2005-2009 President

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by socalguy, Sep 5, 2004.

1. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any Kerry is going to fix these F-UPS? To all you Bush haters...what are your opinions on Kerry and do you really think he will solve any problems and make the U.S. a better country?

No Streaming Account
  2. windlessmoney

windlessmoney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if Kerry can actually fix the F-UPS but I think if Bush stays in office he not going to fix them either. I think like I said before we just need a change. We need a new face for our country and for the american people. I don't think you guys have anything to worry about because Bush probably going to win and then we will see if you guys are right, which I do hope you are right. So to answer your ? Do I think Kerry will fix the problems, I think that his views are more for the people to me. I think like I said before that Bush seems to have his own personal agenda. So there I do think American will be in better hands without Bush.

No Streaming Account
  3. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    This was in the news today

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&e=2&u=/nm/20040907/ts_nm/congress_deficit_dc

4. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So Tris10 if you were American would you vote Kerry? He is really that much better than Bush?

No Streaming Account
  5. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    In a heartbeat.
    And yes he's a lot better then Bush. First he's a smart man, He has a real understanding and care of the rest of the world (he was brought up in a military base in West Berlin). His father was a simple middle class man, He worked his way into Yale and into politics.

I also strongly believe in the democratic belief of "tax and spend" not spend and tax. Clinton was a better example of how this works (notice the record surplus in 2000).

I also respect Kerry for going to war and fighting for his country, Clearly Bush did everything in his power to dodge the draft. Kerry has seen live combat and knows the pain and stress's involoved war. No question in my mind he would start a war like Iraq that's a sham.

But most importantly he'll bring america back to the way it was about 5 years ago. When America was looked upon by the rest of the world as a peaceful leader in world events. Trying to make peace in Isreal, Stopping the spread of AIDS in africa....

6. windlessmoney

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You know it is scary that us as people are so scared of change that they will vote on people just because of a Republican Or Democratic title but not what is best for the country and their neighbors. I think that is another reason why we are HATED so much. We as people are HIPOCRITS and don't get me wrong I love being an African AMERICAN but some of the things that we as people stand for sucks. Yeah we suppose to be building Iraq into a better country, but what about the over 600 thousand homeless and starving here right in our back yard. Some one said it best last night, I am not going to say names but they said that is the NASA programs that important to keep funding them while our teachers are highly under paid, we are losing jobs, and most important we have kids and families starving and with out homes. GO NASA and all the other programs the could be cut and help people in our own back yard before we help IRAQ.

No Streaming Account
  7. Pinstripe Moose

Pinstripe Moose Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There is no way that Kerry could do any worse than Bush. And from a financial aspect, people forget that this war isn't being paid for now (imagine how crappy the economy would be then)...the bill's being passed for future generations. Does anyone remember growing up and getting pissed because we would have to fix the problems of our parents...well guess what...

Now I'm not saying Kerry is the answer, but a change is in order...Bush had his chance to do something great and dropped the ball.

No Streaming Account
  8. EQUIFAX

EQUIFAX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay let me preface this by saying this is not my viewpoint just playing devil's advocate here..

So what if the job of President is used for personal gain. That's what a job is for. I can advance my own lifestyle and if I make a difference in somebody's else's life then so be it.

Everyday on your jobs there is competition and you want to make yourself look good so that you can keep your job. Why can't the President of the US be that way.

No Streaming Account
  9. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    :shock:

Your discussion's done in your personal life don't kill 10,000's of people

10. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure about that... :)

No Streaming Account
  11. Pinstripe Moose

Pinstripe Moose Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok that may be presumptuous, but it would have to be very hard not to do a better job than Bush.

No Streaming Account
  12. windlessmoney

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree with pinstripe

No Streaming Account
  13. SlapHappy

SlapHappy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It pains me to post a supportive quote from a member of Team Bushwood (LOL...just kidding, Moose :wink: ):

Isn't that what this is all about?? We need a change. We need to stand up and show the rest of the world that we are prepared to make this change.

MP has asked about how sure we are of Kerry's ability to do a better job. Again, that's not the point. Let me rephrase this thought: wanting Bush removed from office IS NOT the same as believing that John Kerry has all the answers. Kerry may screw up the economy even worse than it already is, our unemployment rate may skyrocket, our deficit may grow to unheard of numbers, and our country may find itself in an even bigger hole. That's a chance I'm willing to take at this point. We need to remove Bush from office and hope for the best from his replacement.

It's not about often-meaningless policies this time around. It's something bigger, and much more tangible.

It's never been so important.

No Streaming Account
  14. windlessmoney

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    DIDO

No Streaming Account
  15. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is what I am not understanding, some of you guys are saying that we have turned isolationist and are only concerned about our selves and have cut ourselves out of the world scheme. But how could we be so isolationist if we are going out into the world and trying to improve other countries to the point where they actually have freedom from tyranny before we go and fix the problem of having homeless people?

Anyone who doesn't think that we are improving Iraq to be a more dependent and better governed nation needs to find someone in the Armed Forces and talk to them. People are proud of what they are doing over there. There is a saying that goes "No pain, no gain", the pain is the anguish of having to lose lives. I am not saying it is a good thing but it is certainly something that can not be prevented in a situation like this. People are going to die, this is War, it isn't a video game.

I think in due time things will pan out and should become relatively close to how they were about 5 years ago.

Also people don't understand that things that happen in the term previous to a president also affect his term. As Clinton was leaving office the economy was already on its way down, the 9/11 Attacks just dramatized this fluctuation more.

I just don't think that Kerry has that charizma to be a great leader for this country, and also to be the "change" that this country needs.

If you really want to help out with our country, follow the words of JFK. "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" Make an effort to clean up your neighborhood and just get out there and help. Bush could do a lot of things, but what is going to make the change successful or not, are the people who are involved in it.

That is all I have to say for now, I will check back in when my classes are done.

No Streaming Account
  16. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, considering the state of our country when Clinton got done with it, I think Bush has done a great job of turning things around.

17. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Bush has definitly turned the country around alright....

Just in the completly wrong and harmful direction

18. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL.. he has definitely helped the economy. It took him 3.2 years to do it, but it is turning around now.

19. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    What about 9/11 ? Washington post reported bush was on vacation 42% of the time from jan-aug in his first year... Maybe if he wasn't at his ranch or on the golf course so much maybe he could have setup a few meetings with R. Clack who desperately wanted to warn Bush about the growing threat of a terrorist attack?

20. windlessmoney

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Golden Golphers are you saying that bush has done a good, or better yet an average job?

No Streaming Account