift issue be to switch the "tie up"/"net battle" controls BACK to what they were in earlier games before they were removed? Simply remove that function from the "Y" and "A" button and allow people to tie up or net battle by using vision control (LT) combined with the Right thumb stick.

• Winner Winner x 1
    aViolentMidget
  18. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    The people who are saying "change it back to the beta", if they did change the game back to the beta tuner/patch you'd still think the beta was better, faster, smoother, etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,041 / 113 / -854
    I dot think it's speed tho.

Like the attribute of speed is the maximum top end speed one player can accomplish.

ACC is the attribute that creates separation between players.

Connor McDavid is the best skater I've ever seen live. But it's cuz he is so explosive in his strides. That is the separation we need for eashl based on player classes.

A two way dangler and a playmaker should skate the same. They are both 6'0,190

LeagueGamingOfficial
  20. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,041 / 113 / -854
    Perhaps. I'm not a developer so I can't say what will and won't work.

There definitely is a fix require I'm just not sure what

LeagueGamingOfficial