S17 Bidding Date Change Discussion

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by NugeTV, Dec 24, 2013.

?

Do you support the date change for S17 Bidding

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    I like the idea and I'm not sure if you know, but the "40mil" in your proposal is actually the pro-rated salary cap value for 15 man roster based on the 64.3 mil of the actually NHL. My only complaint would be the NHL floor (min bid) is too low, which will allow owners to over pay for a player and screwing up the "flow" (movement) of a player. Sure there will be a couple players very high, but some go over the top and really ruin how the league can function for a player like that.

1 big question(maybe I miss how this works).....how can you have a starting bid of 1mil but a min bid of 500k? If you are not starting the bid on the player @ 1 mil, how to you "bid" lower than the current bid started at 1mil?

2. F5 Penguin

F5 Penguin #NoFilter

Ratings:
    +1,222 / 4 / -22
    I think he's saying "minimum" as in "incremental" bid. So there's a floor to start then a minimum raise.

f5penguin
  3. TKOxHelocentric

TKOxHelocentric Elite Pylon

Ratings:
    +107 / 1 / -3
    basically if your a chl player and get called up to the nhl then he has to have that levels minimum bid would be 500k to match that levels caps

iizowenzii
  4. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    I'll take two stances on this:

1) I voted No as a Player, because I'm probably the very unique person to LG....I never played 360 until I bought NHL for it as well (may be one of the only people to play NHL on both consoles), have been grinding hard in drop ins to get built up (Vet 2 status so far), and moving things up makes it that much harder for me to potentially make a better impression on management to take a chance on me.

2) I vote No as a League Member, because I'm convinced that rushing anything after putting a plan in place will always create more problems then they are worth. I respect those chomping at the bit to play, as I am one of them, but I completely agree that the holiday factor makes this more of a challenge, and that if you truly want to get to a goal, stick with your original plan.

My advice would be compromise if Management feels change is needed. Add one more week back to the Clock. One week sooner than planned, but one week more to make sure things look as we all desire.

fkncommishlb
  5. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    When I sent Brodie the whole CHL proposal I actually scaled things back with AHL and CHL. I think it was 50/35/25 which put average salaries at 3.57/2.33/1.79 allowing for a greater upwards flow of players. That was prior to AGM's having salaries. I actually still have the whole thing saved in word. I don't think we will ever see a change in the salary structure sans the minimums and bid amounts we got this year.

This obviously is incorrect.

They don't NHL was always greater the problem was the AHL/CHL being at the same amount and the upwards flow was stifled.

Sevv_09
  6. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
  7. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    I want to put up some dates so people understand why this was moved up. It's important to understand that the start of bidding is not the start of actual on ice play.

NHL Bidding takes place Jan 5th to Jan 12th
    AHL Bidding Jan 12th to Jan 19th
    NHL/AHL 1 Week pre-season starts Jan 20th-Jan 24th

First on ice action starts Jan 26th.
    ^^ This is the important date to understand. Actual game time is still over 1 month and 2 days away. If we kept the old dates, the start of week 1 would have been February 9th to Feb-13th About 8 weeks away from today.

A lot of expressed concern for the numbers for the CHL. Again based on these dates posted above, the CHL bidding isn't set to take place until after the NHL and AHL bidding which is Jan 20th. Meaning we still have nearly a full month of open time for signups. To put that in contrast the signups only went up at the end of November and in less then a month we have over 1200, and another open month left.

Based on this this overall type of thinking, this is why it was deemed beneficial to move up everything by 2 weeks.

8. NeNe

NeNe NeNe Speaks Truth

Ratings:
    +1,247 / 0 / -7
    [video=youtube;p8hX0pFNZK4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8hX0pFNZK4[/video]

Space_Jam_XVII
  9. Ayohh

Ayohh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +944 / 11 / -18
    Mark's salary adjustment plan for the lower leagues is something that has been desperately needed in multi-tiered leagues for a while now. It doesn't make much sense that there were AHL players who had contracts worth more than 95% of NHL players. I would even take it a step further than how Mark had it though. I'd drop it from 40/20/10 to 40/10/5. Those contracts down there should be dirt cheap. It should operate just like how the NHL does it. When a AHL player gets called up, they take on an increased salary for playing in an NHL game, which stays with them the rest of the season. So keep the AHL salaries low, and then bump them up if they called up. There should be more NHL players getting waived down to the AHL and more AHLers getting called up to the show. If a team wants to call up a bunch of AHLers and have all kinds of cap room, more power to them. Everyone had a chance to pick those guys twice, so there can't be a complaint.

Only caveat I give is that you can't let people sign up late and go to the NHL in that system. I haven't read the rules, but if I were to sign up after NHL teams are picked and was placed in a discounted AHL bidding, a team could grab an NHL caliber player pretty cheaply.

Ayohhhh
  10. D1NGO 13

D1NGO 13 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D1NGO 13#8518
    Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Terrible.

No Streaming Account
  11. HansonX91

HansonX91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 1 / -3
    Get pissed on Nuge

aimbothanson
  12. TKOxHelocentric

TKOxHelocentric Elite Pylon

Ratings:
    +107 / 1 / -3
    Yes but if say that player had a low salary let say the reduce the CHL min to 50k for an example then to have him take a 500k salary to be in the NHL then they try to send him back at that point he take a 10th of their max salary. what if they then cant send him back down then they would either have to keep him or drop him.

iizowenzii
  13. XioGSheppy

XioGSheppy The Hockey GShep

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -1
    Well this will prove to be a fun season.... already have 2 examples of lack of communication within the league.

1. BOG Interviews get "rushed" (no doubt to this advanced date), and you get told that you were not interviewed because you weren't on XBL when they were doing interviews. But, instead of sending you a XBL message or PM, they just blow right by you and practically say "fuck you". <<< Yeah, a little salty about that if you couldn't tell.

2. Date advancement apparently isn't talked to the owners/management, and is quickly done by league staff.

Can only see this getting worse during the season.

-----

In line with this post though, I voted no. Again, as stated before, this is an important season with a merger of LG/VHL, and the works. It is better to take it slow, then to rush things and have to deal with any consequences down the road.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
    theshepoflg
  14. Buddy Roberts

Buddy Roberts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +493 / 112 / -54
    You can't rush perfection.

BuddyRoberts
  15. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    And you know what I'm sure that it would be a different reaction if people knew it was coming. If the owners had voted on it, as we currently don't have enough people for the second tier of bidding CHL management etc that doesn't count for sign up decay let alone for the extra numbers for those who signed up that will either be blacklisted or don't care anymore. If we had the proper numbers to cover everything and bidding was moved up again it softens the reaction. For NHL teams whose owners are still actively playing in the league hell 2 just finished last night and at least 2 are in the Chicago/NJ series if they were traveling for Christmas and were loyal to their teams they possibly only will have a 4 day off season. Also AHL Biddint would end the 18th and CHL bidding would start the 19th. Those dates are off.

Two things that rubbed a lot of the VHL guys the wrong way was being lied to (regardless if you feel it was or not the community was told one thing now another) and being told "this is best for you" without having the input taken.

Sevv_09
  16. SnazzyBarbecue

SnazzyBarbecue The Bunny > Your face

Ratings:
    +733 / 0 / -1
    Salmon Comic Sans

No Streaming Account
  17. Kodyyy

Kodyyy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,160 / 7 / -4
    Didn't bother reading too much past Mark's post, but the reason Mark's idea was never implemented is because talented players could sign up for AHL or CHL bidding, get disturbingly low contracts, and then get called up for cheap. If you want to get into a two-way contract sort of system that's the only way that could work, but in the end it would likely cause more harm than good.

As for people talking about the staff making decisions without consulting the league first, the vast majority of the playerbase simply isn't vocal and/or doesn't care about any of this stuff. They show up and play. The reason the staff are there is that they're trusted to make decisions that they deem best for everyone. The process they go through to make these decisions can and should vary based on each situation. Am I saying I necessarily agree with this or other decisions? Not always, but it really isn't a big deal that they didn't try to discover the opinion of every last person.

Melroses_Mullet
  18. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    I'm sure the 12 days we still have left before bidding will be enough. I have already heard of many people that are just waiting until it gets closer to bidding time to get started so they can maybe have a better chance of not being recognized by other management so they can go for cheaper. The few days before bidding actually starts is likely to see an increase in signups in my opinion. I think it will all work smoothly still. Also if you are management, you should already have your guys that you want in a google doc, and the backup plans, and your backup to your backup plans already set up.

TheHeroicDuck
  19. SillySook613

SillySook613 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    sillysook613#0
    Ratings:
    +1,096 / 5 / -29
    I dont understand how this is an issue. From what I can tell, most teams have had their owners and general managers selected for awhile now. these teams should already havve an idea of how they want to go about bidding. scouting games have already been well underway, and there is still time to get some in before the 5th.

As for numbers, we need 17 players for 30 teams whixh xomes out to 510 players (I know I have sick math skills). for the NHL, that is MORE than enough to choose from. It's like Tris said as well, people can sign up still for AHL and CHL bidding.

I think that there really aren't many benefits to having an extra two weeks to prepare. It is never a good thing to kill the hype for leagues/ tourneys. im thinking modtly back to the canam tourney last year where it just became a drag because we waited to long to do it, but thats just my two cents.

Oh, andNuge is NOT smarter than a Bizzle

No Streaming Account
  20. Known as Dub

Known as Dub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,641 / 4 / -6
    [video=youtube;OmGgV-2JNnM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmGgV-2JNnM[/video]

No Streaming Account