2005-2009 President

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by socalguy, Sep 5, 2004.

1. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well as we all know, the campaigns have been under way, and it is back to talking bad on the other candidate for another one of those years...only the 2nd one I have witnessed in my lifetime in America though.

But, who do you guys think will reign supreme? I don't want this to turn into a bashing thread, although it most likely will.

And please, don't just post Bush or Kerry. Explain your vote a little bit.

And also, I understand that is none of our business' really, I just want to see who is who. The law does say you do not have to speak of who you voted if you do not care to.

No Streaming Account
  2. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Republican 4 Life.

No Streaming Account
  3. SlapHappy

SlapHappy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ^^^^^ bah...

No Streaming Account
  4. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well if your from Texas it doesnt really matter who you want to vote for as Republicans always seem to win out anyways... thank god.

No Streaming Account
  5. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    <---------Need I say more, he is everything that Kerry is and more, Kerry just isn't all that liberal and that is going to hurt him, as the more left people will be voting for Nader in all likelyhood. I am just not a big fan of Kerry he flip flops all over the place on topics, signing one act that supports it, then later signing another that is against it. I am a proud conservative.

No Streaming Account
  6. Virtual Assassin

Virtual Assassin Champ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you know Dub yah will be president of the US EH again

No Streaming Account
  7. stljohnson

stljohnson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Look at this video, if you still continue to wanna vote for Kerry after this you have problems

This is alittle 11 minute documentary that was made for the republican national convention.

If you though Michael Moore's movie was enlightening you gotta see this:

Windows Media:
    http://media1.streamtoyou.com/rnc/RNC082304.wmv

Real Player:
    rtsp://real.stream2you.com/rnc/RNC082304.rm

and a link to the site where it is posted, and you can read some reviews about it from some big name guys: http://kerryoniraq.com/

No Streaming Account
  8. Pinstripe Moose

Pinstripe Moose Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Didn't bush say last week that the war on terrorism can't be won...then the next day said we would win it?

All politicians flip flop.

No Streaming Account
  9. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well of course peoples views will be changing, but Kerry goes from one side to the complete opposite all the time. Go to www.gop.com and look for the Kerry Flip Flop Olympics, a pretty intriguing game.

No Streaming Account
  10. Pinstripe Moose

Pinstripe Moose Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just want to know when the elections will be about real policies and this bashing crap will stop. The GOP is out of control this year...instead of answering important questions on important issues, they go after Kerry's war record and the fact he flip flops on so many issues.

I don't disagree with the flip flop agrument against Kerry...In fact he has been the most unproductive senator when it comes to voting or bringing voting to the floor. But with concerns to his war record...I don't really think Bush has a right to say anything.

No Streaming Account
  11. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I am going for Kerry, simple enough. Georgie boy isn't my cup of tea.

Gajeske85
  12. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    I must say i'm in COMLPETE shock anyone would want bush back for another 4 years, it completely boggles my mind. And most of the things i hear are "oh kerry this or kerry that", everyone is afraid of the unknown or what the republicans want you to think.

Personally i think this adminisation has been the worst i've ever witnessed and and bush should be on trail for his freedom not on the trail for reelection.

I'll try to break down why i feel hatred for this administration:

Enviroment / Energy Policies
    This admin. has been one of the worst for enviromental issue's. Gore had a plan to phase out the enternal combustion engine over 25 years and reduce or dependency or foreign Oil and eenergy Bush being the oil tycoon that he is believes the complete oopposite The energy policy that Bush and Cheny released in 2001 has a complete joke. Their message to the people was to continue doing what your doing, Continue leaving the room while the lights are on, continue driving yyourSUV's and our solution will be to ssimplybuild more power plants and get more foreign oil to fill those SUV's. There is no talk or reducing energy or conserving with was the moto back in the 80's and early 90's.
    the Kyoto Accord - Since bush's election was bought by so many oil and energy company's and these company's didn't agree with this accord it was dropped. Even though the entire world (including the USA) agreed to the terms to this promising initive. Again a complete step back for the enviroment and sending a clear message We play by our own rules.
    -Dripping in the Artic- Another issue i completely disagree with bush on.

Science
    Nothing bothers me more when a leader is influenced by his personal religion. Bush limited steam cell research would will be the wave of the future in medical science and will save millions of lives. Since bush is a right wing nut his judgement his clouded on this issue.
    Abortion - His personal opinion on this issue is well known and i'm sure if there was a chance he'd let his religious views block the will of the people on this issue.

Marriage
    -The issue of gay marriage lately has taken more headlines then the war in iraq. apparently bush feels the need to add an admendment to the constitution to block all gay marriages. I guess he see's this as a higher thread to the state then the tens of thousands being killed every year by gun violence... Go figure.

Terrorism
    Remember how angry we all felt sept 12th after shock turned into vengance? The most devastating attack on the western world in our own backyard. Well in the first meeting with his heads of anti-terrorism CBS's 60 minutes has reported by multiple sources that the first thing he told this group of people was "Iraq, find the link" . Again this was the worst and and more terrorflying attack we've seen and this "human''s first reaction is not who did this and where do we get them, but "how can i turn this into filling my personal hidden agenda". How many Iraq's were in the planes on sept 11th? How many have been to the terror camps ? There is 15,000 troops in Agf. fighting Bin Laden. So far he is still on the loose as is Mullar Mohamad Omar and Al Quada's second in change. Yet there is over 130,000 in iraq and they could have found Saddam and his brothers sooner. I'm not religious but i pray for all the innocent Iraq's dying and loosing limbs, for all the familys torn apart forever and for all the American soldiers out there in harms way for a war that needs not to be.

Leadership
    How can anyone follow a man with a double digit IQ? Bush stands for all thats wrong with privilege and the wealthily class. He used his name to open doors, getting into Yale, getting into the Skull and bones club. When called upon his country for war he dodged the draft and went to the National Guard where he skipped 6 months of training and was kicked out. (funny how these records are now missing).
    He led and then sunk 4 company's into bankrupcy before coming governor of Texas.
    While president, America has lost more jobs of any president since 1929, What happened in 1929? Well the great depression. He's turned a record surplus into a record defecate (even before 9/11).

Before 9/11 his approval rating was less then 50%, If it wasn't for 9/11 i'm pretty confidant we wouldn't have even won the GOP nomination.

13. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Fortunately, Canadians won't be voting in our election. ;)

No Streaming Account
  14. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank god.

No Streaming Account
  15. Derek92

Derek92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think that Bush will win.

No Streaming Account
  16. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK guys, this Canadian is allowed to sneak down across the border and post his vote lol.

No Streaming Account
  17. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If I had my way I'd make abortion illegal too. I really am dumbfounded as to why someone would want to murder their own child. If you dont want your child give them up for adoption.

Whoever said you had to be a genious to be a leader? :?

No Streaming Account
  18. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think women need to be more sensible. Don't go out and screw some guy if you know that you are not ready financially, or in any other way stable to have a child.

Yes not always is it consential, but more often than not.

And also, they should use the Firestation rule. You can drop off a child with no questions asked or anything, and he will be given a good home.

No Streaming Account
  19. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    See the problem with abortion is the way people see it. You made it sound that everyone should or is being forced to get one.
    Weather you agree with it or not thats not the issue, the issue is letting the woman or the couple HAVE the choice to. Not should they

20. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    oh and i forgot to mention how had he alinated america from the rest of the world.

Now does any bush supporter have an inteligent reason why they support him??