An AHL Management Tale

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by GimmixPwns, Nov 30, 2015.

1. GimmixPwns

GimmixPwns Well-Known Member

Discord:
    GimmixPwns#7684
    Ratings:
    +128 / 9 / -10
    @xSEBBYx13x you are my new favourite person.

As a new GM these intricacies are things I am just learning. I took the board's word that I was wrong and then fought the fight that @Ozzyng2 just put forth very well.

What Ozzy said about punishing the players is THE ONLY reason I didn't just up and leave when the ruling came down. My guys deserve the respect back that they give me and I wouldn't quit on them. Does the site or the board deserve it? Hell no (sorry).

• Like Like x 1
    gimmix8
  2. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Just one small correction.. Your #1 changed this season... We aren't overturning games anymore... they are just being replayed... After the issues you and your team were in last season it was agreed to change that to reduce any influence.

That isn't your's or my decision to make.... rules say games won with an invalid roster results in a replay..

If you are suggestion we add that if the invalid has no outcome on the game it shouldn't result in a replay I'd commend you on an excellent suggestion.

This is part of the problem... The League wants staff to follow the rules, but then wants the Managers to make exceptions and do what they want...

I want to give them a break but I can't The first sentence I got about this issue was "I didn't know what to do and I made a mistake".... That is honorable for sure but it doesn't make this okay.... The day the League starts to allow that reasoning to allow guys not to take punishment is when things get way worse than now.

"You know what, I made a mistake, I shouldn't have let him play on my tag all playoffs"....... Really what we want now?

You are right it does suck. But what sucks more? Ignoring a complaint and just saying "well we aren't going to follow that rule today?" Even after we have made teams replay games due to this same issue... One of them was my NHL team

You and I don't always see eye to eye but I have respect for what you post. What needs to be understood by you and everyone else in this community is two things.

#1 League staff ISN'T the rules

#2 Managers jobs are to manage their teams; League staff is to ensure the managers are doing so within the rules and procedures of our constitution...

That is the END all BE all with this League that everyone forgets.

The rules says, if you win and have an invalid roster you have to reply the game... It use to say you lose 1-0. Ask the marlies from last season how that feels. This rule was always corrected and addressed.

I can agree

I agree to some degree but it doesn't mean a discussion can't take place to try and change this for the future. The League is constantly evolving and changing. Too many managers and players don't get something to go their way, quit, make the whole "the league sucks thread" only to return seasons later....

I am impressed that some managers can be more mature and try and address a situation and move forward.

By know means just that simply mean that these "unofficial" scores will remain. The ruling was made that the games need to be replayed so be it. Time to accept the ruling and move forward. Some just seem to either be too bitter to even contribute positively while the others can remember its only a video game and can try and move this better going forward.

Perhaps this is a true eye opener for staff to be more proactive when it comes to newer managers. That is something I could take and an ensure all the tools are therefore you prior to jumping into an unknown situation.

I think that a middle ground would be required as well so that there is some responsibility still on the managers shoulders.

There is no value in pushing people out of management... If a guy isn't doing his job staff can simply remove him. If this did occur before they took over, then they can't truly be accountable for those actions. Unless I am missing something I don't think that is what actually occurred

Simply your opinion which I don't feel is a true reflection on how this situation will impact the League

Player was on their roster on sunday then on IR Monday... The ruling wasn't to overturn games to have losses, the ruling was to replay the games.

The argument and view point becomes what is too harsh? If we give a guy a one game suspension to keep 18 players on his roster how many teams will do that and deem 1 game acceptable to make trades putting them over the limit, therefore having a trading advantage for the future weeks?

Trigger happy? Maybe I guess if that is your perceptive, but at the end of the day why have rules if we aren't going to follow them?

And unfortunately if the games don't get replayed, they will be overturned to 1-0 losses....It would be in everyone's best interest to just replay the games and then try and move forward with a new rule

• Troll Troll x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  3. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    Going to have to chime in here Brodie. It is in no teams best interest outside of the Gulls to play these as you have just stated they can be given a win for not playing the game. You just gave people a huge loop hole here, I know you didn't mean to do this. The fact you have opposing AHL management of OTHER teams willing to waive the right to a replay and staff is ignoring it and threatening punishment if they want to let them stand is a huge mistake. This isn't site staff giving the Gulls an out or allowing them to break the rules, they generally are understanding of these guys actually stepping up into a shitty situation and knowing this didn't effect an outcome.

Management stood together and they got shit on here basically, not by you but others in your staff. Simple change would be allow teams to request a replay and not the league forcing players/managers into games outside what they signed up for or be punished for it which is the current situation.

Sevv_09
  4. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    The rule states that the games must be replayed... If the Gulls don't want to replay them so be it.. It will result in 1-0 loses. What needs to occur is the league will set reschedule dates and times and if only one team shows up, it will be a 1-0 win. If no teams show up it will be a 0-0 game.

I see your point but until we make an amendment to the rules, that is the process required to be followed

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  5. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30

So then with the obvious outcry here by the league why not hold an immediate amendment vote?

Well within the rules as stated allows a vote to take place, allowing both the teams who wish to let the games stand remain appealing to that side and still allowing Crass to get his rematches for his losses? Seems like a good compromise.

Also you could call for a letter of Understanding in the rules at this point allowing a vote to take place, because again this is within the rules and another compromise putting this on the ownership for ratification.

As stated by you as well the player entered IR on Monday not Sunday correct?

Which at max would be 4 games of invalid rosters according to the information?

I saw a link to it stating here that IR player's don't take up a roster spot.

There is always options to "do the right thing"

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Sevv_09
  6. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,458 / 325 / -613
    @GimmixPwns @Coach Crass wasn't receiving messages from Tiddus that you weren't. The quote from Tiddus is directly from the AHL Management Forum, which I read yesterday myself too.

DaYoungBuck
  7. im just a squid

im just a squid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +685 / 25 / -27
    To force 2 teams to play a game that neither team wants to play is 100% what's best for this league.

Also scheduling the exact 12 players for a reschedule game where they all have the same availability should be fun

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. im just a squid

im just a squid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +685 / 25 / -27

This will most likely be ignored

No Streaming Account
  9. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    It's okay I'm use to it just like when I offered to transition into the PA earlier this season. Told I couldn't and it wasn't needed which has been proven to be the opposite this season from the looks of it.

Sevv_09
  10. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    @Sevv09 @MCDONALD l19l

Isn't there something in the rules about only games won by the team being penalized will be under judgement?

If we read Brodie's official statement in post #64, its stating that even a winning opposing team will be forced and at risk of being penalized if the games aren't replayed?

Also, as I stated in my previous post. If any of these games are not replayed and set to a 1-0 or 0-0 final score, all original player stats need to remain (or be added back) as these players are not subject to a penalty because they have not committed any violations.

11. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    The only games that would be replayed would be games the Gulls won, this apparently took place over a minimum of 2 weeks for the 10 games. Also of note I'm only working with what has been posted here, mind you that if these games don't get played a player could lose their stats for 6 games (if they went 3-0 in both weeks)

Sevv_09
  12. GimmixPwns

Discord:
    GimmixPwns#7684
    Ratings:
    +128 / 9 / -10
    Ya @lYoungBuck l42l I see that now, to be honest I didn't know that forum existed. Glad to know this is the case.

@Ozzyng2 the way it is written, players will be punished and their old stats removed for something I did. I can't think of much better than to allow GMs to agree to let games stand. Since the exact same players must play (I don't know that this is clearly defined) they will either result in having double stats, or old stats with a new result if the site actually has that functionality.

@Sevv09 a PA could be a strong voice in matters like this where players will be directly involved in the outcome. Is there currently a PA?

• Like Like x 2
    gimmix8
  13. dityboycom

dityboycom I don't agree with you Platinum

Discord:
    dityboycom#4643
    Ratings:
    +367 / 51 / -50
    No.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    Hockeyinfo33
  14. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    The PA is "not needed" which I've called by on since I came back when the league moved to x1

Sevv_09
  15. GimmixPwns

Discord:
    GimmixPwns#7684
    Ratings:
    +128 / 9 / -10
    @Sevv09 I honestly thought there was a PA because of this:

gimmix8
  16. GimmixPwns

Discord:
    GimmixPwns#7684
    Ratings:
    +128 / 9 / -10
    I mean, obviously ignoring all of section 1.3 as well....

gimmix8
  17. dityboycom

dityboycom I don't agree with you Platinum

Discord:
    dityboycom#4643
    Ratings:
    +367 / 51 / -50
    The constitution was copied and pasted from the same draft used for the VHL. They probably over looked that subsection.

Hockeyinfo33
  18. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    Like @dityboycom said much of this is copied/pasted from the old VHL, with some updates. I guess there was no interest in anyone doing the PA ever since they cut the balls off what it use to be. I tried to bring it back this season to no avail with the staff.

Sevv_09
  19. GimmixPwns

Discord:
    GimmixPwns#7684
    Ratings:
    +128 / 9 / -10
    Ohh haha. Tiddus made it seem like he and Brodie wrote it together by a fire drinking whiskey with their trophy wives and Great Bernards and it's flawless and "been working great for 5 years."

gimmix8
  20. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    It's for the most part written poorly (however its leaps ahead of how bad it use to be), and chalk full of exploitable loop holes (again however leaps ahead of how bad it use to be).

Sevv_09