Top 3 hard rock bands

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Xeno72, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Xeno72

Xeno72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, with regard to the music scene I may do this ever so often. This time around I am wondering which bands get you jacked up when you are in the mood for hard, thumping tunes. I'd like your list to be currently active bands. As in, album released in the last couple of years. Satan worshipping Death Metal fans, let's save it for another thread, lol. Here are my 3 favourites:

1) Papa Roach: They are now 4 albums deep (not including their 1st which never went mainstream). The reason that this band is my current favourite is that the number of quality songs they put out. For me they have the least amount of songs I skip over in my Ipod....always quality!

2) Sum 41: A great Canadian band who are as raw as they come. They have made some songs I don't care for but most songs serve their purpose...giving you that adrenaline you may be lacking! Their new album is great! So many albums and they stick to their genre, unlike so many other bands that think because they are popular they can "experiment".

3) Foo fighters: Consistently good but more specifically their harder rock songs are phenomenal. You can always count on the fighters with sticking to what made them successful.

No Streaming Account
  2. BleedBlueBlood

BleedBlueBlood Baron Von Sauerkraut

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    I gotta say, with the NHL08 soundtrack, it turned me on to a new band. They're a UK band that Interscope just picked up for North America. The album gets released Nov 6th here and I've already reserved my copy. Listen to the song You're Not A Winner by Enter Shikari on the sountrack!

1) Is one of the all time fav's...Machinehead - the new Blackening album is their best yet!
    2) Enter Shikari - I'm so pumped about these guys they're already in my top 3.
    3) Korn - The new album they just release "Untitled" is excellent.

I used to really like Linkin Park, but their last album SUCKED BIGTIME!

BleedBlueBlood
  3. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm with you on Linkin Park BBB

1) Breaking Benjamin
    2) Three Days Grace
    3) Korn

No Streaming Account
  4. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    I too enjoy listening to the Foos. Every new CD they release I have to get. "The Pretender" is a great tune...reminds me of "Monkey Wrench" the tempo of the song is very lively! Since you've mentioned them already Brian, I will add another to my list.

1) Green Day: Always at the top of my iTunes playlist. I have every release in the Green Day library and shuffle through them the most. I think Warning is probably my favorite album, with American Idiot taking a close second.

2) Linkin Park: With each new release they seem to find another gear. The latest album/cd Minutes to Midnight has some really great high energy songs mixed in with some slower memorable songs. The transition from What I've Done to Hands Held High an obvious anti-war/anti-Bush song is great! Another top release by LP.

3) 30 Seconds to Mars: I stayed away from this disc for a long time; wondering if Jared Leto would be able to put out music that would kill his persona of Jordan Cattelano (My So Called Life). The first release from them is pretty damn good. Tracks like Attack and From Yesterday are probably the best of the bunch. check 'em out.

No Streaming Account
  5. GrandmasterB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    damn...jcon I forgot about Breaking Benjamin; "We are not alone" gets a ton of play when I'm busy working at home.

No Streaming Account
  6. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    How about some love for Nirvana. Their album nevermind has to be one of the best grunge/rock albums ever and for all those fans of rock, it will be a full download for the game "Rock Band"

And no love for some Guns & Roses & AC/DC?

7. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    All posts above me are disqualified. The title says "Hard Rock" bands.

1) Five Finger Death Punch - "The way of the Fist". Not only is 5FDP the most kickass name in music right now, the cd is actually pretty good.

2) All That Remains - "The fall of Ideals". Lyrically and vocally the album pretty much sucks. Musically it's my favorite album of the year, just listen to the drummer go crazy on the skins.

3) In This Moment - "Beautiful Tradedy". Album is alittle softer then most that I listen to but what's better then a chick screaming on a few songs?

drummerJ99
  8. BleedBlueBlood

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    Unless you're stuck in the early 90's, it sounds like CURRENT top 3. I really like those bands too, but I wouldn't listen them as frequently as the bands listed. I have to be in a "hair band" mentality to listen to them....

GMB - How can you say really high energy songs in the Minutes to Midnight album? There's like 2...then the rest is all ballad crap. The reason it's called Minutes to Midnight, is because it will put you to sleep! After listening to the album twice (because I thought a second time might make me change my mind). I literally threw it at a friend of mine and said "keep this piece of sh*t"...lol.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
    BleedBlueBlood
  9. GrandmasterB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    how about the title be edited to say "Rock Band"?

I must listen to the only two songs then, LOL. I guess I'm just a fan of LP...

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  10. BleedBlueBlood

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    It reads, not Death Metal, your bands are pretty close to that..lol.

Machinehead, not hard rock?? What are you talking about...get off that pipe :razz:

BleedBlueBlood
  11. edge997

edge997 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I say keep it the same. It's somewhat subjective anyway and it may be interesting to see what people classify as "Hard Rock". For instance, Jeffrey99 listed All That Remains and personally I'd classify them as Metal/Metalcore and not close to hard rock. But, as I say, everybody has their own ideas on how to classify bands.

Also, I still think LG needs a general "entertainment" forum for things like music, movies, and TV. All this is crammed in the Off-topic.

No Streaming Account
  12. BleedBlueBlood

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    I really like Linkin Park and a fan (I was actually a fan before they got big - I was in a big metal/rap phase then - Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Korn, alot more bands, but alot less known to the general population). The first 2 albums were great, it's just this one I was soooo massively disappointed. I was like "it took them over 2 years to make this album...WTF!"

BleedBlueBlood
  13. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well, good to see no one need to have an opinion but you. Like edge said its subjective. One man's rock is another man's "Satan worshipping death metal".

No Streaming Account
  14. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    But he said hard rock that gets ya pumped :). I'll give ya All that remains. They would be classified death metal to me.

drummerJ99
  15. murph17

murph17 Puff, Puff, Pass, Score!

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    yeah Xeno said the band needs to have released something recently to "qualify". AC/DC, GnR, VH all rock the house, but don't quite qualify for this discussion.

i'll second the Foo Fighters nomination. they keep coming out with great stuff.

how about some System of a Down? hard enough for you? i'm interested to hear Serj's new solo album next week.

ummm...can't think of a third more recent band. LOL.

oh and love LP's first album, second was so-so, remix albums suck, and Minutes to Midnight is the worst of all of them. talk about free falling.

murph17
  16. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    That would be pretty cool.

drummerJ99
  17. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    lol this is true, However the original author did reference the "Foo Fighters" as "Hard Rock". I personally head bang to "Learning to fly" all the time ;)

18. Xeno72

Xeno72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And Papa Roach not hard rock??? Hunh?

No Streaming Account
  19. GrandmasterB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Learning to Fly is probably my favorite Foo's song of all time!

No Streaming Account
  20. Xeno72

Xeno72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    System of Down is definately a good one, :cool:

No Streaming Account