2005-2009 President

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by socalguy, Sep 5, 2004.

1. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone who thinks the President, no matter who he is, isn't working when he's away from the White House is fooling themselves. The President attends to Presidentail business 7 days a week. Saturdays, Sundays, "vacations". Sure, on those vacations the Pres may play some golf or go fishing. But he's probably had a briefing or two in the morning and will have more during the day as needed. Plus everything he needs to do the job of President follows him around. Many of those "vacations" were trips to Camp David where the president meets with other world leaders. However, anyone who keeps up with world events and politics should know that the president of the United States is never really on vacation, and this is all true for ANY President of the United States.

If anyone knew that 9/11 in particular was coming and what the full details were, NO ONE WOULD HAVE BEEN ON VACATION!!!!! Before 9/11 there were hundreds of "threats" that were looked at. Oh, Osama wanted to attack America? Really? That sure was news in 2001. That threat was as vague as the alerts we get now.

42% figure debunked:

http://www.b-born.com/wp/index.php?p=141&more=1&c=1

No Streaming Account
  2. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My family on my Father's side are Diehard Democrats and this is the first year they're afraid to vote Democrat...

This is the problem.. we were isolationist before WW2. We tried to stick to ourselves and what happen powers jumped up and started to try and make empires.. ie Germany and Japan. We were stopping a tyrant and tyrants from taking over the world and what we found out later was that he was killing off jews.. (Which some people say was the reason.. We didnt even know about that until the end of the war)

History, we learn it so when the same problem rears its ugly head we know how to fix it... Well personally I believe we should have knocked Saddam out years ago.. we had the support, we had the reasons to do so but it took 10 years to do it and America is getting fried for it because everybody forgot what Suddam was all about... ie Kuwait PRO Republican.

im not a big fan of reducing the military.. I think we're only asking for trouble reducing the military.. PRO Republican

Im not saying that are money problems happen right when BUSH took office... I guess this is a disclaimer..lol.. Im a Clinton fan.. and I think people spent too much time during his tenure wanting to watch his personal life and not really looking what he did.. We had a surplus.. that BUSH quickly eliminated.. I got $200 wow.. :roll:. It was really bad business.. and like someone said 9/11 didnt help.. But there should be something that tells people when your plagued with a deficit dont give money away... that 200 dollars help me a whole lot.. PRO DEMOCRAT

Let me pose this question.. isolationist.. I would love to see that America focused its views back on America and forgot about the world... We make more enemies everyday because we're in everybody's business ... We're in everybody's face.. mcdonald's on every corner int he world.. and nothing but our worse shows up on TV. We're basically showing everybody that we're spoiled brats that needs a good whoopin.. How much longer do you think the tide will turn on us..? I think we're in such a mess that no matter who we elect, the tide in world opinion is turning on us, if not already. PUSH

Well shoot... this is the same situation we had 4 years ago with GORE and BUSH. We're stuck with two candidates that obiviously have there flaws and obiviously dont make there backers proud of them.. Do you know what I mean... It's hard to say Bush is the best choice and its really hard to say kerry is the best choice... BUT THAT IS ANOTHER PROBLEM IN ITSELF.. WHY, are we only limited to 5 or 6 candidates... Our party system needs to be reformed.. I honestly believe that "of the people, and for the people" DOES NOT exist anymore...

ohthis post wont end but i will make it... BLAH!!!!!

No Streaming Account
  3. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    It's not that anyone saw this specific attack coming, it's the fact that bush never took foreign terrorism on domestic soil seriously, or even paid attention to it.

As for that link, i'll take my credible Washington post source over that chicken website ;)

4. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Washington Post is about as credible as the National Enquirer.

No Streaming Account
  5. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327

How does someone who's been in office for 6 months get 54 days off?
    I get 10 days off in a year and i've been working the same job for 4 years and he's been president for 6 months.

Someone find me a stat of how much vaction time each president took in their first year in office!

6. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He has done a good job of dealing with everything.

First of all Tris, in this day in age you don't have to be in your office to communicate with people, especially if your the president. You can have tele-conferences, video conferences, communicate via-email. And if you want to talk about being absent, Kerry isn't going to do much of a better job, he was absent for many of the discussions and voting on various bills, especially those relating to intelligence. So if you think that it is going to be drastically different, your dead wrong.

No Streaming Account
  7. windlessmoney

windlessmoney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    nosice wrote, " It's hard to say Bush is the best choice and its really hard to say kerry is the best choice... "

I think nosice is right but I dont think that Bush should get another shot at this thing. I think we shoudl atleast give Kerry a try and if he F-UP I will put the first post on here saying let the next guy get a shot.

Tris oh man you brought out some lumber buddy.

No Streaming Account
  8. Golden Gophers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Unless Tris is telepathic he really didn't bring out any lumber at all, cuz he doesn't know how much thought that Bush put into terrorism.

No Streaming Account
  9. windlessmoney

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Kerry can't do much worse than Bush, I woudl like to see some one else do the job.

Just like in sports your QB isn't leading sit him on the Bench go with the next guy, I mean you don't know what the next guy can do, but you put him in anyway.

Same thing Bush have threw some curve balls and then said he threw changeups. Its time he be yanked

No Streaming Account
  10. Golden Gophers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Kerry just doesn't strike me as much of a leader, he just doesn't have that quality in my eye, and that is why I don't see putting my faith in him or giving him the shot.

I know you are just using sports as an analogy, but there is a lot more to the presidency than just the President, just like a QB in football. You can have the best possibly QB in the world, but if he doesn't have people that are also good surrounding him, he will only be as good as them. Bush has surrounded himself with a good cabinet of people.

Kerry just doesn't have what it is, and it is something that you just have to feel, it isn't something that words can explain, you just know whether or not a person has it.

I also don't get why everyone thinks that Kerry is going to be so much better than Bush, as they are primarily the same except for the "it" factor. They both are pretty much big business, both were skull and bones members, both went to Yale, both inherited their wealth by some means, etc....the only differences are on gay marriages, abortion, and the "it" factor. The it factor is a grey area in which you basically have to trust your gut. I don't know what else to say, but that I just don't see Kerry as being a great leader.

No Streaming Account
  11. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Democrats should've chosen Al Sharpton to run for them. :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  12. windlessmoney

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Al Sharpton that the stupids crap I heard in a long time.

No Streaming Account
  13. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was joking. :roll: :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  14. SlapHappy

SlapHappy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have yet to fully understand the purpose of someone declaring himself a democrat or a republican. We should all just try to figure out who's the best candidate, then vote accordingly. I've always found the whole party vs party thing to be a bit silly.

Oh, and btw......that Al Sharpton thing was some funny shitt. :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  15. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is exactly what I do. I don't declare either one, but some of these discussions sure want me too.:?

16. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree, but usually the party lines are pretty clear on major issues (abortion, gun control, taxation, gov't spending, and some other ones I'm sure that I've missed, etc) which is why there is partisan politics. For some, just one of those issues is enough to tip the scales irreversably.... so they vote on party no matter what.

No Streaming Account
  17. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that's true.. xboxjon.. but what if you want whats down the middle? They dont give you those candidates..lol

No Streaming Account
  18. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are you talking about eating at the Y? :laugh: :wink:

No Streaming Account
  19. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Those are called wasted votes. :wink: Ross Perot anyone?

No Streaming Account
  20. Golden Gophers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They are not wasted votes, I can't stand when people say that. Do you really think Bush would have won in 2000 if Nader hadn't stayed in the race? He would not have, so you are still helping to predict the outcome. People take voting too lightly and think that their one vote doesn't mean anything, but if everybody voted I am positive that their would be much different outcomes in recent elections. Voting is such a great priviledge that too many americans take for granted.

And on the party things, it helps to know who is of like mind to you. Just because you are Republican doesn't mean that you can not appease Democrats, I mean look at McCain, he is liked by both parties even though he declares himself a Republican.

No Streaming Account