* New * NHL 19 Beta Feedback

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Jul 26, 2018.

1. l9l z e u s

l9l z e u s RETIRED

Ratings:
    +106 / 48 / -99
    Contact with the Goalie needs to be a penalty. I can’t tell you the number of goals that I’ve allowed in 50 or so games where the goalie gets bumped and then the person crashing the nets gets position and screens the goalie and it results in a goal. Protect the goalies more!

No Streaming Account
  2. l Saucy x 17 l

l Saucy x 17 l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 44 / -27
    Need gmc

No Streaming Account
  3. Bali_91

Bali_91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 10 / -21
    Fukin exactly!

bali_91
  4. Markz51

Markz51 Don't Hassle Me. I'm Local.

Discord:
    markz_51#0
    Ratings:
    +702 / 11 / -21
    I've definitely enjoyed playing the beta. The speed and agility is a breath of fresh air instead of steering the Titanic in 18. As a D-man i have no complaints on the pokes. Some people will have to break up that scar tissue from spamming. The game rewards you for being in position and bumping people off the puck.

My only complaints if i would even call them that are:

-Drop-in lobby timer is too long
    -Drop-in will freeze if everyone doesn't ready up in the lobby
    -While i like the idea of using the casual clothing in drops, some of the clothes are difficult to determine if they are home or away. For example, some of the zebra shirts, minnesota wild hoodie, and many others. makes it tough to tell who is on your team and it becomes a clusterfuck.
    -When opening up hockey bags, let me click on an item fresh out of the bag and select "apply to player". Pain in the ass to have to go out and find that item and put a new parka on. Tell EA to check with their pals at Madden with their menus on that kinda stuff.
    -Intermission and postgame menus are difficult to read. I was happy and content with what they were before. And to add a timer to how long i can look at the postgame is stupid especially in club. If i wanna sit there and beat off to my sub 500 CR in the player summary let me do it.
    -Post game summary only shows amount of powerplays that your team was on. Not if you were 1/3 or 0/2 on PP. Just says like 4 Powerplays.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to the release.

• Like Like x 1
    Markz_51
  5. Josh l96l

Josh l96l XB1 LGHL BOG/SC & Insta Legend: Jalbz follow it

Discord:
    JALBZ#5040
    Ratings:
    +326 / 22 / -21
    MORE CUSTOMIZATIONS!!!!
    It’s a start so far. But let’s add to it!

If you see nba2k one of the best parts of it is how many unlockable customizations you can get.

Ridiculous clothing items. Chains, blinged out helmets and sticks. Like I don’t even care if it’s stupid shit like wearing a fucking fedora as a helmet. Make it so that there are so many different unlockables. More reasons to grind out the game.

The more unique you can make your player compared to the rest. The more fun it is.

Use pts to purchase them or level idc.

Pretty much what I’m saying is.

Steal everything you can from MyPark and use it in this game!

Set up button mapping for different goal celebrations. Allow 2 different features.******

1. Allow everyone to do their own celebration after a goal. It would be hilarious to see teams do a bunch of random shit. (4 players fall do the ice as the goal scorer does the dive at them)

2. Have unlockable team celebrations in clubs as you reach certain milestones

3. Bring back the finger point celebration!

4. Add the common names to the game! Like you can have the most rediculous names in the world on this game but you can’t have names like Kanye.... or Josh lol

For the love of god. Fix the fucking server issue that puts east coast players in western or European servers at prime hours.

It’s been at least 3 years of this stupid shit.
    The glitches and errors everyone has probably listed it already so I’m not going to bother repeating it.

More unique content is my biggest thing!

Josh96_canucks
  6. Kxv-97

Kxv-97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +253 / 7 / -7
    BETA NOTES
    - Slightly tone the pokes, some are ridiculous, but other than that pokes are in a great spot and I hope not much changes with it.
    - Hits are fantastic, people that got away with not getting hit in 18 are finally on the end of receiving a crushing hit, love the spot it's in.
    - AI's in VS are not following plays I have set up and don't stick to where they're supposed to be at all, I run the same strats on 18 and they work fine, but in 19 they're all over the place and are terrible with managing their lanes when they easily should be. AI goalies are fantastic and stop most of the stuff they need to stop now, AI defense isn't OP thanks to them not board pinning anymore.
    - Passes are a little wonky, I've aimed directly at someone and it sometimes just throws it just out of their reach or completely away from them. I've played around with pass assist and it doesn't seem to change that.
    - EASHL 6's and 3's is in a wonderful spot as well. I haven't enjoyed 6's this much since 14.
    - One's is great, but stamina/hit tuning needs to be done, someone should never take 5 seconds to get up unless they're injured.
    - Hockey bags are fantastic, I love that you have to rely on chance to get an item you want, makes you want to play more.

FUTURE ADDITIONS/IMPROVEMENTS?
    - I'd like there to be a new slot that you receive for a special ability everytime you prestige. It would reward those who grind and would also be an incentive to grind.
    - Faster and easier menus

No Streaming Account
  7. mottly39

mottly39 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mottly39#2214
    Ratings:
    +341 / 32 / -37
    Hate the menus and the casual clothes in drops. Tone down poke check penalties.

• Winner Winner x 1
    mottly39
  8. kid zxro

kid zxro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 9 / -6
    Versus gameplay:

Still way too much AI involvement. Guys can still trap and skill zone with the AI blocking shots, getting in lanes, stick lifting and knocking down pucks. I like the pokes but it could be tweaked for a few less pims. Im just already getting games where guys 1-4 with no forecheck and collapse in the d zone and the cpu does everything but body check. They got rid of the launch but they still will stick lift and take the puck if guys switch off. Basically its starting to feel like 18 but with hits instead of pokes. Could be good, but it needs some tweaks.

No Streaming Account
  9. Levac27

Levac27 Most LG playoffs games played in NHL 20 seasons

Discord:
    Levac27#5851
    Ratings:
    +310 / 54 / -161
    Some games doesnt count or have wrong stats in points after games, has to fix it. Connection problem at start need to be fixed as well, tripping penalties is a bit too sensitive. Goalie has to be better overall. Everything else is great I like the way the player move quick, in general the game is way better and more fun to play than NHL18. I like the Chel mode

Levac27
  10. Levac27

Levac27 Most LG playoffs games played in NHL 20 seasons

Discord:
    Levac27#5851
    Ratings:
    +310 / 54 / -161
    Cpu has to be at superstar level in drop in amd club games please

Levac27
  11. Game Seven W

Game Seven W Welcome From Hell

Ratings:
    +215 / 67 / -120
    THE GAME IS GREAT
    IT FEELS LIKE NHL 09 BUT REMASTERED

TurezZz
  12. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    Reading through this made me laugh so so hard.

Game is just too too good.

Touch next to nothing.

zubov_x_21
  13. Puggeriino

Puggeriino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 33 / -43
    They need to add a counter tie up because right now it’s not working

Puggeriinoo
  14. PrometheusXVII

PrometheusXVII Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Prometheus (Wheat Kings Owner)#1251
    Ratings:
    +537 / 33 / -51
    Great game overall. If I had to pinpoint areas of improvement I would say the speed at which you are able to pivot into backskating, speed burst and poke checks may need to be tweaked slightly. Before anyone groans here's what I mean:

Pivoting: In nhl 18, when you hold in l2 and throw your movement stick in the opposite direction, your player jolts backward and quickly transitions to their backskate, allowing you to cover ground fast. It seems counter intuitive that this has been slowed down considerably seeing as they are focusing on increasing the speed of the game.

Poke checks: the amount of penalties and discipline it will take to use this action effectively is fine, my only gripe is that if you actually land legitimate poke checks it should strip the player of the puck far more often. Right now it's as effective as the stick lift is in NHL 18 insofar that the puck will remain on the opposing players stick or can easily picked up again 80%-85% of the time. This leaves anyone playing defense with very few options on what to do besides go for the hit or stand in a passing lane.

Speed Burst: I don't know if anyone else agrees but doesn't it seem like the added amount of speed gained from a burst is extremely low comparative to normal skating speed?

No Streaming Account
  15. PrometheusXVII

PrometheusXVII Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Prometheus (Wheat Kings Owner)#1251
    Ratings:
    +537 / 33 / -51
    Oh and allow players to return to their party's dressing room when searching for a game.

No Streaming Account
  16. Pete Cruise

Pete Cruise Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Pete Cruise#0158
    Ratings:
    +481 / 165 / -103
    Do you honestly think that sending this to EA they will change anything? The game is done. It's released in 1 month.
    Any minisule changes will happen with tuners with what THEY see fit to change. Not because you sent in a report.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Pete_Cruise
  17. DrSynncredible1

DrSynncredible1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -12
    My biggest grief with 18 was the horrible puck pick up. There have been many times where i have jumped a pass to the slot only to have the puck just sit there as i skate past it. I have watched countless players skate past the puck so many times that i feel the benny hill theme should be playing. Seems to be less puck pinball in 19, so thank god for that. Love the new features and unlockables, great touch. Love the customization with the exception that being a bigger build should come with a little more penalizing. Which brings me to the exaggerated tripping calls. I get it, and i am all for players getting the hell penalised out of them for spamming the poke check button. I honestly cannot stand the poke physics. I dont see much of it in actual games on a real sheet of ice, would expect more of the same in a game that gives us a true hockey experience. Tone down the tripping, use the defensive stick for what it is meanylt for...taking away passing lanes and deflecting passes. Last gripe, the error messeges. Ive seen so many people drop out of games before its even loaded, including myself more times than i even want to count. Hard to really give feedback for a beta when it takes your 5 tries to actually play a full game. Hopefully that doesnt carry over into the finished product or there will be a lot of refunds. Other than those issues, im pleased. Love the skating mechanics, love that you are forced to put the body on players instead of being poke checked to death. Im excited for september!

No Streaming Account
  18. Dxcibel

Dxcibel Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -1
    I agree for the most part, but I find when I use a player like a defensive defenseman, my player loses a lot of speed when I pivot/transition. I'd like to see them tune that up a little bit. I liked to use the L2 button to rubber band around a bit.

dxcibelplays
  19. AcknowledgeMee_

AcknowledgeMee_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    acknowledgemee_#0
    Ratings:
    +68 / 3 / -10
    Now I play defense and I think the poking is great it teaches you patience and how to not try to poke at everything because that’s not realistic and even in 18 I hate poking because when you do poke it doesn’t always go the way you think it would go and the person you poke from gets the puck right back and scores on some stupid play. The skating feels great. I LOVE the fact that X is not to stick battle anymore where it would be a constant penalty trying to tie someone up in front of the net which is still a minor problem trying to do.

My only concern I would say is the connection I’m hoping that there wouldn’t be a difference in the east west connection. That is one of the things I hate the most where west connections will have a big advantage over east. If they can keep the game steady and everyone has a smooth connection with that this game will be fine!

acknowledgemee_
  20. Lyons x 63

Lyons x 63 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 28 / -73
    Pokes are good in my opinion. Bumps are more of a concern where two players just keep getting in a bump battle as one continually tries to move the puck while the other keeps nudging him, resulting in about 5 straight seconds of puck pickup / bump until a third player comes in

Ones - names not leaving the screeen after starting game. Hitting is too relied on, need to either speed up rate small guys get hit to continue in action or they will be useless.

6s - game dropping if players aren’t readied up. Too many menus to get from A to B. Club games dropping you back to main menu instead of club DR. Faceoff counter needs to come back to reduce tie ups.

Drop ins- clothes are awesome but can be such a distraction if they colours are distinctly different.

Skating - keep everything, even maybe more speed or acceleration for smaller builds to allow people to have variety in games. Noticed passing out of an LT move, the puck goes 180 degrees in the complete opposite direction as the pass was intended.

Customization - awesome. Add more in if possible. The more, the better but the menus to change a simple away sweater takes too long in my opinion. Maybe have all tops in the same menu and not
    3-4 different ones for each home and away. Have a “apply to all” feature that allows all customization to happen to Ones character as well as club character. Most of us want to run our timbas in Ones and Club anyway.

lyonsx63