Nhl 15 eashl gameplay

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Duckheaddodado, Sep 5, 2014.

1. ViperXX79

ViperXX79 Southern Gentleman

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Well with all do respect to Nuge, that IS the definition of "lapdog"...

No Streaming Account
  2. OvenMitts19

OvenMitts19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,759 / 17 / -26
    A few notes (granted this is at Rookie 3...now at veteran 1 playing against boosted SS3+ players, all still applies):

- Bumps from behind are gone
    - Game speed overall is faster, even at low overalls.
    - The puck seems less "warpy" and bouncy in general, not just on dump ins. Presumably the puck elasticity slider has been turned down
    - Hitting/collision engine is 100% redone and there are a bunch of new animations. Its more predictable in the sense that if you protect the puck properly (ie, shield with your back), you wont lose it, but if you hit someone square they go down or you separate them from the puck.
    - Pass Interceptions are maxed out, I've picked off some fully charged RT rocket passes with 65 hand eye and 65 d aware
    - Goalies are live
    - Board play is no longer absurd/unrealistic/OP. You have to be square to the player and they cant be moving to stick them.
    - You can roof backhands again
    - Server is very smooth so far
    - Dump in is gone as mentioned earlier, so people will need to figure out how to carry the puck through the neutral zone. This is huge because it doesnt give low skill players a crutch to gain the zone easily and will help separate the good teams from the bad ones like the old games. Before you say "dump and chase is a huge part of hockey" yea it is, but as a timed rim around the boards to a streaking weak side wing, or cross corner well placed dump that is about 3 feet off the ice. Not a 40 foot high penalty kill rainbow while all 5 of your players are flat footed because you dont know how to regroup or skate with the puck between the bluelines.
    - The weird warping effect skating next to an opposing player from 14 is barely there now, if at all.

Obviously its not massive changes from 14 and the stale menus are unfortunate, but I always thought 14 was a good game that could be a great game with a few tweaks. This is the most fun I've had playing NHL in a while, and that includes 13 and 14 early releases as well if you think its just the low attributes talking here.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
    • Like Like x 12
    No Streaming Account
  3. TheAsceticHope

TheAsceticHope Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 2 / -4
    I spent little time with 14 compared to most. I can see the minor improvements in several areas.

Right now, the gameplay is pretty solid and if they just sped up the game play I would be happy enough with the product. NHL 11 dropped and compared to NHL 10, things started to make less sense. NHL 12, 13, and even the heavily defended 14 continued on with the general gameplay of just really not being logical. Right now, whether its the low cards or whatever it is, the game currently does make sense. Definitely subject to change as out of the box isn't typical what we see a few months after release.

Also spoilers, no sports game released yearly is worth $60. Compared to the other high quality titles out there, I can't believe its even apart of the debate. Be mad about EA, sure that's fine. Say 15 is the same game, but you're going to go buy the next gen version is also pretty hilarious. That game is severely stripped down. I guess I don't see the logic in that, but then again I'm not really one for versus.

It also might be worth it to think about what the league would be like if everyone just used stock players. No additional points or boosts. While that may be unattractive and partially unrealistic, that covers the "BUT I DON'T WANT TO GET MY CARDS" crowd. Not a full proof idea by any means, but I think that's an idea to entertain. We know, from those who have actually played the game, that it is improved. It's currently giving you a better game than NHL 14 did. Those who maybe get the itch to play 6s when the NHL season start could also jump right in since hey man, no cards or anything.

mise well, 2 sense, etc

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  4. EagleEyeFoley

EagleEyeFoley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,484 / 1 / -2
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    EagleEyeFoley1
  5. TheAsceticHope

TheAsceticHope Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 2 / -4
    Go basebawl

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  6. brandovedo

brandovedo Limited Reps Vet

Ratings:
    +872 / 33 / -43
    In case you didn't notice, today BMCDONALD19 edited his final post in the primary poll thread that was closed yesterday. He has decided that no further polling is necessary and that he will simply make the decision himself, despite officially stating multiple times that a poll would be posted after pre-release.

Many members did not vote in the primary poll b/c they wanted to wait to see the gameplay before voting at all. This is probably the most critical issue in the history of our community. If there was ever a decision that should be made by our members, and not a dictator, this is it.

Brodie, the game has only been available for like 1 day. Yes it's been a painful couple weeks for everyone, but let's complete this process the way you said we would. Yeah you admitted the votes won't necessarily sway 'your' decision, but how can you possibly be comfortable choosing without seeing results of a post-release vote?

• Like Like x 4
    brandovedo
  7. FireWallxQc

FireWallxQc Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0 / -1

I agree with that Mr.OvenMitts19

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    So basically he's going to make a decision that effects all of us by himself without hearing from all of us, after he said he would poll us to hear what we think.

Sounds legit. Paging LGHLPA President, come in LGHLPA President @Shaun1126.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    iMackie21
  9. Soxfan7744

Soxfan7744 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +184 / 6 / -14
    Wow I really hope he reconsiders that. Like you said, one of the reasons many people perhaps didn't vote was because they wanted to see the Early Release first. IMO, a new poll would really hammer home how much of this community wants to stay on 14.

No Streaming Account
  10. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    I have no prior knowledge of this change but here's the issue I see...

People want an answer so they know what game they are buying. If a poll goes up now there is little time for people to come to the site and vote prior to the end of Monday night. If the plan was to get another poll up (which it was) there would also have to be some common sense that you wont get half as many people to vote in a 3 day time line (I think) so how accurate would it be?

Its kind of beaten to death here and really comes down to "after playing the game, has the game play improved?" Brodie made it clear that if the game was indeed different "progress" that it would be most likely the league was moving forward. This doesn't mean that's the conclusion he's come to but that he can evolute that by talking to people that are playing the game.

The league and site has already stated "we" are not protesting EA as a whole and will be doing what's best for the league. So the "don't give EA your money" as a boycott or protest is not an argument here. The argument would be is if EA has updated the game enough to pay $60 and keep moving forward.

From reading most of these post its easy to see that people lose sight of what is really going on here. This is a free site, its not about your money. We are not making you spend it and you do have freedom of choice to what you do. Its not about personal gain (saving money, making your voice heard to EA, or getting your way because you consider yourself an elite player).

Its a couple simple factors...
    - Is 15 changed enough in 6v6 game play that the league continues on in typical fashion as always, moving to the next game released?
    - Did 15 not improve enough because EA did nothing and we are better off staying on '14
    - Which of the two options will best help the league and site maintain a stable player base and give us the best opportunity to grow until everything moves to the next Gen as a whole?

The community does matter, without them you have nothing, BUT anyone who steps back and sees the whole picture and not just their side of the argument will see that the community (based on votes) is divided in half. There are different types and reasons for voting & it was said this was not a vote to determine or whatever you want to call it as to there being a "winner". This was a poll to see where the community stands and in that sense it worked perfectly to determine the league is "divided" in half.

I'd like to see another poll too TBH, but I don't think there is any way to get to enough people to match or exceed the original vote so it could complicate more than it helps.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    He could at-least pt up a poll to get a feeling as to how the community feels, even just a small taste of it.

• Like Like x 1
    iMackie21
  12. drew13btv

drew13btv Well-Known Drew

Ratings:
    +105 / 1 / -2
    • Like Like x 1
    drew13btv
  13. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    I agree, but depending on who cares more to bother it might not reflect much. The idea was to see who "changed their mind one way or the other" after playing the game or who has made a decision after playing the game from being undecided prior. It would have to be more of a written vote explaining what testing the game did for you in order for it to work/matter.

Also, Brando is PA and has been doing a great job keeping active on this topic and working on whats fair for the community. Making points on how the voting is leaning while also being fair and general to both sides. You can see his opinions come out but also that he's working on whats best for the league form a players stand point.

14. Soxfan7744

Ratings:
    +184 / 6 / -14
    It wasn't exactly in half. NHL15 received less than 40% of the vote.

The people who wanted to move to 15 are saying they are noticing small changes, but I don't think that's how a majority of the people feel. From looking at posts that are getting "Thanked" in this thread, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if NHL14 garnered 70%+ of support if a new poll was made.

Even if I'm wrong about that, I think a lot of people would at least like to know.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  15. Duckheaddodado

Duckheaddodado Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like something ea would do and they already made the decision to move to nhl 15 when 75% of the community would vote for nhl 14 in the new poll.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    If you are debating that "it's not half" you really don't understand the concept of whats going on. It can be debated so many different ways and never end for those similar to you, its not worth it. (not trying to be rude).

People like myself who can only read what people say have no impact on a new poll, we are just basing our judgement off of what we already know and only see what we want to see to reinforce our stance.

I've seen more people who actually played the game and wanted to stay on '14, claiming no change was made, now saying the game IS definitely improved. It's all about perception. As for people like MVP, he basically said he isn't playing on 360 because he feels neither game is worth it. He is supporting EA by buying X1 NHL so that states he as no impact in this league discussion anymore. I'm not sure if people who thanked him realized that or if they were supporting him stating the league should move on to '15 or if they supported his mention of not seeing anything changed enough. He kind of covered everyone's stance and said he has no desired to participate. As for others, its the weekend, different groups come on at different times. People enjoying the game are playing and ranking up, they aren't going to waste their time now debating it. They like the game and are spending the time enjoying it.

Anyone can throw up guessed and assumption of what another full poll would be. I bet if you put the poll up for a whole week (til next Friday) it would clearly show 80% want NHL15 now.

See, we have different opinions on what the vote will be, we should make a poll to see who's right? (poll on top of poll = no progress). Just to make it clear, I don't object to another poll. I'll have both games come Tuesday so it's no rush to me when the league makes a decision. Although some of the community is getting very pissed because they DID want to trade in '14 for some value and get '15 but are stuck holding on to it until the league votes (those are the "either" votes no one is counting towards '15...

17. Soxfan7744

Ratings:
    +184 / 6 / -14

You're basing that off of inclusion of people that voted "either game". I understand that makes the amount of players who would definitely play NHL15 48%(halfish), but at the same time it would guarantee 60%+ percent would return for NHL14.

I just think people in support of 15 are way overvaluing its support bump after the release of the early access. If NHL15 gained 80% of the vote I would be the most surprised I have ever been in my entire life. If it could get 40% I would be surprised.

Regardless of whose prediction is right, I still think we have a right to know how the community feels. How would this be no progress? If either side were to get 80%+ as you predicted, IMO it would make the direction the league takes clear cut. Its worth a shot.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  18. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    In all honesty somebody just throw one up, it doesn't have to have Tris or Brodie as the creator for people to vote on it, though it's clear Brodie has made his decision.

• Like Like x 1
    iMackie21
  19. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    I told you I'm not debating the poll results if you don't understand its concept so you don't have to waste your time. It's not an "end all decision poll" as stated many times. So simply put, anything close (which this is) means its a pretty evenly divided community.... The End.

BTW, I voted for '15 but would play '14 in league with no complaints......the plot thickens (how do those types of people weigh in for either side?, because we know some people voted for one or the other but are still willing to do either.). Understand yet?

20. Midnight Montel

Midnight Montel Underground Railroad

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Why not open a new poll right now? People that are going to get 15 anyway, are going to get it. And swingers are going to wait. And the 51-60% of the league won't get it anyway.

Edit: This is really a no win situation any way you go here, but a new poll seems like it would be the most "fair" and you'd have a more accurate opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account