2005-2009 President

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by socalguy, Sep 5, 2004.

1. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

HUH? They shouldnt have the choice to murder. I dont have the choice to kill anyone I dont want around me or dont like so why should they?

No Streaming Account
  2. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Is the pill murder or wearing a condom murder?

anyway thats all i'm going to say on abortion..

3. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No it isn't, because they are protecting themselves against it before it happens, instead of being complete idiots, getting pregnant, and then killing the baby.

No Streaming Account
  4. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My reason: I would rather have Bush over Kerry. Pick the lesser of 2 evils. It really has nothing to do with who I like more. I'm a republican so I vote republican no matter who the person is (unless they are a complete basket case of course). Not to mention it does you no good to vote democrat in Texas when they wont win this state anyways. 8)

No Streaming Account
  5. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nope but killing a fetus (child) sure as hell is.

No Streaming Account
  6. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Preventing conception is so much different than abortion, it's not even worth discussing. Don't you guys know that discussing abortion, religion, politics, etc on the internet is pretty much pointless?

No Streaming Account
  7. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i vote other, neither is good for america. bush has turned us into a isolated superpower of which the entire world despises. and the companies that do like us he helps big business outsource to the countries. kerry on the other hand is full of $hit. he has his entire campaign based on "well i am from kennedy country and my platform is i am not going to do what bush is doing" where are the fresh ideas? there aren't any. And to base a entire campaign on the fact i was a war hero and to use vietnam vets as a crutch to hopefully get you into the whitehouse is a farce. hopefully whoever wins is only keeping the seat warm for one of the younger upstart politicians i.e. bill frist, charles schumer who can come in with new ideas and hopefully end the good old boy mentality that is american politics.

No Streaming Account
  8. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Of course but what else would you suggest we talk about? :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  9. canucks33

canucks33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

true, condom and pills are just "contraceptive" to prevent the sperm adn egg to join and form a zygot ----> fetus ------> individual person.

abortion is a complete termination of "life form", and this im very well against of. if some people are totally against war, because of killing and murders........ where's the sense of agreeing in abortion??? :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  10. windlessmoney

windlessmoney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think that bush is going to win but I can't find any reason to vote for bush. Bush has messed up for 4 years already and why should we give him another 4 years to try to correct it. Breakdown: On anyones job if you have been F-ing up for 4 years how many employers would give you another 4 years to try to correct it. We as american people have the opportunity to fire this guy, but not saying that kerry would do much better. I just know that so many jobs have been lost, moved, and whatever and Bush does absolutley nothing. Everything Bush had/has been giving to him. I don't think that he cares about america but about his own personal agenda. Whatever that crap maybe. Tris10 is absolutley right.

No Streaming Account
  11. SlapHappy

SlapHappy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    EXACTLY

Don't any of you Bush-supporters realize what he has done? He's no different than some egomaniacal bully on a playground who blindly aspires to kick the shitt out of whatever kid rubs him the wrong way. He picked a fight with an entire country, and when it turned out that he didn't have a decent reason to pick the fight in the first place, he was too fukking proud to simply back up and admit that he was wrong. I, as an American who would like for this great country to have a chance at redeeming our image in the world's eyes, can't see how anyone would vote to keep him in office. It isn't about policies, because we all know the shitt these politicians spew before an election is mostly just pile after pile of "what-we-want-to-hear" jibber jabber. It's about the fact that George Bush has alienated us from the rest of the world, and we should feel obligated to send a message to the rest of the world that we don't support starting (and continuing) wars that have little or no merit.

Do any of you grasp morbid hilarity of the situation in Iraq? Does our administration actually think they're somehow helping that country? What a damn joke. George Bush's ego and pride have cost this country hundreds of young lives, and most of those kids would still be with us if Mr. Bush had simply admitted that he was wrong. I'm ashamed and embarassed that the man who once made me so proud to be an American (with his public showings of strength following the 9/11 attacks) now makes me wish I had a really loud megaphone, with which I could explain to the rest of the world that not all of us support the "war".

I normally don't have any sort of an opinion around election time, because as I said, the candidates are only spouting off at the mouth about stuff they know we want to hear. But this year is different: I have NEVER wanted to cast a vote as badly as I do for John Kerry. And it has NOTHING to do with the fact that he's John Kerry; it's 100% because he's NOT George Bush, and I feel obligated to do my part to have him removed from office.

No Streaming Account
  12. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    It's good to see i'm not alone in actually being aware about what a horrible job bush has done.

Does anyone remember after sept 11th where the entire world would bend over backwards for us? Remember hearinf your National anthem played in the Red Sqaure or in Buckingham palace or even in China? The world grouped together and backed america like i've never seen and look whats happened since then

13. SlapHappy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like an educated Bush supporter to address my post directly. Seriously, I need some perspective on how people can turn a blind eye to what's going on right now.

No Streaming Account
  14. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    as bad as bush is that doesn't mean kerry is the end-all be all. it is a lose lose situation all around. when kerry comes out with idea's of his own rather than just say i'd do it different than bush then maybe i personally could see him as a solution.

No Streaming Account
  15. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    I like his idea where he's going to get in touch and rebuild the bridges with america's alies

16. SlapHappy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's not the point, Kev.

No Streaming Account
  17. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You don't think that we are improving Iraq? Do you know anyone in the Army that is over there? Maybe they could set you straight...there are a lot of people over there that are proud of what they are doing. They are improving that country little by little, setting up power plants and other utilities, instilling a new form of goverment, and many other things. They are starting from scratch with a fairly sized group of supporters. There are those still who hate and despise the US, and this is not because of Bush's actions, but because of what they have seen and the context of what they have seen.

The War on Iraq does have merit, I still don't understand why people say it has no merit and that we should not be over there. Bush used what he had to gain support and took out of power a very hostile and cruel man that does not deserve the title of a human being. He gased his own people. Now sure there are more leaders that are worse than him in the world, but there is a lot more at risk to taking them out of power. Rome wasn't built in a day, and so it will take a while to rid the world of all the leaders and it will take precise angles to do it as well, when the time is right and the setting is right, it will happen.

When you talk about losing of hundreds of kids lives for the war in Iraq for no purpose, you are doing nothing but degrading all that they have done for the country. The US Army not only protects our freedoms, but the freedoms of all peoples. When all is done in Iraq and some sense of peace is restored along with the infrastructure of a good economy and government is in place, you will see that it is worth fighting for to improve peoples lives and set up a country in which they are truly free from all the limitations that they were previously under.

Relationships with countries are not permanently severred, so I would not worry too much about everyone hating us for a little bit, and it is not everyone, but quite a few countries. I mean look at the situation with the Cold War, the USSR and US were complete enemies of each other and we completely turned that around within a decade or so within the end of the Cold War. It will take time to do this but I believe that "W" can do this after some other things are settled. There is a lot going on right now in the world and Bush has a lot on his plate. There is only so much you can swallow at a time and Bush has decided to push aside some of the relationships with countries to later consume and become one again. I think in due time and leadership under Bush that the country will be back on its way to being a friendly and open nation.

I hope that will suffice, but I am guessing not as you all seem to be diehard about a guy that isn't even much of a Democrat except for the issues of abortion and gay marriages.

No Streaming Account
  18. SlapHappy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    First of all, let me say this: Since waaay too many people in our country buy this "improving Iraq" garbage, and it is therefore almost inevitable that W is going to see the Oval Office again, I hope you're right. I really do. The man is probably going to be re-elected, and I hope all of you Bush-supporters are right about him someday going down in history as something other than "the President whose pride and ego killed hundreds of his own people."

As for your response, it will definitely suffice. But I still don't buy the "war." What country are we going to pick next to brighten up with our great way of life?? Getting Saddam was enough, but now our troops are stuck there. Our administration is killing Americans every day (I think the number was 7 yesterday) because we think our way of life should be spread around the world.

I'm not trying to degrade what the troops have done; but these were people's fathers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, mommies, daddies and it all still seems pretty "off" to me. How many more hundreds of young Americans are going to die in that crazy hellhole before we realize that not every problem has an American solution?

Enough is enough.

No Streaming Account
  19. MGM

MGM Inactive

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How could you ever declare victory on terrorism? It will be around forever and all you can really do is try an slow it down and make it more difficult for the terrorists to perform their brutality.

I think what the President was trying to convey is that you can never eliminate it, but you can gain the upper hand, which would be a victory in itself.

BTW.... W ALL THE WAY.

I'm in the financial business and I would hate to see what would happen to this economy if Kerry comes in and raises taxes. We are just now getting back to some sort of normalcy in the market after the last few years of hell. 2003 was awesome and things are picking up the last half of 2004...I want to build on that....Not tear it down and start all over.

No Streaming Account
  20. windlessmoney

windlessmoney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here we are again, the point of the matter is absolutely like Slap says. "W" I think is horrible and I am completely open minded. I am not a republican nor a democrat. I am independent and vote on whom ever I think can get the job done. I have seen points on Kerry flip flopping, but can anyone tell me 1 politician that doesn't. NO. Cased closed. Then to the point of taxes W gave the business owners the wealthy tax beaks but to create jobs is not to give the wealthy taxe breaks but by creating JOBS so the more poeple can spend money. When you give wealthy more money the don't spend it they save or invest which helps or economy minimally. Unlike if the 1.3 million people that lost their jobs actaully had money to spend on their families and everyday necessities.

Bush have been in office for almost 4 years and my thing is we as american need a change because we should allow this guy to have another 4 years to fix the F-UPS he has brought upon the US of A.

No Streaming Account