Season 15 Released Information!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Ozzyng2, Mar 28, 2013.

1. EagleEyeFoley

EagleEyeFoley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,484 / 1 / -2
    EagleEyeFoley1
  2. Vaporize 17

Vaporize 17 Clamps Island

Discord:
    T1 Clamps#5322
    Ratings:
    +830 / 21 / -48
    Season 15 Draft
    On April 21st, owners will conduct an official draft from the draft list. Only players who meet the league eligibility* will be put on this list.
    NHL draft eligibility:

• A player with a minimum 12 games played (AHL/NHL) in Season 14
    • A player signing up and completing mandatory scouting with 8 teams

AHL draft eligibility:

• Any player going undrafted in the NHL draft.
    • Any new sign up after the NHL draft but before the AHL draft date.
    • Any player not meeting the required mandatory scouting games.

this rule is dumb i think everyone should be NHL draft eligible and players that are not drafted go in to the AHL draft and be called up if they want to like real hockey. Also the mandatory scouting games are dumb in my opinion the owners need to do there own scouting if the owners don't know who are good players that's on them and them not being aware of the 6's community. I Just think some stuff need to be taking in to consideration. also how the hell are we supposed to get 8 scouting games in if its all voluntary i just don't get it yet played with 2 owners so far but i just don't see this happening for all the new players in the league and them getting there games in.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    Vaporize_17
  3. Mattais37

Mattais37 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Nice to see a league where actual questions get answered by league officials.

No Streaming Account
  4. Mr_Invidious

Mr_Invidious Sports Business Professional, Bad eSports Player

Ratings:
    +592 / 3 / -5
    The reason that scouting games are mandatory for those just entering the league or for those who have not previously met the games played requirements is to determine a player's dedication to being an active member of the league. It may be debatable on the exact number of scouting games one should play in order to be NHL eligible, but it's a wash really. If you want to be NHL eligible, it isn't too difficult to get into some scouting games when there's a little less than 3 weeks until the draft. The only problem I had earlier is when I was under the impression that those who had met the GP requirement still had to partake in the 8 scouting games.

All Owners should be given a chance to fill their scouting games with all caliber levels of players. Don't allow owners who happen to know new guys who may excel at the game by keeping them secret to everyone else. Instead, let the owners who can properly evaluate talent when it's shown in front of them benefit from this system. This isn't the "6's community".

No Streaming Account
  5. Plymmy11

Plymmy11 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Plymmy11#2563
    Ratings:
    +463 / 10 / -25
    Players or management who try to circumvent the sign up or scouting system are not people we wish to have here. Every Owner should have the exact same opportunity to get to know everyone in the community on a game by game basis.

It's not hard to play 8 games between now and the draft. Anyone who can't make that happen probably doesn't deserve to be here anyway or won't be an upstanding member of the community. We don't want people who will do the "bare minimum" in order to play. It's a privilege to play here and take advantage of all the things this website provides. If you can't hold up your end of the deal or wish to make excuses, this probably isn't the place for you.

No Streaming Account
  6. dMerch

dMerch ShotMASTA5000

Ratings:
    +189 / 28 / -48
    i can see this, but what about a guy like me who signed up late in S14, has done everything possible to get as many games in (ask my gm's) and still cant get 12. Why shouldnt I be NHL eligible?

dmerchh
  7. Mav x19x

Mav x19x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 18 / -31
    Because you don't have enough games in for the owners to base themselves on.

I could see a hybrid system though.. for guys like dMerch. If you played x amount of game (let's say half.. 6), then you only need 4 scouting games. Just an idea..

Maverik19
  8. MLGesusl92l

MLGesusl92l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 6 / -8
    You don't need a certain amount of scouting games......you need 8 owners to see you. So that could be any number of scouting games.

No Streaming Account
  9. dMerch

dMerch ShotMASTA5000

Ratings:
    +189 / 28 / -48
    i know of atleast 4 owners who know me, ive scouted for a few already, and i will scout for the rest if need be, just probably wont be able to get 12 games in S14. What im saying is if enough owners can grade me why should i have to get 12 games in for S14 first?

dmerchh
  10. Plymmy11

Plymmy11 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Plymmy11#2563
    Ratings:
    +463 / 10 / -25
    I think there is probably a middle ground to be found here. 12 games is a good number but perhaps if it was a combination of the two. Say you get 8 games done as a player this year, then you would only need to scout for 4 more teams in the offseason. I'd like to propose that 12 games in any combination of last season's games played and scouting in the offseason counts towards your eligibility.

Would that be fair?

No Streaming Account
  11. Vaporize 17

Discord:
    T1 Clamps#5322
    Ratings:
    +830 / 21 / -48
    What i'm saying is that what if its 5 days till the draft and a new player signs up and see that he has to do scouting games he would hate the fact that he would play in the AHL and probably won't stay on the the site. Also with those type of rules its not fair to other people in my opinion. We Should just have one big draft and all the players who don't make it go into a AHL Draft and can get called up if they need to. For example if you are an owner and you draft your NHL team you draft for your AHL team also unless that don't work like that i'm not sure. Also for new players it would be crazy for them to get games in with 8 owners in that short of time period. I'm not complaining i'm getting my scouting games in but this is just my opinion if i was a late sign up but i'm not.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    Vaporize_17
  12. Mr_Invidious

Ratings:
    +592 / 3 / -5
    This then motivates people to sign-up now rather than later. If players sign-up so close to the draft and are unable to get their scouting games in, that's unfortunate but this is the same for any other league; there are deadlines. If the league were to just simply allow all players to enter one large draft pool without any scouting requirements, this then turns into a "who knows who" affair. Owners aren't given the chance to assess talent and some owners would be given an unfair advantage if certain skilled players were to enter the league quietly, and almost undetected.

No Streaming Account
  13. Vaporize 17

Discord:
    T1 Clamps#5322
    Ratings:
    +830 / 21 / -48
    I see where you're coming from i just think there's other ways to scout players like just go on the La website and check there stats and i think you can look at old stats on here also so i mean for late player sign ups i think it's not fair to them if they don't know about the site everyone should get a fair shot at the draft.

Vaporize_17
  14. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    @Vapor

Did you read the last condition?

15. Mr_Invidious

Ratings:
    +592 / 3 / -5
    Everyone knows the saying "stats never lie" is often a fallacy. There are points where stats are useful to take into account when evaluating a player's overall performance, but it's not an accurate means of scouting when just left by itself.

Everyone DOES get a fair shot at the draft. If a player signs-up late, then that's their own fault. If that said player didn't know about the league until it were too late, then that's unfortunate but they have the opportunity to qualify for the NHL at a later date. There isn't a viable alternative. This system allows owners to accurate assess talent with their own eyes rather than rely on who they know or try and guess based on some numbers. Fairness throughout to all management teams.

No Streaming Account
  16. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Updated the OP with league personnel & complete owner list....stay tuned for teams & GM's!

17. Vaporize 17

Discord:
    T1 Clamps#5322
    Ratings:
    +830 / 21 / -48
    "Scouting"
    To be scouted by 8 teams, means that 8 teams need to acknowledge they know your playing ability and can assess it fairly and consider if and where they would want to draft you.

Acceptable scouting techniques:

• Playing in a planned/schedule scouting game (1 or more)
    • Having played with or against a person on a regular bases in another league
    • Have played with or against a player regularly in club or other EASHL situation such as OTP

*Owners who mark a player as scouted are testifying that they know the player's ability and can determine their value in the league. Any owner(s) found marking players as a favor or unjust reasons may be subject to league discipline.

what if a player does 8 scouting games and the owner don't let you know if you were put down and you get shafted this rule makes no sense. For Example some owners don't like me yet i play in the scouting games and they don't count them as game???? So i just wasted my time by playing in a scouting game i just don't like this idea.

Vaporize_17
  18. BiLLs 39

BiLLs 39 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bills39#0
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Just signed up and id like to participate in scouting games :)
    If intrested send me a friend request thanks.

Bills_39
  19. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    I highly doubt that will be a issue.
    Im not giving favors to any1, i want to play with the guys and know they care enough to show up and be in the party. Then hell yeah youll get my tick, but if you dog it and not even be in the game chat, i may forget to put you to my public list.
    Those are "acceptable techniques" im looking more at #1 than anything else. Honestly WHO DOESN'T like 6s lobbies?

AHL Dudes: i feel bad for my entire Baby Pens Roster,i wish we just called it the "waiting list league", Some deserve to be bumped to eligibility, but having to play a couple games in a likely PACKED 6s lobby isn't that bad.

No Streaming Account
  20. Vaporize 17

Discord:
    T1 Clamps#5322
    Ratings:
    +830 / 21 / -48
    I don't know if you guys have been reading but this proves my point. "i may forget to put you to my public list" So for late sign up guys if they do show up and make all there games with the owners and the owner decides this guy is not good enough or i don't like this guy he don't count for a scouting game and i'm not putting him on the list. Makes alot of sense to me. Whats the whole point of scouting then if they don't have to put you on there list hellllllloooooooooooooooo!!!!!! I'm only throwing out these scenarios because i think this will happen to some people and its really unfair what i say does have a purpose. I'm not saying that this will happen but it is a possibility it's just not fair to other people. I think if they have signed up played there scouting games with 8 different owners they should be put down anyways who cares if they play bad or don't talk in a party its called scouting not social activities and there's no mandatory rule stating they have to play more games with the owners if the owners want to see players more ask them just don't say i'm not going to put you down as not scouted even though he or she has played there scouting games. I mean does that really make sense? Not that i'm aware of. All in all im just trying to help out the league this scouting rule/Owners not putting people who have been scouted on the list is just flawed and most likely going to cause problem's in my opinion. Take it how you want but this is the TRUTH not a rant.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
    Vaporize_17