wanna get this off my chest

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by FiGS42, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    Sorry i'm late!

And a counter to the "Not everyone checks the site every day" argument:

If you know that you are in a league that has sign ups/deadlines to do things, it's your responsibility to make time to check in and ensure your team is set up. It's no different from making sure to check the schedule at Wal-Mart so you know when your next shift is. The fault is no ones but the teams/players who screwed up and from the sounds of it 2 or 3 of the 4 violators understand that.

Now excuse me... I have gold medal to win.

• Like Like x 8
    No Streaming Account
  2. BALLZY15

BALLZY15 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Ballzy#3685
    Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -5
    Normally I'd say these rants have no grounds, but in this case I do not disagree with figs. Now Nuge did set the rules and its our job to abide by those rules whether we like them or not so I wouldn't get mad at him. However, as most people know some players change teams more often than I change my underwear which is crazy. A team should not be penalized for one gamer's indecision. Therefore, I suggest unlimited roster moves until the money is in. At the end of the day if a teams pays 110 bucks then they've covered the cost of the team. Lastly, with all the shit with servers and headaches before this one, penalties for roster submissions seems excessive.

Just an opinion, not meant to rustle any feathers. Good luck to all

No Streaming Account
  3. Franchise Matty

Franchise Matty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    nonhumanmatty#0
    Ratings:
    +224 / 2 / -13
    I have no problem paying the extra 10 dollars, it is the way nuge went about this with figs on purpose. figs asked nuge before the deadline about the player who left our team for another and that we wanted to replace him with luffy. nuge said ok so you can replace him but if you replace someone else (we were leaning towards getting doolus also) we would have to pay for the next one. what happened to that a day later nuge? does your word mean nothing? we told you the exact roster change but because we didnt edit and instead told you we are punished with no more paid replacements and paying 10 more upfront.

No Streaming Account
  4. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Adams is taking things too an extreme and getting or track about the actual point of the argument of us not being notified and players wanting to jump teams and us not forcing them to stay. I agree we do need to check things, that is very important and i do almost every day, but as i stated we all had 10 players in before the last roster deadline (WED May27th 11:59pm) was pushed back, which again was understandable and agreed upon almost unanimously by everyone in the tourney.

The main issue is he made the announcement that the rosters were due 3:57pm and that they had to be official that night at 11:59pm, without any notification. So even if you checked that day you may have missed it as you only really had 8 hours to know when exactly the rosters were due as the original thread still said Wednesday May 27th 11:59pm and we never really said a spefic time of how far we were pushing things back we just said roughly a week which would of been WED Jun3rd 11:59pm, but Nuge made the announcement THUR June4th at 3:57pm making it that night at midnight. Therefore, even if you checked the night before and had 10 you weren't sure, in my case the guys asked me if they could change teams to play with their buddies at like 10:00pm and i hadn't checked the site so i didn't really care then when i went on and after moose at like 11:30 i had to scramble to find to people and couldn't find 2 right away. Again, my team really doesn't care well pay the $10 bc we want to play, but it would be nice not to have to pay an extra $10 for no major reason and wed like to field a full 10 so we can be more active.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    SweeT9LoU84
  5. Fr33kOnTheStix

Fr33kOnTheStix borkborkbork

Ratings:
    +726 / 8 / -21
    Yeah, fuck Nuge.

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  6. BRIEREx

BRIEREx The Gr8 One

Discord:
    DannyBriere#2561
    Ratings:
    +627 / 15 / -24
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  7. EliteBe4TheKids

EliteBe4TheKids Well-Known Member

Discord:
    elitebe4thekids#0
    Ratings:
    +457 / 1,376 / -1,549
    Yall mother lovers need jesus

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    ridleywr24cb
  8. officialmark07

officialmark07 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,854 / 33 / -93
    Figs your team is giving away $100 anyways, why not $10 more?

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  9. Boz E Coyote

Boz E Coyote The Worst

Discord:
    bozzzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +2,296 / 33 / -46
    To clarify, our team had 9 players and we were waiting on Bass (amongst other candidates) to fill out our tenth spot. When the deadline was extended numerous people started making new commitments and it fucked us over. It is what it is.

That being said, I find it extremely ironic that we hold the teams to such a strict deadline in an unforeseen situation (extension and shuffling), but yet on the day of the tournament start- and as of now the ladder is open- we have half the teams semi-paid in and a list of 20+ "Free Agent" single buyins that have yet to be assigned to their proper team. Should we start docking a portion of LG's share of the prize pool as a late fee for each paid entry that has yet to be placed on their actual roster? When I click the roster page I should be able to see the teams as their players are paid in, not a list of teams with 4-5 members and 20 "Free Agents" waiting to be added to their rosters...

Either we all have to abide by timelines or we all don't. Only a fool would try to hold others to a certain standard that they cannot uphold on themselves. If we're trying to bring "respectability" and accountability to this tournament, it sure doesn't help when the rosters are a jumble. Quite bush league in fact...

• Like Like x 8
  10. Franchise Matty

Discord:
    nonhumanmatty#0
    Ratings:
    +224 / 2 / -13
    I did go completely extreme but my reasoning is that this is the one thing on xbox i truly still care about and I miss the competive hockey days, I was really looking forward to being on a decent team which i haven't been in a long time. I appologize for being immature, rude and probably a bit psychotic but the truth is I was in a car accident last november and as sad as it sounds this is all i have right now. So go ahead and make fun of me for being honest for a change like you all do on here now. I myself will pay the 10 extra. I just want to enjoy playing this game again nuge.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. nO Undies On

nO Undies On Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +692 / 4 / -13
    What da funk newg

No Streaming Account
  12. bfp7

bfp7 put em in a coffin.

Discord:
    bfp7#0
    Ratings:
    +1,671 / 33 / -70
    Canada_Canada

13. Kodyyy

Kodyyy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,160 / 7 / -4
    bingo. a good majority of teams aren't even paid in, so it's irrelevant. i'm not going through personally to piece together if there are any teams fully paid in, but from my understanding there are 3 teams fully paid in, and maybe 2-3(?) teams that are waiting for access. they'll have to wait a resounding hour tops from when teams would likely start playing anyway.

until more teams are paid in entirely, being able to look at rosters on that page is fairly irrelevant, no? you can look at it in the thread if you want to know that badly.

Melroses_Mullet
  14. act1veD

act1veD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +531 / 5 / -6
    Holy fuck, you idiots. Just follow the fucking directions.

As I've said before, shit like this makes me really question if people can even operate the fryer at a fucking McDonalds.

I second Perri's statement. Figs, nice chest.

• Like Like x 12
    No Streaming Account
  15. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    Theres a reason I had the payment deadline as Saturday, unfortunately a close friend of mine had his fucking wedding tonight. Sorry I couldnt be hear to give you your precious access after you finished your payment at 9PM.

Hard deadlines dont work, but expecting me to be there to help you exactly when you finish your payments is wholly unrealistic.

Access will be given to teams shortly.

16. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    As of 2PM on Sunday the only Free Agent was "Q Spliff" who wasnt on a team, sorry I couldnt take a break from my life to deal with the late payments.

17. Franchise Matty

Discord:
    nonhumanmatty#0
    Ratings:
    +224 / 2 / -13
    i actually agree with you here, let the man have a life people.

No Streaming Account
  18. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    All players placed that were on a roster, not 100% sober so not sure where JewestOne fits but once I figure it out he'll be where he belongs.

19. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Jewest One is on my roster [MENTION=6796]NugeTV[/MENTION]

SweeT9LoU84
  20. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0