Season 15 Released Information!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Ozzyng2, Mar 28, 2013.

1. ClarkesKids

ClarkesKids #6 LD/RD - Clarke

Discord:
    ClarkesKids#7109
    Ratings:
    +433 / 0 / -2
    @ Replay, chirping and friendly banter is one thing but of course some will take it well and some won't, the key is to know who does and who doesn't and follow accordingly. Besides nothing a genuine apology cant fix. So if someone is offended, take notice, apologize, be the bigger man and then it stays controlled.

What we want to avoid is free run of doucehbaggery all over the site and in every thread, we want every member to feel welcome, part of a community and involved in the league, no need to point out players who are worse then you, maybe instead let sleeping dogs lye.

You dont have to defend yourself at all, we are merely discussing direction of league and all points are valid.

No Streaming Account
  2. DK Don Cherry

DK Don Cherry Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I had a good time here the last two seasons, minus the late start times. That being said I think Owner selections will really determine how much parity there is in the league. People have made mention of the best 6's players not having the best attitude when it comes to being stand up people. It's not just the top players who will act like this & some of the actions will fall in the grey area.

Example: I'm a mid-level player somewhat active in the EASHL 6s clubs, more so in the past than the present. Over the last couple years I've developed a knowledge (right or wrong) of other 6's players I know to be active in said area & opinions have been formed on who I see as above, on par, or below my skill level. If I'm looking at the list of Management come scouting time I'm going to gravitate towards the names that I recognize and place more of an emphasis on the people I personally like and then go by skill level descending.

^^ Is planning out who you want to scout for considered devious? Not in my eyes, it's more just natural behaviour. If this type of thought process happens again and again the Management not involved in the 6s community are going to see their scouting threads with 1/3 of the replies and they'll enter the draft with a weaker roster in mind. Obviously there are exceptions to this, sometimes unknown chemistry will beat publicly accepted talent but that's not the normal result.

I understand selections are limited to those who actually sign up and have time to dedicate. Hopefully I'm completely wrong and all the teams are balanced. Good luck to everyone next season.

dk_doncherry
  3. i4mb3c0m3d34th

i4mb3c0m3d34th I AM BECOME DEATH

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    No, that is completely respectable. HOWEVER, throwing scouting matches when scouting for non-desired teams is devious. I'll be getting into as many of the scouting games as possible - and let it be warned, I will be recording most (if not all) games I'm in, so everyone will be able to see.

No Streaming Account
  4. Special313k

Special313k Most Amazing Show On Ice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When does scouting open? Will NHL scouting games be scheduled on the main forum?

No Streaming Account
  5. ReplayChr1s

ReplayChr1s Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +784 / 12 / -37
    Exactly my point DK, glad you said that. And for hotgurl, since I can't say what I actually feel due to me possibly getting banned I will just say it nicely that a lot of people felt you were a nuisance to the team and the reason that I don't like you and have taken exception to you Is because you tried to get my owner in trouble even though he didn't do anything wrong and you just didn't understand how the league works only being in it for a week or two.

No Streaming Account
  6. MLGesusl92l

MLGesusl92l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 6 / -8
    I tried to get your owner in trouble? Please elaborate on this.....however the first part of your response shows you are a hypocrite in saying you don't know why people take things so serious and blah blah blah. lmao

No Streaming Account
  7. TINO45CAL

TINO45CAL Warning Group

Discord:
    jfmartineau#0
    Ratings:
    +4,310 / 63 / -145
    Id say most Scouting games will be listed in the pickup games feature.

[​IMG]

tino45
  8. Mr_Invidious

Mr_Invidious Sports Business Professional, Bad eSports Player

Ratings:
    +592 / 3 / -5
    I figure we won't see scouting games open up and be scheduled until all positions in terms of ownership and management have been filled. I know Ozzy and his staff are currently working on those remaining owner spots as we speak.

No Streaming Account
  9. MLGesusl92l

Ratings:
    +210 / 6 / -8
    Scouting games have already started.

No Streaming Account
  10. StagGhost

StagGhost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Yes I have put up three scouting games over the next three nights... and will schedule more down the road.

No Streaming Account
  11. Richybaby

Richybaby Mtl Habs fan baby!

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Are they for the next season or the current one? Just cameback to LG and i dont know where you guys are in the S14

No Streaming Account
  12. MLGesusl92l

Ratings:
    +210 / 6 / -8
    Read the first page of this and it will explain everything. Scouting games are so you are eligible for S15 NHL draft.

No Streaming Account
  13. Known as Dub

Known as Dub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,641 / 4 / -6
    I think the bigger problem will be owner selections, which will get rid of some of the parody you're trying to create with the draft. I see 3 teams coming from this based on the owners I've seen listed so far:

1) EASHL teams: Owners know the top 6s players and will go after them and have their way with most of the teams throughout the season
    2) Mixed teams: These owners have some knowledge of top players as well as players who've been around LG for a while. Should finish around the playoff bubble.
    3) Buddy teams: Owners will select their LG lifer friends. Will most likely struggle the entire season vs teams 1&2.

No Streaming Account
  14. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    I don't think we have any of the #3, although we do have some new guys with a lot of potential that might fall into this category and fall short on player knowledge. If these guys do their homework they maybe able to keep their head above water & surprise people. Also, don't forget the hidden unknown gems, leagues are a great place to find those future top tier players nobody knew.

15. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    Drew.jpg Drew.jpg Drew.jpg

MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  16. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Oh look, there's one now!

BTW, I'll also take credit for PHJ becoming someone in the VHL. He was a club mate of mine that I had to persuade to join. He's a great guy and never heard a bad word spoken about him.

...the list goes on and on

17. Williams x12x

Williams x12x #WillyAfterDark

Discord:
    Williams x12x#8346
    Ratings:
    +730 / 15 / -22
    Havent you dislocated your shoulder yet from patting yourself on the back so much? We know! You do things!!!

Williamsx12x
  18. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    No, I have people like you to rub my back, give me sponge baths and change my depends.

19. tpblue

tpblue Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -1
    Hey Williams hope you get paid large for that!!!

No Streaming Account
  20. bevstrong72

bevstrong72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -2
    When are these scouting games going to be up?

No Streaming Account